Here’s a nice review of the Dorado!
http://passionforsound.lachlanfennen.com/campfire-audio-dorado-iem/

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #4,683 of 5,394
Jan 26, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #4,684 of 5,394
Last edited:
Jan 26, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #4,685 of 5,394
Hi, the lyra II or vega are hard to drive or 1.5-2v(for example)output is good?
thank you

Jan 26, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #4,686 of 5,394
Jan 27, 2018 at 7:12 AM Post #4,688 of 5,394
I loved reading your review of the Andromeda, which I finally got to really listen to today. Would love to see a review of Vega showcasing your thoughts on that as well.

Message for you @Loquah - passionforsound reviewer.

Excellent review as always. Unfortunately the Vega is unavailable for the tour. Will be returning them very soon. Just waiting for the other units to finish in New Zealand.

Jan 30, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #4,689 of 5,394
I need some help to decide on the tips I need to buy for my Vega. I read through the thread and saw various posts about Spiral dots, RHA dual density, Sony triple comfort and Symbio tips but didnt see a winner. Anyone care to chime in?

Jan 30, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #4,690 of 5,394
I need some help to decide on the tips I need to buy for my Vega. I read through the thread and saw various posts about Spiral dots, RHA dual density, Sony triple comfort and Symbio tips but didnt see a winner. Anyone care to chime in?

For starters, best tips are the one that give a good seal in your ear. Depending on your ears, that can eliminate a lot of tips. Then you'll have to weigh the relative importance of comfort vs. impact on sound for the tips that do fit well for you.

Personally, I am a fan of the Symbio, though Campfire foamies and Comply foamies also work well. But a lot of other options were eliminated due to not getting a good seal. One of my ears in particular is a bit tricky for getting a seal, so some sort of foam that can expand to fill the space a bit seems necessary for me.

Ultimately, keep trying until you find ones that you are happy with. From my experience, I'd start with Symbios, but they aren't the cheapest and can take a while to arrive.

Jan 30, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #4,691 of 5,394
For starters, best tips are the one that give a good seal in your ear. Depending on your ears, that can eliminate a lot of tips. Then you'll have to weigh the relative importance of comfort vs. impact on sound for the tips that do fit well for you.

Personally, I am a fan of the Symbio, though Campfire foamies and Comply foamies also work well. But a lot of other options were eliminated due to not getting a good seal. One of my ears in particular is a bit tricky for getting a seal, so some sort of foam that can expand to fill the space a bit seems necessary for me.

Ultimately, keep trying until you find ones that you are happy with. From my experience, I'd start with Symbios, but they aren't the cheapest and can take a while to arrive.

+1

I couldn't use the foam tips that came with my Lyra II: too thick so they hurt my ears. I next tried the RHO small. Much more comfortable, but tricky for me to get a good seal. I next tried the Spiral Dots wide-medium. A little more open sounding, but almost as uncomfortable as the foam tips. So for now, the RHO smalls win. I may try RHO mediums and Spiral Dot wide small next. I just hate to risk spending as much on tips as I did on the IEMs. :beyersmile:

Jan 30, 2018 at 10:32 PM Post #4,692 of 5,394
+1

I couldn't use the foam tips that came with my Lyra II: too thick so they hurt my ears. I next tried the RHO small. Much more comfortable, but tricky for me to get a good seal. I next tried the Spiral Dots wide-medium. A little more open sounding, but almost as uncomfortable as the foam tips. So for now, the RHO smalls win. I may try RHO mediums and Spiral Dot wide small next. I just hate to risk spending as much on tips as I did on the IEMs. :beyersmile:
KZ Starlines. Cheap from AliExpress

Jan 30, 2018 at 10:36 PM Post #4,693 of 5,394
I recently got a futuresonics MG5hx custom mold IEM to complement my Vega. I was a bit disappointed in how congested, rolled off, and dark the mg5hx sounds compared to the vega. What I noticed is that the bore opening on the CIEM is absolutely tiny compared to that big grille on the Vega. I wonder how much the size of that bore opening effects the soundtage of an IEM.

Anyhow, now wishing for something that sounded like the Vega in an CIEM. In the meantime the Vega with comply foam is still the best sounding IEM I've heard.

Jan 31, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #4,694 of 5,394
For me, personally, I like the RHA Dual Density (but need to vent them using 1mm cotton thread). This month has been having me feel really sleep a lot of the time, and I noticed that my Vega weren't so comfortable to wear while napping. I eventually connected that it was the firmness of the RHA tips. So, if I'm feeling more tired and plan on napping a lot, I use the flimsy stock rubber tips. If I'm more energized, and want better SQ, I go for the RHA.

Symbios are fantastic, but put too much pressure on my ear canals and make them sore after an hour or so.
I'm allergic to latex, so foam tips are out of the question. It takes a few days to recover from using them. This is a bummer, because I really like the SQ provided from the stock foamies.
I've got SpinFits that came with Vega, but haven't used them yet, so no real opinion.

Feb 1, 2018 at 2:46 AM Post #4,695 of 5,394
For me, personally, I like the RHA Dual Density (but need to vent them using 1mm cotton thread). This month has been having me feel really sleep a lot of the time, and I noticed that my Vega weren't so comfortable to wear while napping. I eventually connected that it was the firmness of the RHA tips. So, if I'm feeling more tired and plan on napping a lot, I use the flimsy stock rubber tips. If I'm more energized, and want better SQ, I go for the RHA.

Symbios are fantastic, but put too much pressure on my ear canals and make them sore after an hour or so.
I'm allergic to latex, so foam tips are out of the question. It takes a few days to recover from using them. This is a bummer, because I really like the SQ provided from the stock foamies.
I've got SpinFits that came with Vega, but haven't used them yet, so no real opinion.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but arentt comply supposed to be latex free?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back