Campfire Audio - SuperMoon
Oct 15, 2022 at 6:32 PM Post #241 of 479
Well this sucks. It looks like USPS has lost my Supermoon. It was supposed to be delivered last Monday but no one was home to sign for it. The following day, I eagerly rushed to the post office with the pick up slip in hand only to be disappointed with a "Sorry, we can't find the package". I've been in contact with my postman through our the week and said they are still looking for it. At this point I'm not sure what to do. Do I need to notify Campfire Audio about? Has anyone been in a similar situation?

Oct 15, 2022 at 7:18 PM Post #242 of 479
Well this sucks. It looks like USPS has lost my Supermoon. It was supposed to be delivered last Monday but no one was home to sign for it. The following day, I eagerly rushed to the post office with the pick up slip in hand only to be disappointed with a "Sorry, we can't find the package". I've been in contact with my postman through our the week and said they are still looking for it. At this point I'm not sure what to do. Do I need to notify Campfire Audio about? Has anyone been in a similar situation?
Check whether the package was insured (ask CA which shipment conditon yours was). Usually expensive items were sent under an insurance in cases of loss.

Oct 15, 2022 at 10:21 PM Post #243 of 479
Indeed sucks. I hope you manage to sort it out soon.

Oct 17, 2022 at 3:24 PM Post #244 of 479
SM1.jpgSM2.jpgSM3.jpgSM4.jpgSM5.jpg

They've arrived! Already hooked the Eletech Plato up to them and put them through several tracks out of my library. First impressions I actually like these better than the UIEM version by a large margin, but granted I said previously here my left ear has an odd fit for UIEMs in general and even my audiologist says I've got the smallest ear canals she has ever seen. :thinking:

Be that as it may with the UIEM version I felt like it was necessity to use foam tips to get the upper range a bit more comfortable for my tastes. With the CIEM version however everything comes through just perfectly and even more so the bass sounds so much more grand on the CIEM version than I recall it sounding on the UIEM (could be due to me just not getting the best of seals on the UIEM). The lower mids still feel about the same on the CIEM maybe a tad more clear than the UIEM, but still the only thing I feel like may be a tad lacking (again not enough to deduce a lack of clarity just not as emphasized and overall still pleasant).

Hot take right now is I'm likely going to enjoy these over my clears or empyreans to some degree. I guess I'm all aboard the hype train on these so far as they are truly exceptional for the price.
I managed to snag a late demo univ. unit last week, and have been getting used to the sound. So far I am thoroughly enjoying levels of details & resolution, layering, and separation that I haven't heard in an IEM before. I do think upper mids into the treble can get a tad aggressive sometimes, but only when it's there in the music material. I put a Fiio LC-RE spc cable on it, and that seems to help open up the sense of space even a hair more than normal. Penon's new Obsidian cable is en route and I look forward to seeing how that affects SM's sound. The way the SM immerses the listener in total clarity, strewn out over a huge 3D stage, is quite something to behold. Awesome SQ to dollar value with this planar.

I love seeing all the supermoon appreciation here - it really is a return to form for Campfire.

You should definitely let them know. That is not common at all, so sorry to hear

Oct 18, 2022 at 12:42 PM Post #246 of 479
Hey guys, in case you missed it, I've uploaded my (abridged) Supermoon review here. The full review is still available on The Headphone List.
Great review guy (both the abridged and the full). The pictures on the full review were phenomenal!

Oct 18, 2022 at 1:01 PM Post #247 of 479
Hey guys, in case you missed it, I've uploaded my (abridged) Supermoon review here. The full review is still available on The Headphone List.
Just wondering how much better in term of technicality is Supermoon compared to chifi planar IEMs.

Oct 18, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #248 of 479
Just wondering how much better in term of technicality is Supermoon compared to chifi planar IEMs.
From all the guys I've spoken to that tried both, significantly. And tonally it's much better too. But I can only say that anecdotally as I haven't heard any of the Chi-Fi planars.

Oct 18, 2022 at 1:32 PM Post #250 of 479
Would any of you know how to make a comparison between Supermoon vs Isabellae?
Thank you.
Going purely off (Isa) memory:

Supermoon has massive extended and powerful bass, drier mids, extended and vibrant treble, highly technical (top-tier resolution, stage, speed).

Isa is completely different, more mid focused, slightly romantic tone, light/neutral bass takes a back seat to the mids, treble rolls off quite early and is fairly relaxed, not the most technical IEM compared to Supermoon.

Others might be of more help. @RTodd has both Supermoon and Isa and could give his direct view.

Oct 18, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #251 of 479

Supermoon has massive extended and powerful bass, drier mids, extended and vibrant treble, highly technical (top-tier resolution, stage, speed).

Isa is completely different, more mid focused, slightly romantic tone, light/neutral bass takes a back seat to the mids, treble rolls off quite early and is fairly relaxed, not the most technical IEM compared to Supermoon.

Others might be of more help. @RTodd has both Supermoon and Isa and could give his direct view.
Your opinion was also important, because in fact I was looking for an Isabellae with a tighter and more sculpted bass, and in general a more technical and clear sound. So Supermoon seems to me to go in this direction. Now I would also like to know how Turii and Dita Audio Perpetua sounds, because I think like iem with DD they are the best around.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2022 at 1:49 PM Post #252 of 479
From all the guys I've spoken to that tried both, significantly. And tonally it's much better too. But I can only say that anecdotally as I haven't heard any of the Chi-Fi planars.
I have compared SM to the Timeless and Hook-X and can confirm that SM is better.

Oct 18, 2022 at 1:51 PM Post #253 of 479

I have both too and confirm Guy’s assessment.

Oct 18, 2022 at 2:28 PM Post #255 of 479
So Supermoon sounds more technical and clearer than Isabellae?
And what differences are there for the low range?
Thank you
Yes. SM more technical and has a wider soundstage. Not sure what you mean by clearer but it is definitely more detailed.

SM is more extended in the bass region compared to Isa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back