Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Oct 13, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #4,261 of 5,394
Just got my Vega. I love how small these are, the comfort for me over the Andromeda is night and day.

I much prefer the sound of these out of the lightning to 3.5mm dongle on my iPhone over my Mojo. Am I weird? Lol.
You like what you like lol. I sometimes use the dongle instead of the iPhone 6s+ jack because it sounds “crisper.”

Oct 13, 2017 at 7:08 PM Post #4,263 of 5,394
Same here. For some reason you need to let Mojo play a couple of songs before it makes the Vega sound like it should.

FYI, try a desktop headphone amp like the Asgard 2 and Mojo in DAC mode and prepare to be blown away by how Vega sounds on that setup

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #4,264 of 5,394
Same here. For some reason you need to let Mojo play a couple of songs before it makes the Vega sound like it should.

FYI, try a desktop headphone amp like the Asgard 2 and Mojo in DAC mode and prepare to be blown away by how Vega sounds on that setup
One of my clients lent me his Mojo for a few weeks, this past August. I ran it in DAC mode from my laptop. With Vega? Just... WOW.

Oct 14, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #4,265 of 5,394
Oct 14, 2017 at 8:18 AM Post #4,266 of 5,394
Oct 14, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #4,267 of 5,394
Fantastic write up. I am considering the Andro or the Vega as my xmas present to myself :floatsmile:
My worry with the Andro is the fit, and is it worth the extra outlay as the Lyra2 is pretty special to my ears.

The fit of the Andromeda was the sole reason I sold them. Too much discomfort on my left ear. :frowning2: The Vega are so small you can’t even tell you’re wearing them

Oct 14, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #4,270 of 5,394
I struggle to find a good candidate without firing 2k
I have SE846 right now with custom filter. It works well but not at Andro level.
Next to that I just received a pair of Cardas A8 30th anniversary. Very good surprise so far for the price I paid.
I am eying Hifiman RE800 even more since they abandoned fixed cable

If Campfire change the external design of Andro making them a bit smaller and cutting all edges I'll buy them in a heartbeat

Oct 14, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #4,271 of 5,394
I struggle to find a good candidate without firing 2k
I have SE846 right now with custom filter. It works well but not at Andro level.
Next to that I just received a pair of Cardas A8 30th anniversary. Very good surprise so far for the price I paid.
I am eying Hifiman RE800 even more since they abandoned fixed cable

If Campfire change the external design of Andro making them a bit smaller and cutting all edges I'll buy them in a heartbeat

I wouldn’t even think twice about that purchase. I was so sad to let mine go.

Oct 14, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #4,272 of 5,394
This is my dilemma you see. There is no way of trying the Andro first here in the UK so its a big gamble

Oct 14, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #4,275 of 5,394
Agreed. Form factor was one of the major reasons I traded my Andromeda for the Vega. The Vega is super comfortable and in my opinion sounds brilliant.
When I bought my Vega, it was a big deal for me. I saved up for months and decided that I was going to have the fullest shopping experience possible. So, I made an appointment and bussed down to Portland. (No point in driving when I can nap and listen to music the whole way.) I got to try every single model. I immediately ruled out Dorado, because of its long nozzle. I also quickly ruled out Andromeda, because I could not get a proper fit. It was much less forgivable than Vega when it comes to losing sound via vacuum seal. Granted, I had my mind set on Vega from the getgo. The form/fit issues of the other models just made it that much easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back