Campfire Chat - Official Campfire Audio 2024 Thread!
Apr 4, 2024 at 12:06 AM Post #976 of 1,152
New to CA, the bug lure hit me hard, was able to snag a Bonneville and Blackstar
BASS
Bonneville, truck slamming bass, a superb marvelous realistic slam, the truck hits the wall at 70 mile per hr, realistic, deep tactical wet lush but tammed, but when track calls for a slam , Holly smokes, hold on and await the deep tactile base attack, just superb base, buckle up unapologetic deep lush slam
After the truck hits the wall, you realize you made it and you are just foot stomping, realizing you have just experienced some astonishing bass notes on an iem,,,just marvelous

Blackstar,
BASS
The BS also has the truck hitting the wall slam but, takes a different route, you take the lush route, and before you know it , your slamming into the wall, deep, lush, little more holegraohic but equal slam, just different but amazing bass
The BS to me is a superb marvelous iem elominating stellar rich holographic, galactic notes,,though out each note of the Spectrum , bass no exception, with the Bonneville you knew you were going to hit the wall, BS, surprised you but you get hooked on BS bass , and then realize, theirs a DD in play providing spectacular bass, in short , you get surprised you hit the wall, saying amazing bass

Midrange,,,, treble

Again both different technical marvels
Hooking both of these gems to a good source is like, plugging a electric guitar directly into a amp, volume high
While both technical mavels the midranges are different,, both sureal 3D, holographic, with the BS, and Bonneville , leaving you in awe

Bonneville, concert plugging into a electric organ and a bass guitar, while the wind blows and the lights go out and the concert starts
Your the bass player next to the big speaker, your not in the audience you’re actually in the band, next to the other instruments
A marvelous outstanding iem

Blackstar, your invited to a concert hall,it’s quiet then you plug directly into an amp, one million megawatts, and notes provide perfect harmony, making me say, this iem is angelic perfection
Technical marvel, DD bass,

Just few thoughts on SQ

I realized these technical wonders, are tuned to perfection just different paths not to compete but provide different musical experiences
amazing iems

IMG_2386.jpeg
Now go listen to some Empire Ears and Fat Freq offerings and describe the bass 🤭
Entertaining write up! Makes me want to audition the Bonny next month even more! Trifecta is the must listen for me.

Apr 4, 2024 at 11:14 AM Post #978 of 1,152
New to CA, the bug lure hit me hard, was able to snag a Bonneville and Blackstar
BASS
Bonneville, truck slamming bass, a superb marvelous realistic slam, the truck hits the wall at 70 mile per hr, realistic, deep tactical wet lush but tammed, but when track calls for a slam , Holly smokes, hold on and await the deep tactile base attack, just superb base, buckle up unapologetic deep lush slam
After the truck hits the wall, you realize you made it and you are just foot stomping, realizing you have just experienced some astonishing bass notes on an iem,,,just marvelous

Blackstar,
BASS
The BS also has the truck hitting the wall slam but, takes a different route, you take the lush route, and before you know it , your slamming into the wall, deep, lush, little more holegraohic but equal slam, just different but amazing bass
The BS to me is a superb marvelous iem elominating stellar rich holographic, galactic notes,,though out each note of the Spectrum , bass no exception, with the Bonneville you knew you were going to hit the wall, BS, surprised you but you get hooked on BS bass , and then realize, theirs a DD in play providing spectacular bass, in short , you get surprised you hit the wall, saying amazing bass

Midrange,,,, treble

Again both different technical marvels
Hooking both of these gems to a good source is like, plugging a electric guitar directly into a amp, volume high
While both technical mavels the midranges are different,, both sureal 3D, holographic, with the BS, and Bonneville , leaving you in awe

Bonneville, concert plugging into a electric organ and a bass guitar, while the wind blows and the lights go out and the concert starts
Your the bass player next to the big speaker, your not in the audience you’re actually in the band, next to the other instruments
A marvelous outstanding iem

Blackstar, your invited to a concert hall,it’s quiet then you plug directly into an amp, one million megawatts, and notes provide perfect harmony, making me say, this iem is angelic perfection
Technical marvel, DD bass,

Just few thoughts on SQ

I realized these technical wonders, are tuned to perfection just different paths not to compete but provide different musical experiences
amazing iems

IMG_2386.jpeg

Thanks so much for sharing this! I think these two earphones are really a testament to how similar configurations can be used to create different listening experiences in some ways that are subtle and, in other ways, drastic. BlackStar and Bonneville are cousins but with very much their own personalities.

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Apr 4, 2024 at 2:00 PM Post #979 of 1,152
Thanks so much for sharing this! I think these two earphones are really a testament to how similar configurations can be used to create different listening experiences in some ways that are subtle and, in other ways, drastic. BlackStar and Bonneville are cousins but with very much their own personalities.
Thanks as pluging ether one of these in, creates an astonishing listening experience,
PS, i was hoping i won a free Trifecta, lol,
I can only try😀

Apr 4, 2024 at 2:06 PM Post #980 of 1,152
I listened to the Black Star at CanJam and have the Bonneville. I thought the bass was far far less on the BlackStar, at least to my ears.

Apr 4, 2024 at 4:59 PM Post #981 of 1,152
Enjoying the Solaris Mercury more and more.

Sources seem less impacting on sound than I previously thought, that seemed to be a difference based on not getting volumes matched as closely as I thought I had. A bit of careful comparison indicates they do great straight out of my M11 Plus LTD although the 3.5mm is preferred to avoid a tiny bit of noise floor from the 4.4mm.

IMG_0377.jpeg

Apr 4, 2024 at 11:21 PM Post #982 of 1,152
This iem has stolen my heart and propelled itself to...just under my kids.

1000017607.jpg

Apr 5, 2024 at 12:12 AM Post #983 of 1,152

1000017607.jpg
With the Simon & Garfunkle!!! My favorite alternate take of theirs is the "Sound of Silence (Acoustic Version)" on Old Friends.
You should check out:
Space Oddity (2015 Remaster)
Fame (2016 Remaster)
Roundabout (2003 Remaster)
Starman (Top of the Pops Version)
Hotel California (Live on MTV)

If those knock your socks off, I'm 3K poorer.

Apr 5, 2024 at 1:34 AM Post #984 of 1,152
With the Simon & Garfunkle!!! My favorite alternate take of theirs is the "Sound of Silence (Acoustic Version)" on Old Friends.
You should check out:
Space Oddity (2015 Remaster)
Fame (2016 Remaster)
Roundabout (2003 Remaster)
Starman (Top of the Pops Version)
Hotel California (Live on MTV)

If those knock your socks off, I'm 3K poorer.
Yeah, I've listened to all of them!!!! And they do knock my socks off!

Found the ONE!

Apr 5, 2024 at 1:54 AM Post #985 of 1,152
Yeah, I've listened to all of them!!!! And they do knock my socks off!

Found the ONE!
DAMNIT! I'll be up at CFA in 7 weeks

Apr 5, 2024 at 9:02 AM Post #986 of 1,152

Same, except in my case it's cats not kids :D

C29EBC46-5266-4DA7-9C8B-AC302D210DD5.jpeg

I've sold everything else-- it's just me and the Trifecta for the time being.

Apr 5, 2024 at 1:16 PM Post #988 of 1,152
Wow, congratulations…. I long for this simplicity but still haven’t found “the one”. Fun process though.

Apr 5, 2024 at 1:33 PM Post #989 of 1,152
Same, except in my case it's cats not kids :D

C29EBC46-5266-4DA7-9C8B-AC302D210DD5.jpeg

Why listen to the rest when you can listen to the best😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back