Campfire Chat - Official Campfire Audio 2024 Thread!
Jan 24, 2024 at 4:42 PM Post #331 of 1,131
I only have the Dorado 2020.

I have tried a few others: Comet, Polaris II, Saber, but no joy with any of them. I love the skill and power of the Dorado, but ultimately would like something with less heavy bass, esp. mid-bass, and much more treble energy. Without EQ, the Dorado can sound boomy and dull to me.

I think Bonneville or Supermoon would be a great fit here!

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jan 24, 2024 at 4:55 PM Post #332 of 1,131
I actually had a question about those new shells. Are they all some sort of custom shape but one takes a traditional tip? And then the artist vs enthusiast fit is a true custom mold done with a longer stem vs shorter stem for the ear canal?

Jan 24, 2024 at 5:23 PM Post #333 of 1,131
OK, I haven't thought much about the Supermoon because I tried the 7Hz Timeless about a year ago, and it was very-meh to me -- of course that may be a poor implementation of planar! I'll look into some reviews!

TA MK3/Hype10/Prestige LTD.

TA Clairvoyance/UM Indigo Used.

The used market is my favorite x'D. I've only paid MSRP 2X soon to be 3X.
I had the TA Oracle and it was nice, and have thought about the Clairvoyance or Monarch. My only hesitation is that the several IEMs I've tried using EST drivers make the treble sound too soft, smoothed over to me. The only one that came close was the Kinera Norn -- very nice IEM.

I think I've become the proverbial 40-year-old spinster who just can't find the right "mate!" :smile:

Jan 24, 2024 at 5:28 PM Post #334 of 1,131
Bueno, no he pensado mucho en la Superluna porque probé el 7Hz Timeless hace aproximadamente un año y fue muy normal para mí. ¡Por supuesto que puede ser una mala implementación de planar! ¡Miraré algunas reseñas!

Tuve el Oráculo TA y fue agradable, y pensé en la Clarividencia o Monarca. Mi única duda es que los varios IEM que he probado usando controladores EST hacen que los agudos suenen demasiado suaves, suavizados para mí. El único que estuvo cerca fue el Kinera Norn, un IEM muy bueno.

Creo que me he convertido en la proverbial solterona de 40 años que simplemente no puede encontrar la "compañera" adecuada. :sonrisa:
Stellar horizon creo que tiene los mejores agudos de campfire audio pruebalos

Jan 24, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #335 of 1,131
I actually had a question about those new shells. Are they all some sort of custom shape but one takes a traditional tip? And then the artist vs enthusiast fit is a true custom mold done with a longer stem vs shorter stem for the ear canal?

That's correct! All of the Chromatic series are available in Custom fit (Audiophile or Artist fit), and Universal fit. The Universal fit has been described by some as having a 'semi-custom' feel and the shape is an aggregate of the thousands of inner-ear impressions we've received for our customs line. The universals are compatible with traditional ear tips.

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jan 24, 2024 at 6:05 PM Post #336 of 1,131
OK, I haven't thought much about the Supermoon because I tried the 7Hz Timeless about a year ago, and it was very-meh to me -- of course that may be a poor implementation of planar! I'll look into some reviews!

I had the TA Oracle and it was nice, and have thought about the Clairvoyance or Monarch. My only hesitation is that the several IEMs I've tried using EST drivers make the treble sound too soft, smoothed over to me. The only one that came close was the Kinera Norn -- very nice IEM.

I think I've become the proverbial 40-year-old spinster who just can't find the right "mate!" :smile:

The folks over in the Chromatic Series or CA New Release threads can probably provide some good thoughts re: Supermoon as well

Jan 24, 2024 at 6:10 PM Post #337 of 1,131
I only have the Dorado 2020.

I have tried a few others: Comet, Polaris II, Saber, but no joy with any of them. I love the skill and power of the Dorado, but ultimately would like something with less heavy bass, esp. mid-bass, and much more treble energy. Without EQ, the Dorado can sound boomy and dull to me.
I've only tried 3 IEMs.
They were all blind buys.
They were all Campfire.
I'm keeping them all.

To be fair I did consume all the online info I could find about each before buying; so it wasn't completely blind.
Hope you get a better match next go around.

Jan 24, 2024 at 9:23 PM Post #338 of 1,131
Noone likes vega 2020???

I haven't heard either Vega oddly enough, given my affinity for CFA DDs. I'm hoping that CFA will bring a selection of their legacy IEMs to CanJam NYC as there are many I'd love to hear again.

In other news this magnificent pairup continues to bring light and joy to my soul...

20120D7D-48D9-48CC-A45D-0BD314FC475D.JPEG

Jan 24, 2024 at 10:16 PM Post #339 of 1,131
I haven't heard either Vega oddly enough, given my affinity for CFA DDs. I'm hoping that CFA will bring a selection of their legacy IEMs to CanJam NYC as there are many I'd love to hear again.

In other news this magnificent pairup continues to bring light and joy to my soul...

Wanna send em my way for a demo :wink: My Evo's out out for a month for repair 😭

Jan 24, 2024 at 10:42 PM Post #340 of 1,131
Since I see a CA IEM in my future, does anyone have any advice on something a little warmer than reference but without being a slap you in the face bass monster? I want something that holds me tenderly, like a lover, and whispers to me whilst feeding me wine and chocolate, but I can hear the whispers, and understand them.

This is definitely what I'm expericing with my new Emerald Seas. Beautiful description!

Jan 25, 2024 at 1:55 AM Post #341 of 1,131

20120D7D-48D9-48CC-A45D-0BD314FC475D.JPEG
Ahahah i believe you bit it is a really different price...when o had vega and solaris 2020 at same time, vega was pleasant to listen. Solaris was .ore technical

Jan 25, 2024 at 5:19 AM Post #342 of 1,131
Noone likes vega 2020???
I love the Vega 2020, sounds awesome with my Mojo2 and Qobus.

I bought the Dorado 2020 as an upgrade but sold it again as I much prefered the Vega 2020. The bass is just beautiful and to my ears it doesn't muddy up the rest of the sound. The mids and treble might be slightly recessed compared to the bass (L shaped) but it's not like anything is missing. You just have to listen more closely. The smoothnes of the Vega really lets you lean into the music.

@Campfire: If I should upgrade from the Vega2020 to another Campfire IEM what would you recommend? Is the bass in the Cascara similar to the Vega2020 or is it more like the Dorado2020? And what about the Cascara treble, is it "sharper" than the Vega2020. Or smooth but more detailed?

Jan 25, 2024 at 7:30 AM Post #343 of 1,131
I love the Vega 2020, sounds awesome with my Mojo2 and Qobus.

I bought the Dorado 2020 as an upgrade but sold it again as I much prefered the Vega 2020. The bass is just beautiful and to my ears it doesn't muddy up the rest of the sound. The mids and treble might be slightly recessed compared to the bass (L shaped) but it's not like anything is missing. You just have to listen more closely. The smoothnes of the Vega really lets you lean into the music.

@Campfire: If I should upgrade from the Vega2020 to another Campfire IEM what would you recommend? Is the bass in the Cascara similar to the Vega2020 or is it more like the Dorado2020? And what about the Cascara treble, is it "sharper" than the Vega2020. Or smooth but more detailed?
Agree 100%. Best buy

Jan 25, 2024 at 10:25 AM Post #344 of 1,131
Wanna send em my way for a demo :wink: My Evo's out out for a month for repair 😭

lol at this point I'm not sure I could handle being away from them for even a day nevermind a week. That said perhaps you could contact CFA to find out if there are any avenues for demo you could take advantage of?

Another photo crom my Campfire archives...my Atlas and my cat Mango

IMG_0283.JPG

Jan 25, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #345 of 1,131
lol at this point I'm not sure I could handle being away from them for even a day nevermind a week. That said perhaps you could contact CFA to find out if there are any avenues for demo you could take advantage of?

Another photo crom my Campfire archives...my Atlas and my cat Mango

IMG_0283.JPG
That combo could do with some :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back