Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Nov 17, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #1,156 of 5,394
I am interested in the Andro, but I have the S-EM9 and soon Prophile 8 that have comparable positioning as the Andromeda, i.e. balanced sounding BA. So I am more interested in the Vega.

Did you finally get rid of the Hum Pristine?  That is one iem that I wanted to audition.  Also, the Andro is very different from the other BA, just different.

Nov 17, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #1,157 of 5,394
Did you finally get rid of the Hum Pristine?  That is one iem that I wanted to audition.  Also, the Andro is very different from the other BA, just different.
I will buy the Andro if I ever get a good deal.

The Pristine, the version I tried (there have been revisions apparently) sounds very dry and brittle in the mids. Otherwise great.

Nov 17, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #1,158 of 5,394
I will buy the Andro if I ever get a good deal.

The Pristine, the version I tried (there have been revisions apparently) sounds very dry and brittle in the mids. Otherwise great.

The Andromeda should have the name pristine on it.  They sometimes cause you to tremble or quiver and that is no joke.

Nov 17, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #1,160 of 5,394
Lyra II review up tonight or tomorrow (Tokyo time) . Last listening check today.

9ec44cfde83072feefdb16d51401121b.jpg

Nov 17, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #1,161 of 5,394
Nov 17, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #1,163 of 5,394
What cable is this? Looks like a crystal cable.

Yep, this is the beautiful sparkling crystal cable.  It seems to open up the sound a little bit and tighten up the bass even more compare to the stock cable. The stock cable is very good also.

Nov 17, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #1,164 of 5,394
Here is another pic.  

Nov 17, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #1,167 of 5,394
Interesting but where did you buy it? Not many people work with the Crystal cable.

That is true. Not too many people work with the Crystal cable. Years ago Peter from DHC sourced some Crystal Piccolino cable for me but even him did not want to make iem cable for me at the time. I ended up with some raw Piccolino cable, then I was at Kimber Kable and they used the material that I have and made some cables for me. So I still have some materials to make some nice cable. But crystal cable is different. I was in HK couple of months ago and some stores carry them. They are the ones made for AK and they come in MMCX connector.

Nov 17, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #1,168 of 5,394
That is true. Not too many people work with the Crystal cable. Years ago Peter from DHC sourced some Crystal Piccolino cable for me but even him did not want to make iem cable for me at the time. I ended up with some raw Piccolino cable, then I was at Kimber Kable and they used the material that I have and made some cables for me. So I still have some materials to make some nice cable. But crystal cable is different. I was in HK couple of months ago and some stores carry them. They are the ones made for AK and they come in MMCX connector.
Many shops in HK sells them and are on sale.

Nov 18, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #1,169 of 5,394
Does anyone know whether Spinfit CP100 fits this IEM?  How can I know which tips will fit generally?

First non-custom IEM for me ever, after Elacin then Ultimate Ears UE10Pro then ACS T1 customs.  I'm finding them very comfortable.

Nov 18, 2016 at 7:26 AM Post #1,170 of 5,394
Does anyone know whether Spinfit CP100 fits this IEM?  How can I know which tips will fit generally?

First non-custom IEM for me ever, after Elacin then Ultimate Ears UE10Pro then ACS T1 customs.  I'm finding them very comfortable.

If CP-100 are the smaller bore size of their two versions, then I can confirm they fit. Spinfit cores are pretty elastic anyway so they normally fit on most gear with enough work! :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back