Campfire Dorado 2020
Dec 13, 2023 at 10:10 PM Post #1,411 of 1,452
Had these for around a month now, so well and truly past the honeymoon phase and I still love them.

Atm my fave 3 iems I've ever heard are
Trifecta
Singularity/Dorado

These are my favourite campfire IEM ive owned (versus Andromeda, Solaris and Vega). They sound like a muscle car, notes have an extraordinary thickness to them, but detail and overall technical performance is great too.
I've had mine for about 6 months now and I'm still undecided. I initially had some issues with getting a good fit (solved by insertion technique).

Now that the fit issues are resolved, I do enjoy the muscle car sound in comparison with my other more 'polite' IEMs occasionally but I'm still undecided about whether to keep them.

Dec 13, 2023 at 10:20 PM Post #1,412 of 1,452
I've had mine for about 6 months now and I'm still undecided. I initially had some issues with getting a good fit (solved by insertion technique).

Now that the fit issues are resolved, I do enjoy the muscle car sound in comparison with my other more 'polite' IEMs occasionally but I'm still undecided about whether to keep them.
My advice, don't sit on an IEM you're so-so on. I did that with Andromeda because tier lists/reviewers said it rocked their world. But I've been much happier with the cheaper Dorado. You know when you find the one :wink:

Dec 13, 2023 at 10:31 PM Post #1,413 of 1,452
My advice, don't sit on an IEM you're so-so on. I did that with Andromeda because tier lists/reviewers said it rocked their world. But I've been much happier with the cheaper Dorado. You know when you find the one :wink:
I do love the Andromeda 2020s. They were my first hi-fi IEM. They're on loan to the wife atm; I listened to them again a few days ago and they still sound just as good.

Dec 13, 2023 at 11:44 PM Post #1,414 of 1,452
For me, the deciding factor on the IEMs I've kept is the driver type. After many years with some different single or multi-BA sets, and a couple planar sets, I started trying DD or hybrid sets.
The Dorado 2020 with its hybrid configuration is my favorite setup. I don't care for BA bass --:it might be clean and maybe deep, but most don't have the correct decay and timbre to accurately reproduce natural or unamplified instruments, IMO.

Curious about the single DD Cascara, which is getting great reviews.

Dec 13, 2023 at 11:50 PM Post #1,415 of 1,452

I tested a lot of tips and in my opinion you can't go wrong with Final E.

Dec 14, 2023 at 12:06 AM Post #1,416 of 1,452
Same story here with Andromeda2020 - dissapointment and to be honest hated them, no chemistry at all :)

First had KZ ZAX, then Tingker TK300 until one day tried Dorado2020.
It was an instant love - it's great what they do for the price.
With Forza Hybrid Noir cable (around 170EUR!) they are far above the price.
And the ceramic shells feel even better than my FIR Xe6
(Xe6 are great upgrade if somebody likes Dorado's sound signature).

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2023 at 12:18 AM Post #1,417 of 1,452
I tested a lot of tips and in my opinion you can't go wrong with Final E.
I actually started with the final E but couldn’t get them to work. Later realised that it was just insertion technique and final E works well.

Dec 14, 2023 at 12:21 AM Post #1,418 of 1,452
Same story here with Andromeda2020 - dissapointment and to be honest hated them, no chemistry at all :)

First had KZ ZAX, then Tingker TK300 until one day tried Dorado2020.
It was an instant love - it's great what they do for the price.
With Forza Hybrid Noir cable (around $300!) they are far above the price.
And the ceramic shells feel even better than my FIR Xe6
(Xe6 are great upgrade if somebody likes Dorado's sound signature).
I agree...if Dorado is your thing, Xe6 might well be, also.

Dec 14, 2023 at 12:31 AM Post #1,419 of 1,452
I agree...if Dorado is your thing, Xe6 might well be, also.
giphy.gif

Dec 14, 2023 at 12:37 AM Post #1,420 of 1,452
Glad to see the Dorado 2020 still getting lots of love. It's a unique IEM...I just sold mine after almost 3 years for new acquisitions. It was my longest owned TOTL IEM. The Xe6 is a great but not a total upgrade. The Dorado 2020 has a soulful wildness that the Xe6 doesn't quite have. With a but of EQ to clear up the mids the Dorado 2020 is pretty solid across the whole FR.

Dec 14, 2023 at 12:59 AM Post #1,421 of 1,452
Glad to see the Dorado 2020 still getting lots of love. It's a unique IEM...I just sold mine after almost 3 years for new acquisitions. It was my longest owned TOTL IEM. The Xe6 is a great but not a total upgrade. The Dorado 2020 has a soulful wildness that the Xe6 doesn't quite have. With a but of EQ to clear up the mids the Dorado 2020 is pretty solid across the whole FR.
I’ll pull the Dorado 2020s out again and give them a whirl. Out of interest what EQ settings do you use? I previously did a small increase at 4khz and decrease at 250hz.

Dec 14, 2023 at 2:24 AM Post #1,422 of 1,452
I'm Xe6, you're Trifecta, let's call the whole thing off 🎶🎵!

Dec 14, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #1,423 of 1,452
I'm Xe6, you're Trifecta, let's call the whole thing off 🎶🎵!
I moved to Xe6 too - it's "simillar" but more classy in many aspects.
But still own Dorado and can't decide to get rid of it.
That premium feel of ceramic shells and nice "click" while inserting - there is probably nothing like this on the market?

Dec 14, 2023 at 12:34 PM Post #1,424 of 1,452
I’ll pull the Dorado 2020s out again and give them a whirl. Out of interest what EQ settings do you use? I previously did a small increase at 4khz and decrease at 250hz.

Basically just what you say here-- I boost the upper mids a bit to ear, depending on source.

Dec 14, 2023 at 1:46 PM Post #1,425 of 1,452
With my PowerAmp app on my Android phone, for my Dorado 2020, I reduce the bass from 60K-350K about 3-4db (remove a bit of boominess), boost the 1-2.5K about 2db, and boost the 7-11K about 3db. I like treble splash and sparkle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back