Campfire Dorado 2020
Jun 17, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #976 of 1,452
Damn I got my justice cable but let's go Audio sent 4.4 when I asked for 2.5!

Bummer man...I ended up ordering an Eletech Prudence from Bloom audio...should have it by Monday :D

Jun 17, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #978 of 1,452
I was looking at getting shanling M6 Pro 21 or standard 21 anyway which have 4.4 so maybe just use adapter til then lol

I still use an adapter for the 2.5 cable on my Elysium.

Jun 18, 2021 at 4:38 AM Post #979 of 1,452
Hi all, just published my 'Head-Fi Exclusive' review of the Dorado 2020 (translation; am too lazy to set up my own review website lol).
If you're interested, feel free to check it out on the link below:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/campfire-audio-dorado-2020.24747/review/26092/

This IEM has become something of a daily driver for me these days. Still think I could get even more joy out of it, if I could find a perfect cable pairing (for my tastes at least) :)

Interested to hear impressions about the Justice cable, although I live in the UK, so unless anyone is willing to sell me one, I doubt I'll be able to get hold of one :sweat_smile:
So far, I found the Fiio LC-RE to sound pretty nice with the Dorado 2020 :)

Jun 18, 2021 at 4:40 AM Post #980 of 1,452
Bummer man...I ended up ordering an Eletech Prudence from Bloom audio...should have it by Monday :D
I already have a Prudence, but haven't tried it with the Dorado 2020 as it's currently firmly ensconced on my Final Audio B1.
Would be interested to hear your impressions :)

Jun 18, 2021 at 6:26 AM Post #981 of 1,452
Damn I got my justice cable but let's go Audio sent 4.4 when I asked for 2.5!
Speaking of Let's Go Audio, iirc several of you on this thread have got your Dorado from them?

Other than @nekromantik getting the wrong cable, how has everyone found the experience purchasing from Let's Go?

Jun 18, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #983 of 1,452
Hi all, just published my 'Head-Fi Exclusive' review of the Dorado 2020 (translation; am too lazy to set up my own review website lol).
If you're interested, feel free to check it out on the link below:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/campfire-audio-dorado-2020.24747/review/26092/

This IEM has become something of a daily driver for me these days. Still think I could get even more joy out of it, if I could find a perfect cable pairing (for my tastes at least) :)

Interested to hear impressions about the Justice cable, although I live in the UK, so unless anyone is willing to sell me one, I doubt I'll be able to get hold of one :sweat_smile:
So far, I found the Fiio LC-RE to sound pretty nice with the Dorado 2020 :)

Great review man...Dorado 2020 reviews are like a box of chocolates you never know what you're going to get. Yours resonated with me...in particular:

"The Dorado 2020 is a special IEM with a fairly idiosyncratic tuning; dark and rich, infused with body and a nice sustain. That dark richness could lead to an overly intimate sound (and occasionally does), but on the whole, the very well-executed separation on offer here brings space around every instrument and vocal, giving each its own space to shine and drawing out details with a delightful organic naturalness."

It's uniqueness (and how well it is executed) is its greatest strength to me...nothing out there is tuned like the Dorado 2020 so if you vibe with its sound it's almost a one of a kind (and very satisfying) experience. Cheers!

Jun 18, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #984 of 1,452
Speaking of Let's Go Audio, iirc several of you on this thread have got your Dorado from them?

Other than @nekromantik getting the wrong cable, how has everyone found the experience purchasing from Let's Go?
I had a very good experience with them. Nearly flawless, apart from the fact they accidentally charged me for a 2kg parcel, but promptly refunded me the difference. My Dorados and Eletech Justice came within a week of making my purchase to the UK in perfect condition. I fully recommend them, especially considering just how big their hifi range is, and very good prices compared to here in the UK. I even got away with not paying any tax : )

@nekromantik sorry I haven't been following the thread for a bit, enjoying my new IEMs, which cable did they send you?

Jun 18, 2021 at 2:01 PM Post #985 of 1,452
Great review man...Dorado 2020 reviews are like a box of chocolates you never know what you're going to get. Yours resonated with me...in particular:

"The Dorado 2020 is a special IEM with a fairly idiosyncratic tuning; dark and rich, infused with body and a nice sustain. That dark richness could lead to an overly intimate sound (and occasionally does), but on the whole, the very well-executed separation on offer here brings space around every instrument and vocal, giving each its own space to shine and drawing out details with a delightful organic naturalness."

It's uniqueness (and how well it is executed) is its greatest strength to me...nothing out there is tuned like the Dorado 2020 so if you vibe with its sound it's almost a one of a kind (and very satisfying) experience. Cheers!

Hey and thanks! I'd have to agree; the Solaris 2020 is the only IEM I've heard whose sound is even close to the Dorado 2020.
The Empire Ears Phantom (another somewhat 'marmite' IEM that many either love or hate) is another favourite of mine, and the only non-Campfire IEM I can think of that reminds me of the 2020 Solaris and Dorado, with its own dark, rich signature and approach to timbre.
What surprised me is how well Dorado 2020 was able to distinguish itself from the Solaris 2020 and display it's own character, despite sharing some of that dark and rich DNA :)

Jun 18, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #986 of 1,452
I had a very good experience with them. Nearly flawless, apart from the fact they accidentally charged me for a 2kg parcel, but promptly refunded me the difference. My Dorados and Eletech Justice came within a week of making my purchase to the UK in perfect condition. I fully recommend them, especially considering just how big their hifi range is, and very good prices compared to here in the UK. I even got away with not paying any tax : )

@nekromantik sorry I haven't been following the thread for a bit, enjoying my new IEMs, which cable did they send you?
It was just the 4.4mm connector instead of 2.5mm, I got AK SR15 so needed 2.5 plus easier to convert.
I just sold my Fiio X5 3rd gen for £100 too so may get Shanling M6 Pro 21

Jun 18, 2021 at 3:19 PM Post #987 of 1,452
What surprised me is how well Dorado 2020 was able to distinguish itself from the Solaris 2020 and display it's own character, despite sharing some of that dark and rich DNA :)

IMHO it is the DD mids combined with the magical acoustic properties of the ceramic. I should have my Prudence on Monday...I don't generally notice huge differences with cables but I'm looking forward to hearing it. What's the Dorado 2020 like through the 220 MAX?

Jun 18, 2021 at 4:58 PM Post #990 of 1,452
Nope keeping them. They sent the adapter free of charge inc shipping.
You dont like the Dorado 2020 now?
No no i'am loving it. Just I had a dunu cable before which I loved. Not really the actual quality (I had their cheapest cable), but their interchangeable jacks were great. And the Hulk Pro looks amazing, and will sonically probably fit well with the Dorado.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back