Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV
Mar 22, 2017 at 4:54 AM Post #3,256 of 5,394
X5III and Vega is a match made in Heaven.

Received both now but only had a brief listening session last night. Underestimated how long 80GB of data take to copy on the player/SD card...

Couldn't do any comparisons or proper listening but one thing is present from the first second: A feeling of sinking into the music and just enjoying it on a different level to what I have heard until now. I am not super experienced at all so my ability to describe the sound on a technical level is minimal but the emotional impact where you simply dont want to put down the player and Vega was highly impressive!

Already can't wait to have proper time tonight.

Mar 22, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #3,260 of 5,394
Would the campfire vega's be ok for running? How is the isolation?

Isolation is pretty darn good but it's also tip dependent. Beyond walking, I would not recommend any form of exercise with such a pricey IEM. The build is quite good but I don't think it's designed to endure that level of activity.

Mar 22, 2017 at 6:11 PM Post #3,261 of 5,394
  Isolation is pretty darn good but it's also tip dependent. Beyond walking, I would not recommend any form of exercise with such a pricey IEM. The build is quite good but I don't think it's designed to endure that level of activity.

I've seen people golf with really expensive mechanical watches.  I guess if you have "**** you" money, what you worry?

Mar 22, 2017 at 6:18 PM Post #3,262 of 5,394
I've seen people golf with really expensive mechanical watches.  I guess if you have "**** you" money, what you worry?

Ya but that's golf, which in cardio terms is beneath walking.

But **** you money would be nice to have.

Mar 22, 2017 at 6:49 PM Post #3,263 of 5,394

Haha if money is no object then, by all means, work out in TOTLs. I'd also be willing to bet a super hi-end watch would fair better than a TOTL IEM in a lot of physical activities, including golf and running. 

Mar 22, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #3,265 of 5,394

The shock of hitting balls with a club is really bad for mechanical watches. 

I don't doubt that. All I know is I've lost a couple lesser IEMs to sweat and snagged cables. That being said, I wouldn't risk them unless TOTL is life haha.

Mar 22, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #3,267 of 5,394

The shock of hitting balls with a club is really bad for mechanical watches. 

Not if you hit the ball, and not the ground. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2017 at 9:57 PM Post #3,270 of 5,394
I am very close to buying the Lyra II off massdrop.

How comfortable is the cable from campfire audio.  I know it well made cable but is it heavy?  Is it light and flexible?  can it be worn with glasses?

TIA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back