Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Nov 5, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #886 of 5,394
like the ak 3+1 for example. my thought is that if one has to EQ to make the iem sounds good, the iem is badly tuned

Yes that one... Also yes and no. Sure if it sounds bad to many but EQ can help it to sound good that's one thing but if it sounds good to many but one person needs to EQ to their preference then that doesn't make it bad. With so many different IEMs with different sound sigs out there I just don't see why you would need to settle for one an EQ when you could find your preferred tuning in a stock pair.

Getting off topic though, back to the CA talk. Anymore Lyra II impressions?

Nov 5, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #887 of 5,394
Yes that one... Also yes and no. Sure if it sounds bad to many but EQ can help it to sound good that's one thing but if it sounds good to many but one person needs to EQ to their preference then that doesn't make it bad. With so many different IEMs with different sound sigs out there I just don't see why you would need to settle for one an EQ when you could find your preferred tuning in a stock pair.

Getting off topic though, back to the CA talk. Anymore Lyra II impressions?

the lyra 2 has a good bass. mid bass slam is not hard at all. the extra warmth adds a good tonality to the overall sound. I myself prefer the Lyra 2 to the Vega in terms of vocals. Lyra 2 is appropriately priced.

Nov 5, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #888 of 5,394
If one has to EQ an iem then the iem was tuned badly? Come on. Thats like saying if one has to use silicon tips instead of foam tips thn the iem was tuned badly. Or If one needs to change the stock cable then the iem was tuned badly.

Nov 5, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #889 of 5,394
  Just got my Lyra II's in the mail, and I've noticed there's a fair lack of impressions on the lower end models for this line up, I'll be posting impressions of the Lyra II in days to come! Also some small comparisons to my daily IEM's the Dita's, just in case people are interested. 

First impressions are strong though, the bass hits hard and the mids are lush and articulate, and highs extend reasonably well, no obvious peaks. Soundstage is fairly open but nothing mind blowing, especially if you've tried the Andromeda, but there's a wonderful sense of place I'm getting from the Lyra's, it reminds me of a HD650/Audeze SINE in it's separation and soundstaging. 

The only thing is that these IEM's are very tip dependent, and getting the right fit is a bit tricky, I'm swapping between the black foams and spinfits and ortofon silicone tips, trying to find the best fit/sound for me.

Lyra II  - best bang for the buck. IMO, Lyra II is being overlooked I think :wink:

Regarding the small controversy over the Vega, I have said all along that this "sport" is going to user dependent and there will be no universally accepted anything, if its top of the line for you then it is, if its not, then its not, just dont ruin it for others. The Vega does it for me, sometimes the Andromeda does it for me. I'm super happy to have some really good IEMs to enhance my daily life.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Nov 5, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #890 of 5,394

Lyra II  - best bang for the buck. IMO, Lyra II is being overlooked I think :wink:

Regarding the small controversy over the Vega, I have said all along that this "sport" is going to user dependent and there will be no universally accepted anything, if its top of the line for you then it is, if its not, then its not, just dont ruin it for others. The Vega does it for me, sometimes the Andromeda does it for me. I'm super happy to have some really good IEMs to enhance my daily life.

Ken

yes the Lyra 2 and Orion are being overlooked in the lineup. very good iems but not given the attention
tongue.gif

Nov 5, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #891 of 5,394
I have said all along that this "sport" is going to user dependent and there will be no universally accepted anything,

Ken

The lines above is very well said sir .
Even the most top dollar gears doesn't mean it will suit perfectly with everyone taste .

Nov 5, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #892 of 5,394
am i right to say vega is the first iem in the world with dlc driver?

Nov 5, 2016 at 2:14 PM Post #893 of 5,394
Nov 5, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #894 of 5,394
Believe so! Cheers

actually nope :p

The Solid Bass In-Ear Headphones, ATH-CKS1100iS, is here to satisfy the desires of bass-lovers. The ATH-CKS1100iS uses Dual Phase Push-Pull Driver, two facing 12.5mm drivers to deliver premium sound reproduction by reducing intermodulation distortion for amazing wide range audio reproduction, from rich bass to crystal-clear high frequency sounds. In front of the diaphragm, it adopted a DLC (diamond-like carbon) coating to improve the high-frequency characteristics have a high hardness close to diamond. With the Dual Airflow Bass Venting System, it provides precise control of diaphragm movement for high-resolution audio.

the diamond driver concept is not a new technology at all.

Nov 5, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #895 of 5,394
.. It should also be noted when giving an impression or review of an IEM if you used EQ.

Agreed completely.

If one has to EQ an iem then the iem was tuned badly? Come on. Thats like saying if one has to use silicon tips instead of foam tips thn the iem was tuned badly. Or If one needs to change the stock cable then the iem was tuned badly.

Agreed also.

audio123 Was it you that said your friend uses the ak240 with Andros and no eq?

I owned that ak240 as well and equed everything with that as well. Always need more bass bro!! :wink:

Now, counterpoint to eq. Why would even the engineers from AK (who makes some of the best daps) have eq as an option if it was so.bad? They even have a specific eq for one company, was it Beyer dynamic? An iem or headphone that they collaborated on. Does that mean Al believes their creation was not adequate?

Sorry, kind of beating a dead horse. I'll just never understand the hate for eq.

Nov 5, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #896 of 5,394
  A colleague owns a pair of Andromedas with the ak240s. He stopped using the EQ with this setup. Your opinion is right.

@warrior1975 this dude, not me
tongue.gif

btw can anyone explain the Tuned Acoustic Expansion Chamber™ (TAEC). I am curious on this technology if it is in a pipe structure.
Agreed completely.
Agreed also.

@audio123 Was it you that said your friend uses the ak240 with Andros and no eq?

I owned that ak240 as well and equed everything with that as well. Always need more bass bro!!
wink.gif

Now, counterpoint to eq. Why would even the engineers from AK (who makes some of the best daps) have eq as an option if it was so.bad? They even have a specific eq for one company, was it Beyer dynamic? An iem or headphone that they collaborated on. Does that mean Al believes their creation was not adequate?

Sorry, kind of beating a dead horse. I'll just never understand the hate for eq.

ak beyer t5p iirc

Nov 5, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #898 of 5,394
i am most curious how the vega diamond driver is different from cks1100is diamond driver

Nov 5, 2016 at 4:20 PM Post #899 of 5,394
Thanks bro, my bad.
beerchug.gif

@ehjie How can opinion be wrong or right? It's just an opinion bro. No wrong or right. We all hear things differently and enjoy different things.

Stop picking on us eq people!!!
wink.gif

@Warrior - your right as well.... don't get me wrong, sometimes i do EQ, and really I just wished i don't do it... settings are a pain, sometimes...
smily_headphones1.gif
. Happy listening guys, w/ or w/o EQ.... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back