Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Nov 2, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #4,306 of 5,394
Hey there!
Ive been reading a lot of stuff regarding vega's treble, and that is really blocking me from buying it. As an owner of a K3003, which has a piercieng treble to my ears, I need some help to compare vega's treble against k3003(my no go treble trouble benchmark) :ksc75smile:

Regards!

Nov 2, 2017 at 11:09 PM Post #4,307 of 5,394
Hey there!
Ive been reading a lot of stuff regarding vega's treble, and that is really blocking me from buying it. As an owner of a K3003, which has a piercieng treble to my ears, I need some help to compare vega's treble against k3003(my no go treble trouble benchmark) :ksc75smile:

Regards!

I fnd the treble to be bright and clear, but not harsh. Am using Lyra II for a week, and I'm struggling with the harshness if the treble.

Nov 2, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #4,308 of 5,394
Well looks like I'm just not really a fan of the Vega's sound signature after all, they sound great but it's just not for me. I much prefer the signature of the Andromeda. If anyone is interested in picking up a like new pair PM me.

Nov 3, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #4,309 of 5,394
A CFA x LH labs collab - Asteria, same combo as Dorado but with different tuning.
asteria-main-2.jpg

https://www.phileweb.com/review/article/201711/02/2784.html
LH labs? Lots of haters on that brand due to their Kickstarter delays. Read the Wave threads. Not a brand I am willing to support. If only I could get a refund for the Wave I've been waiting years for...

Campaign began i in 2014 with 2015 shipping promised.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2017 at 8:53 AM Post #4,310 of 5,394
LH labs? Lots of haters on that brand due to their Kickstarter delays. Read the Wave threads. Not a brand I am willing to support. If only I could get a refund for the Wave I've been waiting years for...

Campaign began i in 2014 with 2015 shipping promised.

Thats really interesting, LH labs and Campfire.... LH Labs is not the most reputable company all around :/

Nov 3, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #4,311 of 5,394
I fnd the treble to be bright and clear, but not harsh. Am using Lyra II for a week, and I'm struggling with the harshness if the treble.
I need to compare to @SeeSax Vega sometime. My Lyra II with Spiral Dots and Triton8 Hybrid Cable out of the Opus#1 balanced, I sense no harshness at all.

Nov 3, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #4,312 of 5,394
I need to compare to @SeeSax Vega sometime. My Lyra II with Spiral Dots and Triton8 Hybrid Cable out of the Opus#1 balanced, I sense no harshness at all.
I'm just sensitive to treble. I'm still burning them in, but there are a few favorite tracks that I can't really listen to, because of the treble. Will see how that changes in a few days. Overall, they are really very nice, but the added warmth of Vega is exactly what my ears need. I've enjoyed getting to hear more full mids though.

Nov 3, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #4,314 of 5,394
So is it a case of if you are a tad sensitive to treble then the Lyra 2 May be more suitable?
I think I am sensitive to treble too

Nov 4, 2017 at 3:32 AM Post #4,315 of 5,394
I don't think the Vega treble is bad at all with comply tips. WIth silicones, yes it can be bright. It does need a bit of treble boost because of it's forward bass, otherwise it would sound too dark in my opinion, but it's about right with comply, nothing like an unmodded HD800.

Nov 4, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #4,316 of 5,394
Being 4 days into burning in my friend's Lyra II, I love it for rock and stuff, but am not enjoying electronic music so much. Whereas I find the treble in Vega to be bright and crisp, there's something about the treble in Lyra that grates me.

EDIT: I mean I'm reeeeaaaalllly loving Lyra II for rock and stuffs. It's got a great fullness to the sound and vocals sound super lush.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back