Campfire Chat - Official Campfire Audio 2024 Thread!
Jan 22, 2024 at 5:56 PM Post #316 of 1,099
Since I see a CA IEM in my future, does anyone have any advice on something a little warmer than reference but without being a slap you in the face bass monster? I want something that holds me tenderly, like a lover, and whispers to me whilst feeding me wine and chocolate, but I can hear the whispers, and understand them.
Andromeda OG :)

Jan 22, 2024 at 6:27 PM Post #317 of 1,099
Andromeda OG :)
@Tstorey or a 2019 version. The OG has the Ribbed/textured metal (good luck finding one with its paint not so chipped, but hey will be super cheap). The V2/V3 went to the smooth metal, but you can see the twisty (like a tornado logo) screws. The V4 is technically the 2019 version and it has a different nozzle (the flat "holes" like a grill over the OG/V2/V3 which was 3 holes; 1 large 2 smaller). The 2020 is normally identified as such and is the "safest" tuning but gives up all of the "sparkle" the Andromeda was known for in the treble.

I think I got that right. Good luck shopping the secondary market!

EDIT: @Tstorey try looking for the Andromeda Gold specials (black paint original limited) or the Titanium version that was super limited. But yeah, as for brand new, that black-star is probably where it's at, but you can totally find early green Andros for a couple hundred and start a little collection :wink:

Edit 2: MW10 (super rare) and Andro Gold on ebay for 899. Most 2019's are 744 to 850. Turns out... The OG is being listed as "Classic" and good examples, heck even great examples (great paint, all accessories) are going for mid 600's LOL they are now the most sought after version. Good luck 😉

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2024 at 7:15 PM Post #318 of 1,099
Jupiter is still one of my all-time favorite IEMs. It was my first big IEM purchase and was my introduction to Campfire Audio. It is the oldest IEM in my collection. I'm also proud to have purchased the Nova when it was first launched on Massdrop, I wish I'd kept it. My current collection includes: Supermoon, Andromeda Emerald Sea, Solaris, Ara, Jupiter, Vega 2020 & Satsuma. I also previously owned Solaris 2020, Andromeda SS, Andromeda Gold, Andromeda CK Snow White, Andromeda, Dorado 2020, Polaris II, Mammoth, Lyra II, IO, Nova CK, Nova, Onyx, Orion, Honeydew & Comet. I would love to add the Solaris Shrink Ray some day. Currently on my wish list are Stellar Horizon & Black Star. One of the highlights in my audiophile journey was getting to meet & chat with Ken Ball at CanJam NYC 2018 and Ken sharing with me Campfire's early developments into custom IEMs and the hurdles of implementing TAEC in a custom form. Combine my love of their IEMs with their amazing service through all these years and it's no question Campfire Audio is my favorite audio company. The IEMs are great, but the philosophy & people at Campfire Audio are stellar. Nicely done.

Jan 22, 2024 at 8:01 PM Post #319 of 1,099
Glad to see the top-three rankings happening here, keep em coming! I'll get some totals tallied up!

Trifecta x11
Supermoon x10

Bonneville x7
Andromeda OG x5
Solaris OG x5
Solaris SE x5
Atlas x4
Solaris 2020 x3
Andromeda 2020 x3
Dorado 2020 x2
Stellar Horizon x2
Emerald Sea x2
Black Star x2
Andromeda Gold x2

Holocene
Ara
Cascara
Vega OG
Ponderosa
Jupiter

So many classic IEMs!

Edit: I'll keep tabulating if anyone else wants to vote on their favorite CFA IEMs.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2024 at 12:35 AM Post #321 of 1,099
Love to see a definitive CFA thread come to life! I've been enjoying Campfire products since the very beginning of my audiophile journey with the Comet, and I'm head over heels with the Trifecta. As far as my faves:

1. Trifecta: the wildest set I've ever heard.
2. Andro Gold: my favorite travel companion.
3. Andro S: glowing and crystalline vocals.

Jan 23, 2024 at 1:55 AM Post #322 of 1,099
Jupiter is still one of my all-time favorite IEMs. It was my first big IEM purchase and was my introduction to Campfire Audio. It is the oldest IEM in my collection. I'm also proud to have purchased the Nova when it was first launched on Massdrop, I wish I'd kept it. My current collection includes: Supermoon, Andromeda Emerald Sea, Solaris, Ara, Jupiter, Vega 2020 & Satsuma. I also previously owned Solaris 2020, Andromeda SS, Andromeda Gold, Andromeda CK Snow White, Andromeda, Dorado 2020, Polaris II, Mammoth, Lyra II, IO, Nova CK, Nova, Onyx, Orion, Honeydew & Comet. I would love to add the Solaris Shrink Ray some day. Currently on my wish list are Stellar Horizon & Black Star. One of the highlights in my audiophile journey was getting to meet & chat with Ken Ball at CanJam NYC 2018 and Ken sharing with me Campfire's early developments into custom IEMs and the hurdles of implementing TAEC in a custom form. Combine my love of their IEMs with their amazing service through all these years and it's no question Campfire Audio is my favorite audio company. The IEMs are great, but the philosophy & people at Campfire Audio are stellar. Nicely done.

They, along with Sony, are my favorite brand also and have been for pretty much the entirety of the most recent phase of my lifelong obsession with portable audio. It kind of poetic for me that only recently after finally acquiring a Sony WM1Z that I've finally felt something resembling finality in what has been an audio journey of the soul for me. Sony + Campfire, a match made in heaven for me.

I was fortunate to meet Caleb in SoCal last year and I'm really hoping to see Ken in NYC in a few weeks :)

B6C130F1-632D-4E6D-94F3-66FA8E0FB81B.jpeg

Current tally...keep the votes coming :)

Trifecta x13
Supermoon x11

Bonneville x7
Andromeda OG x6
Solaris OG x5
Solaris SE x5
Atlas x4
Solaris 2020 x4
Andromeda Gold x3
Andromeda 2020 x3
Dorado 2020 x2
Stellar Horizon x2
Emerald Sea x2
Black Star x2

Holocene
Ara
Cascara
Vega OG
Ponderosa
Jupiter

Jan 23, 2024 at 3:52 AM Post #324 of 1,099
Heya CFA! I wanted to ask if there are plans to venture into non iems again?
The headphones were actually super awesome, well built and I would love to see a newer edition if that'll ever happen! Or even a flathead earbud haha.

But! Curious to how youd respond.

Jan 23, 2024 at 5:13 AM Post #325 of 1,099
1 Andromeda Gold Ti
2 Andromeda Gold
3 Andromeda 2020

Jan 23, 2024 at 11:46 AM Post #326 of 1,099

Wow! This is awesome. That's a great collection and really cool to see how many of our products you've had/listened to. Folks like you really help our company keep going and being able to experiment and innovate so a big thanks from our whole team here!

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jan 23, 2024 at 11:49 AM Post #327 of 1,099
Heya CFA! I wanted to ask if there are plans to venture into non iems again?
The headphones were actually super awesome, well built and I would love to see a newer edition if that'll ever happen! Or even a flathead earbud haha.

But! Curious to how youd respond.

We would love to! We've made some progress on a new headphone over the years, but it has remained a bit of a back-burner project due to bandwidth and other factors. Wish we could give a more solid answer here but it's a bit up in the air.

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jan 24, 2024 at 2:06 PM Post #328 of 1,099
They, along with Sony, are my favorite brand also and have been for pretty much the entirety of the most recent phase of my lifelong obsession with portable audio. It kind of poetic for me that only recently after finally acquiring a Sony WM1Z that I've finally felt something resembling finality in what has been an audio journey of the soul for me. Sony + Campfire, a match made in heaven for me.

I was fortunate to meet Caleb in SoCal last year and I'm really hoping to see Ken in NYC in a few weeks :)

B6C130F1-632D-4E6D-94F3-66FA8E0FB81B.jpeg

Current tally...keep the votes coming :)

Trifecta x13
Supermoon x11

Bonneville x7
Andromeda OG x6
Solaris OG x5
Solaris SE x5
Atlas x4
Solaris 2020 x4
Andromeda Gold x3
Andromeda 2020 x3
Dorado 2020 x2
Stellar Horizon x2
Emerald Sea x2
Black Star x2

Holocene
Ara
Cascara
Vega OG
Ponderosa
Jupiter
I only have the Trifecta so that’s my vote.

Jan 24, 2024 at 4:14 PM Post #329 of 1,099
I only have the Dorado 2020.

I have tried a few others: Comet, Polaris II, Saber, but no joy with any of them. I love the skill and power of the Dorado, but ultimately would like something with less heavy bass, esp. mid-bass, and much more treble energy. Without EQ, the Dorado can sound boomy and dull to me.

Jan 24, 2024 at 4:36 PM Post #330 of 1,099
I only have the Dorado 2020.

I have tried a few others: Comet, Polaris II, Saber, but no joy with any of them. I love the skill and power of the Dorado, but ultimately would like something with less heavy bass, esp. mid-bass, and much more treble energy. Without EQ, the Dorado can sound boomy and dull to me.
TA MK3/Hype10/Prestige LTD.

TA Clairvoyance/UM Indigo Used.

The used market is my favorite x'D. I've only paid MSRP 2X soon to be 3X.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back