Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Mar 23, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #3,286 of 5,394
  guys quick question:
of the andromedas or the vegas, which has the widest soundstage and best separation of instruments, please?
(I have the FLC 8S and i find the sound stage a bit compressed.)

I agree with cellarbro. I owned the 8S, Andromeda, and Vega. Although, not at the same time. From memory, I'd say the Vega is wider than the 8S but not as wide as the Andromeda. However, the staging is deeper and imaging and layering are more precise on the Vega. I like a wide soundstage and I was concerned that it would be an issue on Vega.

The MDR-7550 and Sirius are both are extremely wide (just how I like it) but it didn't bother me much when A/B'ing and switching back to the Vega during comparisons. The Vega excels at so many things that it's easy to forgive its more intimate soundstage. Just my two cents.

Mar 24, 2017 at 2:41 AM Post #3,293 of 5,394
Give me three words to describe the Vega's sound signature..

Get the Andromeda. 
wink.gif

Mar 24, 2017 at 4:15 AM Post #3,294 of 5,394
Mar 24, 2017 at 5:07 AM Post #3,296 of 5,394
  guys quick question:
of the andromedas or the vegas, which has the widest soundstage and best separation of instruments, please?
(I have the FLC 8S and i find the sound stage a bit compressed.)

Still haven't heard the Vega, but before getting the Andromeda I did a lot of reading and soundstage/sense of space/air was one of its strong points vs many other models, including the Vega. That's one of the factors why I got the Andromeda, but am still curious about the Vega.

Mar 24, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #3,299 of 5,394
My initial impressions video. As usual — strong accent warning

Thanks for making this video! For a second, I thought someone was reposting your videos because your name changed from "About Headphones" to "Porta_Fi." I'm a subscriber. Please keep up of the great work! 

Mar 24, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #3,300 of 5,394
Thanks, Cleg, for the informative video.

Ive got some Aurisonics 1-plus (used) arriving soon (to perhaps replace my FLC 8S) and some Sony Z1R cans (smoking deal, just to try something other than my senn 650s)...if Aurisonics dont do it ill check out the andromedas or vegas... going for a listen this weekend anyways.

Mojo or dragonfly red are my DACs ...good matches with the campfires?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back