Campfire Chat - Official Campfire Audio 2024 Thread!
Mar 2, 2024 at 7:10 PM Post #736 of 1,061
Just grabbed a pair of Blackstar inbound
Thanks for informing me
My first CA iem
😀😀😀😀😀
Excellent. That’s what these forums are all about, enabling each other and normalizing our shared addiction. You’re gonna love them.

Mar 2, 2024 at 7:53 PM Post #737 of 1,061
Excellent. That’s what these forums are all about, enabling each other and normalizing our shared addiction. You’re gonna love them.
Thanks
Ok i will hide package from wifey, and if she finds it, i will point to this thread and you guys and especially CA, lol
seriously thxs as I assumed they were sold out
depends on when people started their journey.

I do agree with this for those people who are JUST starting out and do the ChiFi shuffle from 9$-19$-39$-89$-119$-199$-319$-500$ within a 12 month period and watch the MK2, MK3, MK4 versions of each-one get released the day after they bought a unit. They're over a grand in the hole and have zero resale value wishing they just bought a single 1000$ +/- unit.
i fit this category as just ordered my 2 chifi iem, one not opened yet, returning asap, found a blackstar, inbound 😀, your post and info helped me tremendously

Mar 3, 2024 at 12:59 PM Post #740 of 1,061
Have to say that the Bonneville are a knock out! I’ve been enjoying these for these past few weeks and it seems they breathe new life into every recording.

Listening to this at the moment:

It’s been a while but the resolution, the nice thump of the bass, it all sounds fantastic.

I’ve owned a lot of CA iems in the past (Orion, Nova,Jupiter, Andromeda, Dorado 2020, Solaris 2020) and heard at least a half dozen others and for me these are the perfect iteration of all of them.

It’s been a long time that I’ve had an iem that I am consistently impressed with on every listen.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2024 at 1:34 PM Post #741 of 1,061
Have to say that the Bonneville are a knock out! I’ve been enjoying these for these past few weeks and it seems they breathe new life into every recording.

It’s been a while but the resolution, the nice thump of the bass, it all sounds fantastic.

I’ve owned a lot of CA iems in the past (Orion, Nova,Jupiter, Andromeda, Dorado 2020, Solaris 2020) and heard at least a half dozen others and for me these are the perfect iteration of all of them.

It’s been a long time that I’ve had an iem that I consistently am impressed with on every listen.
https://tidal.com/browse/playlist/dd430448-fd8d-4254-8060-a3517ed8183e

check this out!

Mar 3, 2024 at 1:43 PM Post #742 of 1,061

It’s been a long time that I’ve had an iem that I consistently am impressed with on every listen.
Congrats on Bonneville - and as a fellow owner I share your sentiments! Incredible value IEM with a wonderful sound. Enjoy!

Mar 3, 2024 at 2:41 PM Post #744 of 1,061
We have Spotify and Apple Music. I haven’t tried Tidal though that looks like a great playlist.
Is Tidal better?
I have a discount on both apple and tidal so i have both. I prefer Tidal for classic rock and the huge catalogue of special albums/live albums/remasters. It's good for discovery too! I use apple music for pop/electronic/kpop on my phone for the most part but of course have both apps on both laptop and my phone. The real answer is of course, it depends.

Apple does not playback "bit perfect" over windows PC while Tidal Exclusive mode does, although I'm having a hell of a time as they move MQA over to 24/192 flac, my RME over ASIO bridge can't handle that buffer for whatever reason T_T (41/48/96 FLAC works but 192 just stutters HARD even though both the MADIface utility doesn't show USB drops and the ASIO bridge doesn't flash red for cache overrun). I can always plug up my mojo 2 and it does just fine auto-switching playback rates.

Apple is locked to 192 forced matching 24/192 windows rate so windows doesn't resample again. Apple does bit perfect over android. They remain petty and won't offer bit-perfect for windows 🤣🤣🤣,

Mar 3, 2024 at 3:17 PM Post #745 of 1,061
Hi! I would like to pull the trigger on Black Star but I'd like to know how much does the shell weight. I have small ears and is very important to me to know the exact weight if anyone could be kind to tell me. I know it's stainless steel and that's what worries me. I had FiiO FD5 which was also made stainless steel with 11g shell weight and it wasn't a good match for my ears. Now I have the FiiO JD7 which is also made of stainless steel but much lighter at 8.5g shell and it's a good fit for me. How are the Black Star in comparation? 1000 $ it's a lot of money for me to spend and it is my first Campfire iem. I'm quite excited about it's tuning and being a limited edition I have to hurry before it's sold out.

Mar 3, 2024 at 4:36 PM Post #746 of 1,061
Hi! I would like to pull the trigger on Black Star but I'd like to know how much does the shell weight
I just so happened to bring home my parts scale to weigh my cat.

(She’s almost a year old and 7lb. 12oz., thanks for asking.)

IMG_9130.jpeg

10.5g each. Hope that helps you.

Mar 3, 2024 at 5:13 PM Post #747 of 1,061
IMG_5704.jpeg
Definitely still digging on my rough, rugged and weathered Solaris 2020, with a brand-new TimeStream cable with the 4.4mm balanced termination.

Mar 3, 2024 at 5:19 PM Post #748 of 1,061
My first Campfire model, Bonneville in the quite special and daring color.

Bombastic bass :ballot_box_with_check:

Crisp treble :ballot_box_with_check:

Immense fun :ballot_box_with_check:

I am so intrigued by the Bonneville and definitely intrigued by that color, in your opinion, how do they look and feel in person?

Mar 3, 2024 at 6:31 PM Post #749 of 1,061
Cross posting from the watercooler because i just want to share my love for the Cascara.
After living with the CASCARA for a few days I have to say it's probably the most tip and cable sensitive iem I own. Having dialed in my perfect combination with the Tangzu TangSanCai tips and the FiiO LC-RE Pro 2022 with its Gold+Silver+Copper Hybrid configuration they now sound superb and worthy of the price. This combination removed the bass bloom I experienced with stock cable and my usual tips of choice the divinis Velvets.
Guitars now bite with authority, drums sound full detailed Simply superb bass going low with great impact in the mid bass and the really surprising detailed rendition of vocals and treble detail.
Definitely I'm my top 5 DD iems.
Edit. Music listening Classic Rock, these iems make recordings from the 70s and 80s sound huge!

Mar 3, 2024 at 8:52 PM Post #750 of 1,061
I just so happened to bring home my parts scale to weigh my cat.

(She’s almost a year old and 7lb. 12oz., thanks for asking.)

IMG_9130.jpeg

10.5g each. Hope that helps you.
What's the scale for 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back