Campfire Chat - Official Campfire Audio 2024 Thread!
Jan 11, 2024 at 9:53 AM Post #76 of 1,103
Can any of these new iem's best my Andro 2019's? (didn't keep the 2020's) I'm still thrilled with them especially after getting them discounted which I consider exceptional value, after selling my OG's and regretting it. Got no way of trying any you see.

Jan 11, 2024 at 10:17 AM Post #77 of 1,103
Can any of these new iem's best my Andro 2019's?

Yes and no. Speaking for myself, as much as I love the OG Andro (it's still my favorite Andromeda-- I always take a minute to listen to @theveterans' Pacific Blue whenever I see him at CanJam-- and I'm always struck by how well it holds up after all this time) I much prefer CFA's DD based offerings on the whole and would take a number of their current offerings (Trifecta, Bonneville, Supermoon, Cascara) over the Andromeda. On the other hand none of these IEMs are really anything like the OG Andromeda in terms of overall sound profile so in that sense it's not really fair to compare in an apples-apples way. All of this to say-- it depends on your tastes but if the OG Andromeda is still tops for you and what you're after is a clear and direct upgrade to that...then I'm not sure any IEM (from CFA or anywhere really) will do it for you. That said of all their current offerings I would suggest looking at Bonneville or maybe Black Star. One feature of newer iterations of the Andromeda is that they've gotten progressively darker. My sense is that this is the case with the Ponderosa also, though I have not heard that one. For me the real strength OG Andro is its top end sparkle and I would love to see another iteration of that line that goes back in that direction. YMMV Etc. etc.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2024 at 10:24 AM Post #78 of 1,103
The Lyra, Vega, and Dorado lines have been the only IEM’s I can wear for more than a few minutes without discomfort in my ear, and I tried many. Thank you guys for making my mid afternoon walk a delight for the past 8 years.

True Gents.
PXL_20240111_040515621.jpg

Jan 11, 2024 at 11:41 AM Post #81 of 1,103
Proud owner of the Andromeda CK Pacific Blue since December 2017. 7 years later and still going strong!

IMG_9066.jpeg

Andromeda CK Blue for life!

Awesome! Always great to see folks getting long-lasting use of our products. These are a special set!

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jan 11, 2024 at 12:03 PM Post #85 of 1,103
Awesome! Always great to see folks getting long-lasting use of our products. These are a special set!

They are indeed! The Pacific Blue Cerakote holds up incredibly well and have that special texture on them like a premium paint on a car :)

Jan 11, 2024 at 12:15 PM Post #86 of 1,103
IMG_0621.jpeg

Snagged this MW10 B-stock unit in the recent Campfire Marketplace Christmas sale. Probably my favorite Andromeda in my collection. Paired with Eletech’s Victoria cable and Baroque tips.

The first time I saw the MW10 was back in Jan of 2020 in Tokyo’s e-earphone. I was in the shop ready to audition this baby but someone else was taking his time listening to it. Long story short I got lost in other parts of the shop and didn’t have enough time to listen to it so ended up not buying it. Little did I know back then, the world would shut down two months after that, well nobody knew so I feel lucky being able to travel to Japan at that exact time period.

Well, glad I saw the Christmas marketplace sale in an email :)

Jan 11, 2024 at 12:58 PM Post #90 of 1,103
IMG_0621.jpeg

Snagged this MW10 B-stock unit in the recent Campfire Marketplace Christmas sale. Probably my favorite Andromeda in my collection. Paired with Eletech’s Victoria cable and Baroque tips.

The first time I saw the MW10 was back in Jan of 2020 in Tokyo’s e-earphone. I was in the shop ready to audition this baby but someone else was taking his time listening to it. Long story short I got lost in other parts of the shop and didn’t have enough time to listen to it so ended up not buying it. Little did I know back then, the world would shut down two months after that, well nobody knew so I feel lucky being able to travel to Japan at that exact time period.

Well, glad I saw the Christmas marketplace sale in an email :)

This is so cool! We love this about the Market site, getting people great deals on old favorites and seeing stuff like this is great. This is the last one we had around so it's pretty serendipitous that you were able to grab them!

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back