Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Oct 31, 2017 at 3:59 AM Post #4,291 of 5,394
Ok the silicone tips are driving me batty. Which comply’s are the go-to tips for Vega? Them vs campfire foam tips?

Thanks for making me not hound it down.

Oct 31, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #4,293 of 5,394
I use medium Comply T400's. They are by far the most comfortable tip I've tried (stock foam, spiral dots, spinfits, and stock silicon being the others). To my ears, the comply tips also lessen the v-shape of the vega to a degree and make them slightly more neutral, taming the upper bass and the treble. There's is still a lot of subbass with the comply though. Silicon tips on the vega make them very bright and treble-y, accentuing the treble and reducing the bass including sub-bass.

Oct 31, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #4,294 of 5,394
I agree with all of this. I use the comply “comfort” 400.

I use medium Comply T400's. They are by far the most comfortable tip I've tried (stock foam, spiral dots, spinfits, and stock silicon being the others). To my ears, the comply tips also lessen the v-shape of the vega to a degree and make them slightly more neutral, taming the upper bass and the treble. There's is still a lot of subbass with the comply though. Silicon tips on the vega make them very bright and treble-y, accentuing the treble and reducing the bass including sub-bass.

Nov 1, 2017 at 2:51 AM Post #4,297 of 5,394
So, I've got a few friends whom I've convinced to purchase Lyra II. I've not spent more than 30 seconds listening to them, but have been curious to experience the sound signature. Today, I swapped my Vega with a friend's Lyra II for a week. She bought them in Sept, and I don't think she actually burned them in. So, kinda factoring that into how the sound signature comes across. The bass is nice. Overall, they feel brighter than Vega, and the treble strikes me as being a bit harsh in a way that Vega's clarity seems to mitigate for me. The mids are so much fun. I'm hearing sounds in tracks that I didn't realize were as strong as they are. Am going to burn them in, over the course of the week, and continue to play around with this sonic experience. I could definitely see myself having Lyra II as a backup pair, or as something I'd save up for and give to my special someone. They're quite lovely.

Nov 1, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #4,298 of 5,394
What about the silicone tips are driving you batty? I'm just curious.
I can’t get a stable fit with them. They tend to slip ouout or go too deep and create a suction seal that naturally displaces the driver from its resting position which robs it of proper travel. The result is it absolutely robs the brilliance of Vega to the point that I threw in my iPhone buds and they sounded better :frowning2:

It was especially bad when doing anything physical as sweat and heat only help to lower coefficient of static friction and aggravate the problem. Foam tips just stay put and sealed a lot better for me which makes Vega shine for me anyways.

Nov 1, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #4,299 of 5,394
I can’t get a stable fit with them. They tend to slip ouout or go too deep and create a suction seal that naturally displaces the driver from its resting position which robs it of proper travel. The result is it absolutely robs the brilliance of Vega to the point that I threw in my iPhone buds and they sounded better :frowning2:

It was especially bad when doing anything physical as sweat and heat only help to lower coefficient of static friction and aggravate the problem. Foam tips just stay put and sealed a lot better for me which makes Vega shine for me anyways.
I know what you mean. I started venting my silicone tips, in order to solve the suction problem. Slippage is definitely an issue. So, I swap out my tips every couple of days. Still... slippage is an issue.

You are so right about foam tips. I wish I could wear them, were it not for my issues with latex and my ear canals getting inflamed. :frowning2:

Nov 1, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #4,300 of 5,394
Nov 1, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #4,301 of 5,394
Anybody know how the comply's compare in sizing to the Campfire Audio foamies? Is the medium T400 close in size to the medium CA foamie?

Nov 1, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #4,302 of 5,394
Yes they are similar however size matters less with the comply since they are so much more soft and pliable. For instance I have to use a small campfire foam tip for my left ear (medium in the right) but am fine with medium comply t400's in both ears.

Nov 2, 2017 at 1:15 AM Post #4,303 of 5,394
A CFA x LH labs collab - Asteria, same combo as Dorado but with different tuning.
asteria-main-2.jpg

https://www.phileweb.com/review/article/201711/02/2784.html

Nov 2, 2017 at 2:09 AM Post #4,304 of 5,394
Nov 2, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #4,305 of 5,394
I'm sure it's going to be yet another great offering from CA. I'm really keen on hearing their over-the-ear headphones, once they actually release them. Since Ken is so particular about his tunings, I'm sure they'll be a fun experience regardless of how they're tuned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back