Campfire Audio Trifecta
Dec 21, 2022 at 1:09 AM Post #136 of 876
Dec 21, 2022 at 3:31 AM Post #137 of 876
Writing down my 15-hour mark burn-in listening session! I am not entirely sure what is it about the drivers, but I am definitely in agreement that the Trifecta does improve with some burn-in time with the mids no longer sounding as recessed or veiled as they originally did. For reference, the monitor that I was listening to while I waited is the Elysium for references to see how it'll tune my ears when making that jump to Trifecta.

To my ears, Trifecta is just absolutely amazing and its ability to engage with me by using its sub-bass and timbre is changing the things I notice in my favorite tracks. Doubly so when considering that it isn't what I consider to be a warm IEM since you do get a good amount of sparkle with it. I hear a very resolute IEM in general with its incredibly massive soundstage (the widest I've heard), its clarity and its ability to make you feel the music from that amazing reverb (these IEMs REALLY rock in your ears).

Some interesting observations to note. I did find that there are certain tracks the Trifecta doesn't perform as well in. I am not sure why, but Trifecta just didn't bring its strength to it. It probably has something to do with the album's mastering that didn't play well with how Trifecta render the music.

When running it out of my ACRO1000, I did notice substantial hissing, which surprises me a little bit because I didn't think that the Trifecta are sensitive earphones. Switching it to the AK2000T solved that issue for me. I also really enjoyed using the AK2000T's Tube Amp with it for an added level of engagement. So it has been a fun session listening to the Trifecta through this setup.

Now sending it back to burning in as I switch to Phonix to see how it'll perform with ears fresh with Phonix's seductive mids. :D

Dec 21, 2022 at 6:48 PM Post #138 of 876
Guess who's about to be balls deep in a sonic temple of analogue, bass driven audio bliss...this guy.

2EFDEBC2-63EC-4362-A06B-C28DCB8140B3.JPEG

Thanks to Fedex for speedy efficient service, to @jwilliamhurst for expert handling, and to many of you in this thread whose impressions & enthusiasm have sustained me simce the last time I got to hear a Trifecta. It's on.

Dec 21, 2022 at 7:32 PM Post #140 of 876
Last edited:
Dec 21, 2022 at 7:49 PM Post #143 of 876
For me this is the ā€˜Most Anticipated Review of the Yearā€™... cannot wait.

Fantastic feedback/impressions for the Trifecta from you guys, sounds very special indeed!

Honestly folks like @JS27, @bigbeans @SteveK27, @jwilliamhurst and @RTodd (and others) have summed it up rather well. Iā€™ll most likely wind up reiterating at lot of whatā€™s already been said (but obviously through the lens of my own perceptions and ideals). Exciting days ahead.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2022 at 8:53 PM Post #144 of 876
Listening to the Trifecta for its 30 hours check... and the more I listen to these guys, the more I love them. It's just so powerful and I feel like it really captures the essence of having music played live (at least judging from my recent concert experience šŸ˜‚).

I think the biggest thing that is making Trifecta GOAT to my ear is that most of the time an IEM with a big soundstage often loses its musicality and vice versa, but not with the Trifecta. It's why I love the Phonix too, I sometimes just want an IEM to really serenade me up close as cool as it is to have that holographic sound with the Traillii. With the Trifecta, I am actually having both the soundstage and the absolutely beautiful engagement. What an IEM.

Dec 21, 2022 at 8:56 PM Post #145 of 876
Listening to the Trifecta for its 30 hours check... and the more I listen to these guys, the more I love them. It's just so powerful and I feel like it really captures the essence of having music played live (at least judging from my recent concert experience šŸ˜‚).

I think the biggest thing that is making Trifecta GOAT to my ear is that most of the time an IEM with a big soundstage often loses its musicality and vice versa, but not with the Trifecta. It's why I love the Phonix too, I sometimes just want an IEM to really serenade me up close as cool as it is to have that holographic sound with the Traillii. With the Trifecta, I am actually having both the soundstage and the absolutely beautiful engagement. What an IEM.

It's going to be hard for me to resist seeking out a (portable) source to get the most of out this IEM. Any suggestions from folks around a great source for this IEM? Desktop gear won't work for me...and I'm not really looking for and RS8 sized beast...though the WM1Z2 always looms and tempts. I wish there was an easy way to get daps on tour as IEMs.

Dec 21, 2022 at 8:56 PM Post #146 of 876
It seems we are having a Trifecta listening party!

Currently going through my Ice Cube Greatest Hits album. The bass resolution is simply outstanding, the bass wave decay is making me hear things I've never heard before in the mix. The towering sound from these small ear pieces prove good things can come in small packages :sunglasses:

Dec 21, 2022 at 9:01 PM Post #147 of 876
It seems we are having a Trifecta listening party!

Currently going through my Ice Cube Greatest Hits album. The bass resolution is simply outstanding, the bass wave decay is making me hear things I've never heard before in the mix. The towering sound from these small ear pieces prove good things can come in small packages :sunglasses:

I'm staying with family now and it would be anti-social for me to hide away with my IEMs so I won't get any real listening done until a bit later. But...initial cursory demos are exactly what I was hoping for. The Trifecta is just as bombastic and addictively engaging as I remember it. The best thing about this IEM is that only CFA would have the balls (haha) to blaze their own trail and even imagine an IEM like this...nevermind pull it off so spectacularly. Those for whom the Trifecta hits probably won't find anytihng to top it for a very long time I bet.

Dec 21, 2022 at 9:07 PM Post #148 of 876
My friend is holding on to my set and helping to burn it in. He is unequivocal about the improvements in sound over time (not brain burn in). The IEM is past 50 hours, but he did say that itā€™s (comparatively) lacking in resolution. Regardless, Iā€™m eager to hear it and experiment with cable and source rolling

Dec 21, 2022 at 9:12 PM Post #149 of 876
I'm staying with family now and it would be anti-social for me to hide away with my IEMs so I won't get any real listening done until a bit later. But...initial cursory demos are exactly what I was hoping for. The Trifecta is just as bombastic and addictively engaging as I remember it. The best thing about this IEM is that only CFA would have the balls (haha) to blaze their own trail and even imagine an IEM like this...nevermind pull it off so spectacularly. Those for whom the Trifecta hits probably won't find anytihng to top it for a very long time I bet.
With IEMs like this one it is so hard for me to fathom anyone not liking it. It makes music sound so good, even just a piano such as the Keith Jarrett classic The Koln concert I was listening to a couple days ago. No need for exaggerated bass type music for this to sing full throttle, though of course bass heavy music sounds incredible on this set.

That said the way this set delivers music is creating alternatively apposing and vocal detractors.

Dec 21, 2022 at 9:13 PM Post #150 of 876
It's going to be hard for me to resist seeking out a (portable) source to get the most of out this IEM. Any suggestions from folks around a great source for this IEM? Desktop gear won't work for me...and I'm not really looking for and RS8 sized beast...though the WM1Z2 always looms and tempts. I wish there was an easy way to get daps on tour as IEMs.
I wonder about this too because I just did an A/B listen to it and I definitely vastly prefer listening via my ACRO1000 vs my AK2000T. The Trifecta unfortunately sounds thinner and its timbre lacks oomph with the AK2000T as much as I enjoyed fiddling with its tube settings...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back