Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Oct 14, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #4,277 of 5,394
How much of a difference does the long nozzle of the Dorado make? I have been very curious about their sound but I don't really have a way to audition them.
Here's a great review of Dorado:
https://audioprimate.blog/2017/07/1...is-a-triple-driver-hybrid-with-added-sparkle/

Near the end, at the comparisons, there's a photo of Dorado alongside Vega. Since I often wear my Vega to bed, pulling them out just before going to sleep, the nozzle on the Dorado just didn't feel like it would lend to that. As it is, back when I was using RHA t20, I would often fall asleep with them in and my music loud (almost always Tales of Us, by Goldfrapp). I'd awaken in the middle of the night to a great song, fall asleep for awhile, then wake up to hear another. That doesn't happen so much with Vega, as it's ever so slightly less comfortable while laying on my side. Worth it though.

When I auditioned Dorado, I never even got to the sound. Pushing the nozzle in my ear caused the stock black rubber tips to push all the way down the nozzle. I think that for more conventional wearers, it wouldn't be an issue.

Oct 17, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #4,278 of 5,394
Just got my Vega. I love how small these are, the comfort for me over the Andromeda is night and day.

I much prefer the sound of these out of the lightning to 3.5mm dongle on my iPhone over my Mojo. Am I weird? Lol.
I had the same impression with the Mojo and Vega. It sounded lifeless and flat. The Vegas sounded better with anything other than the Mojo. I then added the US Buffer Jack and it solved the problem. Maybe something like the iEMatch will work even better.

Oct 22, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #4,279 of 5,394
A while back I saw a few people say the Dita Truth cable was a fantastic pairing with the Vega. I assume they meant the original SPC version of that cable, but has anyone tried the copper Truth cable? Curious to see how that would pair since there are a few posts here and there that say the treble gets a little "energetic" at times and copper may alleviate that. If no one has tried it, well, I guess I will have to be the guinea pig :)

Otherwise I've really, really been enjoying my Vega with my custom-made Triton8 hybrid cable (or anything else I plug into it lately). Looking for something a bit more compact now to use with my LG V30, which really loves driving this Vega.

-Collin-

Oct 22, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #4,280 of 5,394
A while back I saw a few people say the Dita Truth cable was a fantastic pairing with the Vega. I assume they meant the original SPC version of that cable, but has anyone tried the copper Truth cable? Curious to see how that would pair since there are a few posts here and there that say the treble gets a little "energetic" at times and copper may alleviate that. If no one has tried it, well, I guess I will have to be the guinea pig :)

Otherwise I've really, really been enjoying my Vega with my custom-made Triton8 hybrid cable (or anything else I plug into it lately). Looking for something a bit more compact now to use with my LG V30, which really loves driving this Vega.

-Collin-
Wow that cable is a pretty penny, way too much IMO for a cable. I'm happy with my cheap quality cables from VE :D

Oct 22, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #4,282 of 5,394
Hey hey, I've paid way more for snake oil :)
Maybe when we finally actually meet up I can test your cable(s) on my Lyra's

Oct 22, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #4,283 of 5,394

-Collin-
I highly recommend the DHC Symbiote V3 :L3000: improves clarity and details while keeping the signature smooth, and balances things out a bit more. Plus no microphonics, no tangles and it just looks awesome.

Oct 23, 2017 at 5:39 AM Post #4,284 of 5,394
Oct 23, 2017 at 12:37 PM Post #4,285 of 5,394
I highly recommend the DHC Symbiote V3 :L3000: improves clarity and details while keeping the signature smooth, and balances things out a bit more. Plus no microphonics, no tangles and it just looks awesome.

I would love to go with that cable, but last I checked it was like 3-4 months to have one made? Unless I find a way to hibernate like a bear in the winter, there is no way on earth I could last that long lol

-Collin-

Oct 23, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #4,286 of 5,394
I would love to go with that cable, but last I checked it was like 3-4 months to have one made? Unless I find a way to hibernate like a bear in the winter, there is no way on earth I could last that long lol

-Collin-
I'd feel exactly the same lol, I was lucky enough to pick one up from the classifieds here :ksc75smile:

Oct 28, 2017 at 10:12 PM Post #4,289 of 5,394

-Collin-

Not a good pairing. The truth SPC is a cable with some brightness but yet it somehow pairs up such that the peak in the vega goes away. It also makes the vega immensely spacious. It also controls the bass immensely while retaining the slam and presence.

With the copper truth, it becomes a little too thick and forward.

Oct 28, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #4,290 of 5,394
I reviewed both the Dita cables and still have them at hand.
Maybe there is a Vega reference in there, but I cant recall (goes to check).

*just checked. In my review I enjoyed the silver with the Vega but not the Copper.

But maybe will have to have a reliaten after WCDchee comments and update myself.

I use mainly the ALO Audio balanced Litz for the Vegas.
(Single ended is fine too).

Its my preferred cable for the Vega out of the Tinsel/_Litz/ Reference 8 Alo Audio Cables for the Vega.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back