Campfire Audio - SuperMoon
Sep 26, 2022 at 6:49 AM Post #211 of 474
Placed my order! Thanks to @Rockwell75 for getting the train started and the Watercooler crew for the impressions.

Screenshot_20220926-010509_Chrome.jpg
Congratulations Nate! Love to hear your impressions vis-à-vis your impressive collection!

Sep 28, 2022 at 3:05 AM Post #212 of 474
Placed my order! Thanks to @Rockwell75 for getting the train started and the Watercooler crew for the impressions.

Insane price! Congrats.

Here is a Graph for SM:
graph (9).png

I had a blast pairing it with RS6. Amazing dap and amazing synergy

Edit: here is a link for graph database if you want to play around comparing to some other big boys:
https://soundjedi.squig.link/?share=Campfire_Audio_Supermoon

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2022 at 3:18 AM Post #213 of 474
Sep 28, 2022 at 12:41 PM Post #214 of 474
SM landed! OOTB love the bass slam and the unmistakable CA sound. These fit me like a glove too!

Am travelling the next few days so can't really spend much time with it, but am in love so far!

9273BD80-C23F-4F64-9C94-EB5B91F40994.jpeg

Sep 28, 2022 at 2:49 PM Post #216 of 474
Sep 28, 2022 at 7:21 PM Post #218 of 474
Oct 1, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #221 of 474
Thanks for the graph!! Looks very intersting!! Now I am more excited to get mine ⌛⏳

1664383528097.png
Well it sounds quite different traillii, more engaging and energetic. But you can see that on graph.
Traillii from memory would have a bit wider stage but SM is more 3d. Not just left right.
Traillii resolution will be better i think. Supermoons micro detail is not at the same level as some 3x price big boys. But its plenty good.
seems like lots of sub bass...way more than Z1R
Well its Planar vs DD so while subbass is bigger. Its faster and much much more articulate than Z1Rs.
While its not Storm level bass. I think CFA nailed the balance between speed and physicality of bass here.
Hey guys, my full Supermoon review is now online at The Headphone List. Enjoy!

Supermoon_07.jpg
Ooohhh. Lemme get a cuppa!

Oct 1, 2022 at 11:09 AM Post #222 of 474
Well it sounds quite different traillii, more engaging and energetic. But you can see that on graph.
Traillii from memory would have a bit wider stage but SM is more 3d. Not just left right.
Traillii resolution will be better i think. Supermoons micro detail is not at the same level as some 3x price big boys. But its plenty good.

Well its Planar vs DD so while subbass is bigger. Its faster and much much more articulate than Z1Rs.
While its not Storm level bass. I think CFA nailed the balance between speed and physicality of bass here.

Ooohhh. Lemme get a cuppa!

Storm level bass? You mean that IEM nobody is sure really exists?

Oct 1, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #223 of 474
Yup, sure they will sound more different than similar! But the dips and peaks are at similar frequencies and I like them:ok_hand: So I assume I'll like that on the Supermoon as well.

Oct 1, 2022 at 12:10 PM Post #224 of 474
Storm level bass? You mean that IEM nobody is sure really exists?
I'm kind of out of the loop here, so I don't know if you were joking or serious lol.
But I heard the Storm at London CanJam and it was pretty outstanding (I listened to Fir Xe6 and Kr5 alongside it for the record).

Still haven't heard the Supermoon yet, much to my annoyance, but hoping to do so soon :D

Oct 1, 2022 at 12:15 PM Post #225 of 474
I'm kind of out of the loop here, so I don't know if you were joking or serious lol.
But I heard the Storm at London CanJam and it was pretty outstanding (I listened to Fir Xe6 and Kr5 alongside it for the record).

Storm has become a bit of a meme in some quarters due to delays with production, inconsistent reports from London, present radio silence, as well a curious and blunderous lack of appearance at CanJam SoCal. That said does it really have a noteworthy bass response? That's what I was responding to mostly...I thought it was fundamentally a reference monitor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back