Campfire Audio Trifecta
Dec 21, 2022 at 9:14 PM Post #151 of 876
My friend is holding on to my set and helping to burn it in. He is unequivocal about the improvements in sound over time (not brain burn in). The IEM is past 50 hours, but he did say that it’s (comparatively) lacking in resolution. Regardless, I’m eager to hear it and experiment with cable and source rolling

It is not a detail/resolution monster no-- but it's pretty damn good and what you miss out on is not beyond what should be expected with dynamic drivers, which simply cannot compete with e-stats, BAs, planars etc. when it comes to speed and resolution. On the other hand what the Trifecta bring to the table in lieu of top tier resolution is pretty substantial (for me) and of all the avenues I had at my disposal to chase summit fi sound the Trifecta represents the one that speaks most closely to my heart. As with all things, YMMV.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2022 at 9:14 PM Post #152 of 876
The Trifecta summed up in a simple meme:

iu

Dec 21, 2022 at 9:15 PM Post #153 of 876
That said the way this set delivers music is creating alternatively apposing and vocal detractors.

Cat people and dog people etc. This hobby occupies a vast space...there is plenty of room for all varieties of tastes and sonic ideals.

Dec 21, 2022 at 9:27 PM Post #155 of 876
I really hope to hear impressions once owners start to cable roll.
The stock cable is definitely not on par with cables that come along with today's summit-fi iems, such as those seen from Mentor, Le Jardin, or Viking.

Trifecta can be elevated one step further. Please take this into thoughtful consideration.

The first thing I plan to do is take the gold plated copper Victoria off my Supermoon and try it on the Trifecta :)

Dec 21, 2022 at 9:32 PM Post #156 of 876
The first thing I plan to do is take the gold plated copper Victoria off my Supermoon and try it on the Trifecta :)
I've switched to Code51 ConX, this tightens up the bass slightly and perhaps a tad more definition throughout the range. This is better than the stock cable for sure and surprisingly more comfortable. Code51 will stay on! Tbh, I've just hit 20 hrs on Tri so it's impossible to determine how much of driver burn in is affecting the sound changes. I will need to leave Trifecta on my burn in rig when not in use.

Dec 21, 2022 at 9:36 PM Post #157 of 876
... Man the urge to take my Chiron and put it on the Trifecta is strong. Oh no.

Dec 21, 2022 at 9:46 PM Post #159 of 876
... Man the urge to take my Chiron and put it on the Trifecta is strong. Oh no.
Can you please?? A friend who tried this pairing said he found it splendid. I’m waiting for other data points 🤓

Dec 21, 2022 at 9:47 PM Post #160 of 876
Can you please?? A friend who tried this pairing said he found it splendid. I’m waiting for other data points 🤓

I hope your (our) friend makes his way to this thread to share his thoughts :)

Dec 21, 2022 at 9:48 PM Post #161 of 876
dooooo it, ConX makes giving into temptation so convenient...what is there to lose :smiling_imp:
Mostly I can already feel the gears churning and being like "Oh if the Chiron synergizes with the Trifecta well then I can buy another kilobuck cable (which might potentially be the Orpheus or the OTL)!" My wallet is pleading me to stop 😂

Damnit, OKAY I'LL DO IT.

Dec 21, 2022 at 9:48 PM Post #162 of 876
That sounds like a v interesting and potential combo too. I’m hoping to find a use for Victoria :)

Dec 21, 2022 at 9:50 PM Post #163 of 876
Dec 21, 2022 at 9:50 PM Post #164 of 876
That sounds like a v interesting and potential combo too. I’m hoping to find a use for Victoria :)

Did you manage to snag an MMCX Victoria? I was lucky to get the only one Lets's Go had at time (and it wasn't even listed lol...I had to get them to go look for one).
If nothing else the blue and silver hardware of the Victoria should be a nice aesthetic match for the transparency look and gold accents of the Trifecta.

Dec 21, 2022 at 9:51 PM Post #165 of 876
I've switched to Code51 ConX, this tightens up the bass slightly and perhaps a tad more definition throughout the range. This is better than the stock cable for sure and surprisingly more comfortable. Code51 will stay on! Tbh, I've just hit 20 hrs on Tri so it's impossible to determine how much of driver burn in is affecting the sound changes. I will need to leave Trifecta on my burn in rig when not in use.
That is exactly what I did and normally do.
I have a small headphone amplifier that sits next to a chair in my reading room, a small room that hardly ever gets used, with a comfy chair and the Focal Clear OG plugged into its 4.4 input and a connection to the houses cat5 network it is very easy for me to just un plug the Clear and plug the new set in. Normally I use Freddie Hubbard’s First Light album on replay and just leave a new set cook. In the morning each day I disconnect the set and plug it in to my DAP and have some tea and listen to some music as the sun rises. When tea time is over I simply plug the set back into my amplifier.

Burn in, does it make a difference well hard to say for sure each of the three mornings for the total 72 hours I played the set continuously I thought the set sounded better then the day before. Could be brain burn in or even the music I chose each day. I did find a slight veil out of the box at least I think I did.

On the lines of easy to do so why not?

B2A01607-A3C6-412C-9659-6C944E1864B2.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back