Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Nov 7, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #4,323 of 5,394
It takes them a while to answer emails sometimes. Calling them is your best bet.

Nov 7, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #4,324 of 5,394
Their support isn’t the best, at least with my experience. Last time I contacted them about a issue, they just beated around the bush.

Nov 7, 2017 at 8:52 PM Post #4,325 of 5,394
Their support isn’t the best, at least with my experience. Last time I contacted them about a issue, they just beated around the bush.
I appear to have had the opposite experience. After 2 mths, my Vega (L) got some internal damage, which caused the driver to loosen from its housing (or something to that matter). Whether is was covered under warranty or not was questionable. I shipped it to CA. They repaired it and sent it back immediately. I was w/o my Vega for 7 days total. I was very impressed.

A few months later, I noticed that the memory wire on my left hook had snapped. Support told me I could carefully remove it, or I could send the cable back for replacement. JD sent me a new Litz and I returned the other one immediately. If the wire breaks again, I'll just have it removed, as I see no need in taxing their resources for such a triviality. All the way around, I'm very please to own a CA product and have several friends who've purchased as well.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2017 at 10:56 PM Post #4,327 of 5,394
I appear to have had the opposite experience. After 2 mths, my Vega (L) got some internal damage, which caused the driver to loosen from its housing (or something to that matter). Whether is was covered under warranty or not was questionable. I shipped it to CA. They repaired it and sent it back immediately. I was w/o my Vega for 7 days total. I was very impressed.

A few months later, I noticed that the memory wire on my left hook had snapped. Support told me I could carefully remove it, or I could send the cable back for replacement. JD sent me a new Litz and I returned the other one immediately. If the wire breaks again, I'll just have it removed, as I see no need in taxing their resources for such a triviality. All the way around, I'm very please to own a CA product and have several friends who've purchased as well.

My memory wire will never break since I can't stand the damn memory wire so the cable gets no use. Wish they made a version with no wire. I should sell mine to somebody lol

Nov 8, 2017 at 12:46 AM Post #4,328 of 5,394
My memory wire will never break since I can't stand the damn memory wire so the cable gets no use. Wish they made a version with no wire. I should sell mine to somebody lol

You can find mmcx cables on Aliexpress that are "custom" with or without the memory wire from $20 to $200 USD. I picked a 2.5mm balanced cable up through there for about $40. I tried it once with my Fiio X7 ii, and didn't feel like it added anything special to the Vega's presentation, so I swapped back to the cable I normally use, the Shure mmcx cable (no remote). I prefer a black cable to the clear Litz cable that came with the Vega for purely aesthetic reasons. I feel that the black cable attracts a bit less attention when I'm walking around NYC or riding the subway wearing $1300 iems... LOL

Nov 8, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #4,329 of 5,394
You can find mmcx cables on Aliexpress that are "custom" with or without the memory wire from $20 to $200 USD. I picked a 2.5mm balanced cable up through there for about $40. I tried it once with my Fiio X7 ii, and didn't feel like it added anything special to the Vega's presentation, so I swapped back to the cable I normally use, the Shure mmcx cable (no remote). I prefer a black cable to the clear Litz cable that came with the Vega for purely aesthetic reasons. I feel that the black cable attracts a bit less attention when I'm walking around NYC or riding the subway wearing $1300 iems... LOL
Look at my sig. I have a Triton8 Hybrid Cable lol. All my other cables are from Venture Electronics. I've had one cable from AE, 4 core SPC and it's already turning green near the ear hooks.

I was saying I wish CA themselves made a Litz No Wire wire version

Nov 8, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #4,330 of 5,394
What DAP's are you guys using with the Campfire Vegas? I've just purchased the Vegas and have a Mojo on order to use with my iPhone 8, but am also considering a separate DAP. Apple keep breaking compatibility with the Mojo.

A couple of DAP's I've considered are the Sony NW-WM1A B, A&K 240 and OPUS#2.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017 at 3:08 PM Post #4,331 of 5,394
What DAP's are you guys using with the Campfire Vegas? I've just purchased the Vegas and have a Mojo on order to use with my iPhone 8, but am also considering a separate DAP. Apple keep breaking compatibility with the Mojo.

Don't forget to check out theBit Opus, they have a #1, #2, #3. #1 then #3 then #2 in order of price tier & performance

Nov 8, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #4,332 of 5,394

I have the OPUS#1 Metal and OPUS#2.

My first choice to use with my Vegas is the OPUS#2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back