Campfire Audio Trifecta
Dec 30, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #271 of 874
do u have an issue to contact them?, i did send them email and call them since a week but no email reply or answer phone call.

They're mostly out on break for the holidays through the remainder of 2022 and so their responses will be delayed. I got a response from them yesterday.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2022 at 9:18 PM Post #272 of 874
RS8 is my favorite DAP for Trifecta. Just finished listening to Jimmy Buffet. His music sounds just perfect with it. Reminds me of the old days going for drinks at Adam's rib in the San Fernando Valley listening to folk music and drinking beer all night.

Dec 31, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #273 of 874
Loving these so far after about 24hrs of burn in. No fatigue like I normally get with my Solaris after a few hours which is great, I could easily wear these all day.

Mids feel a little recessed hoping they come forward as I continue to burn in. It could also be my DAP, will have to upgrade from the Kann next year I think.

Jan 1, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #275 of 874
Jan 1, 2023 at 1:12 PM Post #276 of 874
What would you take if you could only buy one IEM as an all-rounder: Supermoon or Trifecta?
Trifecta

They are very different the speed of the SM planar is really cool, makes drums so snappy. But for bass and piano for example I like Trifecta better.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #277 of 874
Yeah, the bass on Trifecta has what I like to call real 'atmosphere', where you can completely feel/ experience the volume of the drums being struck. So nice.

Jan 1, 2023 at 1:18 PM Post #278 of 874
RS8 is my favorite DAP for Trifecta. Just finished listening to Jimmy Buffet. His music sounds just perfect with it. Reminds me of the old days going for drinks at Adam's rib in the San Fernando Valley listening to folk music and drinking beer all night.
I loved Adam's Rib!!!! Still have Hoggly Woggly's! But I think you win on location now.

Jan 1, 2023 at 1:21 PM Post #279 of 874
What would you take if you could only buy one IEM as an all-rounder: Supermoon or Trifecta?

Ultimately it depends on what you're after-- both planars and DDs have their own strengths. I will say though, that relative to their own character Trifecta is more fully realized and perfected product, relative to what it is and to what it sets out to do. Supermoon is great, and imho currently the benchmark for planar IEMs...but it's obvious that portable planar tech is still maturing and that we're not quite there yet in terms of a truly perfect planar IEM. I do love my Supermoon though and it served me well as a one and only for a few months this year...I can't fail to observe that.

Jan 1, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #280 of 874
Jan 6, 2023 at 11:12 AM Post #281 of 874
BAE

3008AC4F-6982-43A0-8C65-4191283C0E3E.JPEG

Shanling M6 U => CFA Trifecta + Sedna Crystals = beautiful pairup.

Jan 8, 2023 at 12:07 AM Post #282 of 874
Lately I'm just digging how good the Trifecta sounds out of a simple DAC/AMP like the L&P W2. With some due diligence in cable and tips, plus a source which complements the Trifecta's signature (something on the neutral/ clean/ yet still dynamic side), the payback is excellent resolution in combination with all that DD analogue brawniness. It's a first for me in hearing an IEM with such a combination of characteristics.

Jan 11, 2023 at 6:19 PM Post #283 of 874
Anyone having driver flex issues? I've been tip rolling a bunch to find the best fit for me, my normal go to Spinfit 240's sometimes lose sound completely out of the left side. Not sure if its my ear canal or if certain tips just flex real bad and cause the drivers to stop moving. These are the first buds I've ever had this issue with.

On the positive I love these things and hate putting them down.

Jan 11, 2023 at 6:24 PM Post #284 of 874
Anyone having driver flex issues? I've been tip rolling a bunch to find the best fit for me, my normal go to Spinfit 240's sometimes lose sound completely out of the left side. Not sure if its my ear canal or if certain tips just flex real bad and cause the drivers to stop moving. These are the first buds I've ever had this issue with.

On the positive I love these things and hate putting them down.

I get a touch of driver flex with the left earpiece sometimes but never to the point wher sound is impacted. On the bright side manufacturers since the dawn of time have been assuring us that driver flex will not damage the driver. And CFA's customer service is peerless which is pretty comforting.

Jan 11, 2023 at 7:45 PM Post #285 of 874
I get a touch of driver flex with the left earpiece sometimes but never to the point wher sound is impacted. On the bright side manufacturers since the dawn of time have been assuring us that driver flex will not damage the driver. And CFA's customer service is peerless which is pretty comforting.
Wasn't worried about the driver being hurt, just curious if it was just me. I am thankful that CFA has amazing customer service in case anything bad does happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back