Campfire Dorado 2020
Jun 18, 2021 at 5:13 PM Post #991 of 1,452
No no i'am loving it. Just I had a dunu cable before which I loved. Not really the actual quality (I had their cheapest cable), but their interchangeable jacks were great. And the Hulk Pro looks amazing, and will sonically probably fit well with the Dorado.
oh right your talking about the dunu cable! haha
fact that justice is made for dorado should mean its the best fit but I aint sure I want to pay over 100 on a premium cable at mo

Jun 19, 2021 at 3:43 AM Post #992 of 1,452
IMHO it is the DD mids combined with the magical acoustic properties of the ceramic. I should have my Prudence on Monday...I don't generally notice huge differences with cables but I'm looking forward to hearing it. What's the Dorado 2020 like through the 220 MAX?
My favourite pairings were with DX220MAX and also (a surprise winner) my hardware and firmware modded Sony ZX300.
I appreciate this may not be particularly helpful to most readers, given that one DAP is a limited edition that's no longer officially on sale, and the other DAP was custom modded for me by Nayparm and with custom FW from MrWalkman. But, that's my honest answer!
Both of them increase sub-bass impact and slam, bring further levels of clarity, detail and increases in soundstage size and separation, to my hearing at least :)

With both the Sony WM1Z and iBasso DX300 (stock amp unit), the Dorado still sounds good but I feel there's a bit too much warmth from the DAPs which doesn't complement the signature of the Dorado all that well, for my tastes anyway. If someone was looking for a more warm and rich and intimate pairing, then I suppose they'd be in heaven :D

Jun 21, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #994 of 1,452
Jun 21, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #995 of 1,452
No no i'am loving it. Just I had a dunu cable before which I loved. Not really the actual quality (I had their cheapest cable), but their interchangeable jacks were great. And the Hulk Pro looks amazing, and will sonically probably fit well with the Dorado.

Dunu cables are fantastic and my go-to recommendation and the DW-02 is my go-to recommendation for any Campfire IEM.

Jun 21, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #996 of 1,452
Jun 22, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #997 of 1,452
This new album sounds awesome on the Dorado 2020... Love how its portrays drums especially.

Screenshot 2021-06-22 at 14.46.09.png

Jul 9, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #999 of 1,452
0F9E471D-C6D5-461D-9242-F09C94C45BF8.JPEG

The Dorado 2020 deserves more love. Every time I put them on, no matter what I'm coming from or how long it's been, I'm always drawn into their simple, non-pretentious expression of pure bombastic fun. I'm not sure if there's anything else on the market quite like them.

Jul 9, 2021 at 8:19 PM Post #1,000 of 1,452
Can the Dorado 2020 be worn wires down instead of over the ears?

Jul 9, 2021 at 8:27 PM Post #1,001 of 1,452
Jul 10, 2021 at 2:18 AM Post #1,002 of 1,452

The Dorado 2020 deserves more love. Every time I put them on, no matter what I'm coming from or how long it's been, I'm always drawn into their simple, non-pretentious expression of pure bombastic fun. I'm not sure if there's anything else on the market quite like them.
@Rockwell75 Hey there! Is that cable the Prudence?
Can't remember if I've asked you this before! I have the Prudence (in both 2-pin and MMCX) but haven't thought to try it with the Dorado yet!
What differences do you hear over the stock cable? :)

Jul 10, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #1,003 of 1,452
@Rockwell75 Hey there! Is that cable the Prudence?
Can't remember if I've asked you this before! I have the Prudence (in both 2-pin and MMCX) but haven't thought to try it with the Dorado yet!
What differences do you hear over the stock cable? :)

Well the stock cable's 3.5 so it's not really a fair comparison. I don't really notice a difference in sound tbh. I absolutely love the Prudence though. Aesthetically it's a perfect match for Dorado.

Jul 11, 2021 at 7:31 AM Post #1,004 of 1,452
Well the stock cable's 3.5 so it's not really a fair comparison. I don't really notice a difference in sound tbh. I absolutely love the Prudence though. Aesthetically it's a perfect match for Dorado.
I finally bit the bullet and managed to pick up a 4.4mm Smoky Litz cable from a local Head-Fi'er.
Unfortunately not the Super Smoky Litz, but at least I think it's the same one that came with the Dorado 2020.

I did observe with the Dorado 2020 that what I thought was a fairly noticeable difference with my 4.4mm Fiio LC-RE cable vs stock 3.5mm Smoky Litz was not so emphasised when I compared it with my new 4.4mm Smoky Litz. So, as you say, it seems there's quite a bit of difference just going from 3.5mm to 4.4mm on my current DAPs.

I just remembered why I haven't tried the Prudence with my Dorado 2020 yet.
I think I was brain-fogged when I read your comment originally, and I dug out my Itsfit Fusion, which I had paired with my 2-pin Prudence, thinking to put it onto the Dorado.
But I'd actually need the MMCX one of course, which is on my 'out and about' IEM, the Final Audio B1, which has stunning rose gold shells and is an even better fit aesthetically with the Prudence :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back