Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Nov 4, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #871 of 5,394
hmm I have to disagree.

You only tried the Vega in store, and a while ago. We dont know how many hours the unit had on them. What source did you use? An awfully lot of tip swapping seems to have gone on.

You blew up the iBasso IT03 thread by loudly proclaiming it to a TOTL. Then you later cooled off on it.

And now after a short listen which grows more distant by the day you are also now cooling on the Vega.

Next you are imagining that the Dream will be in your top three without even hearing it (I have).

I sense a pattern emerging...

I find the Vega to be getting better and better (I have about 110 hours on mine so far).

And If you'll forgive me. Frankly I also find over 6000 posts in 10 months or so to undermine your credibility somewhat.

But you gave them a listen and are sharing your opinion, which everyone has etc etc

Take his posts with a grain of salt. I warned about him a couple weeks ago in here. He was removed from another huge thread for his outlandish remarks. About of month ago his Sirius A91 was his TOTL that everybody needed, now it's no where on his list.

Nov 4, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #872 of 5,394
Nov 4, 2016 at 8:54 PM Post #873 of 5,394
agreed with you but my perception of it changed after trying out a designated rig for the kaede/sakura+. it is not for pop music definitely. vega has a more musical aspect but it dont have a particular aspect that stand out. for the kaede/sakura+, the soundstage is easily the best i have heard.
you can read his review
http://jyrab.blogspot.sg/2016/05/the-red-cherry-blossom-ocharaku.html
So its not good for pop music, not Electronic, Rock, Trance, Metal nor Indie and Bass music ?Good for winen on a piano and Classical cover orchestra?

Nov 4, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #874 of 5,394
hmm I have to disagree.

You only tried the Vega in store, and a while ago. We dont know how many hours the unit had on them. What source did you use? An awfully lot of tip swapping seems to have gone on.

You blew up the iBasso IT03 thread by loudly proclaiming it to a TOTL. Then you later cooled off on it.

And now after a short listen which grows more distant by the day you are also now cooling on the Vega.

Next you are imagining that the Dream will be in your top three without even hearing it (I have).

I sense a pattern emerging...

I find the Vega to be getting better and better (I have about 110 hours on mine so far).

And If you'll forgive me. Frankly I also find over 6000 posts in 10 months or so to undermine your credibility somewhat.

But you gave them a listen and are sharing your opinion, which everyone has etc etc

Very well put IMO and perfectly matches my thoughts/feelings. Some people like to shout loud and often just because they like being heard and/or hearing their own voice (or posts in this case). I'd ask all of you considering the Vega to give it a listen and decide for yourself, and read the many, many posts by those of use who actually have this great IEM. Cheers

Nov 5, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #875 of 5,394
When comparing the andromeda vs vega, in my opinion, i feel andromeda is superior. Bass of vega is hitting too hard for me. Vega is good but for the price, I expect an equivalent performance, which at the price range, there are better options. How many hours must Vega clocked though for it to sound good?

Nov 5, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #876 of 5,394
Ken has said that the Vega, Dorado, and Lyra II should burn-in for about 72 hours to get to its final sound. That doesn't mean it takes 72 hours for them to sound good, they sound very good at minute 1 and get better from there.

I agree that the Vegas are VERY bassy right out of the box. They do not sound like bass cannons to me now. The Andromedas do have very good bass impact and texture for a BA IEM, but it's a different experience with a DD.

Regardless, I think three hours at a shop is not sufficient time to come to any definitive conclusions about a piece of gear. It may be enough for you to decide it's not for you, but don't expect people to take your word as gospel as to how it performs over long term conditions or against other IEMs.

Nov 5, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #877 of 5,394
If you need to EQ something, esp something TOTL then it's not good for you. My opinion. If I need to EQ something I know I don't like it

A colleague owns a pair of Andromedas with the ak240s. He stopped using the EQ with this setup. Your opinion is right.

Nov 5, 2016 at 4:39 AM Post #878 of 5,394
Be it TOTL or not , to eq or not to Eq , I say most of us are constantly in search of better and a better listening experiences with the gears at hand , constantly in search of things , various methods to try and improving our listening experience with stuff that is in our disposal , Tips , cables , Connectors , apps player etc .. that goes the same for equalizer as well .

My 2 cents worth are , so long , as long as it can make that little bit of difference , gradually improve or enhanced your personal listening experience , why not ? Why the need to follow others footsteps , what they're doing with their own their personal preferred music ? , their listening habit , their preferred method of doing their music might not suit our ears at all , even though we share the same gear , the results vary.

We do our music to our ears . To me , Equalizer is something very useful to have .
It could make that bit of difference in all across my various genres types of Music and movies , to further enhance my overall listening experience with my iem .

Nov 5, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #879 of 5,394
Be it TOTL or not , to eq or not to Eq , I say most of us are constantly in search of better and a better listening experiences with the gears at hand , constantly in search of things , various methods to try and improving our listening experience with stuff that is in our disposal , Tips , cables , Connectors , apps player etc .. that goes the same for equalizer as well .

My 2 cents worth are , so long , as long as it can make that little bit of difference , gradually improve or enhanced your personal listening experience , why not ? Why the need to follow others footsteps , what they're doing with their own their personal preferred music ? , their listening habit , their preferred method of doing their music might not suit our ears at all , even though we share the same gear , the results vary.

We do our music to our ears . To me , Equalizer is something very useful to have .
It could make that bit of difference in all across my various genres types of Music and movies , to further enhance my overall listening experience with my iem .

Well said!

Nov 5, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #880 of 5,394
Just got my Lyra II's in the mail, and I've noticed there's a fair lack of impressions on the lower end models for this line up, I'll be posting impressions of the Lyra II in days to come! Also some small comparisons to my daily IEM's the Dita's, just in case people are interested. 

First impressions are strong though, the bass hits hard and the mids are lush and articulate, and highs extend reasonably well, no obvious peaks. Soundstage is fairly open but nothing mind blowing, especially if you've tried the Andromeda, but there's a wonderful sense of place I'm getting from the Lyra's, it reminds me of a HD650/Audeze SINE in it's separation and soundstaging. 

The only thing is that these IEM's are very tip dependent, and getting the right fit is a bit tricky, I'm swapping between the black foams and spinfits and ortofon silicone tips, trying to find the best fit/sound for me.

Nov 5, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #881 of 5,394
Just got my Lyra II's in the mail, and I've noticed there's a fair lack of impressions on the lower end models for this line up, I'll be posting impressions of the Lyra II in days to come! Also some small comparisons to my daily IEM's the Dita's, just in case people are interested. 

First impressions are strong though, the bass hits hard and the mids are lush and articulate, and highs extend reasonably well, no obvious peaks. Soundstage is fairly open but nothing mind blowing, especially if you've tried the Andromeda, but there's a wonderful sense of place I'm getting from the Lyra's, it reminds me of a HD650/Audeze SINE in it's separation and soundstaging. 

The only thing is that these IEM's are very tip dependent, and getting the right fit is a bit tricky, I'm swapping between the black foams and spinfits and ortofon silicone tips, trying to find the best fit/sound for me.

I have owned the original Lyra for quite some time now and find that I get the best sound from wide-bore silicon tips with very shallow insertion that just covers the opening of my ear canal. While I am not a huge believer in "burn-in", the Lyra proved to be an exception as it has taken about a hundred hours to reach what I assume is the designed SQ.

Nov 5, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #882 of 5,394

.. It should also be noted when giving an impression or review of an IEM if you used EQ.

Nov 5, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #883 of 5,394
.. It should also be noted when giving an impression or review of an IEM if you used EQ.

like the ak 3+1 for example. my thought is that if one has to EQ to make the iem sounds good, the iem is badly tuned

Nov 5, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #884 of 5,394
like the ak 3+1 for example. my thought is that if one has to EQ to make the iem sounds good, the iem is badly tuned

Maybe but not necessarily. They might be tuned perfectly for other people but need a slight bit of EQ tweaking to sound "just right" for you :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back