Campfire Audio - Solstice CIEM
Dec 11, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #31 of 149
Went with the audiophile fit. So far so good fit wise. Will also say so far so good sound signature wise. I'm going to A/B both sets when I have some time. I listened to the OG Andro on my commute and don't hear any egregious difference between that and the Solstice.

Oh so you can choose the fit your prefer?
Nice! I’d ask for a tight fit :p

Great to know the signature is consistent with the universal as well!

Dec 11, 2019 at 1:15 PM Post #32 of 149
Got my set in yesterday. Will do a comparison with my Andro V2 in the coming weeks.

Just for those who care - Sent my impressions in on the 25th of Nov and got my completed set yesterday the 10th of Dec. Pretty fast turnaround considering the holidays and Black Friday, etc.

Znt9tIa.jpg
Damn... you gotta love those campfire aesthetics though... if there's one thing they know how to do is make a sexy looking iem.

Dec 11, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #34 of 149
Yes, audiophile fit is a very short stem (been very interested in that) compared to the usual length which is classed as the artist fit which is the standard fit.

Dec 11, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #35 of 149
Yes, audiophile fit is a very short stem (been very interested in that) compared to the usual length which is classed as the artist fit which is the standard fit.

Good to know!

Dec 16, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #37 of 149
Since this is my first CIEM...
What precautions should I have to take care of it?
I need a jodi vac consumer or something like this?
the clean of the tubes is periodically or once a week or so?

Dec 16, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #38 of 149
These shell don't require much maintenance. I usually wipe it down with a micro fiber cloth immediately after use to get the sweat off. Once a month I use a baby wipe on the exterior shell to give it a clean, smudge-free finish. Lastly, I use the cleaning tool provided with all universal CFA IEMs to remove the wax build-up in the nozzle. I've had my Equinox for a year now and they seem built to last.

Dec 16, 2019 at 7:18 PM Post #39 of 149
These shell don't require much maintenance. I usually wipe it down with a micro fiber cloth immediately after use to get the sweat off. Once a month I use a baby wipe on the exterior shell to give it a clean, smudge-free finish. Lastly, I use the cleaning tool provided with all universal CFA IEMs to remove the wax build-up in the nozzle. I've had my Equinox for a year now and they seem built to last.

How would you compare the Equinox to the Atlas?

Dec 16, 2019 at 10:52 PM Post #40 of 149
I share the sentiments of others that the shorter stem makes the Equinox incredibly comfortable, easier to slip on and off, and reduces the probability of a refit. The shorter nozzle also provides reasonable, but not suffocating isolation that eliminates driver flex. I can chew, swallow, and move around with no issues or discomfort.

If you are looking into the Equinox then comfort shouldn’t be on your list of concerns. You just need to decide if the sound signature is right for you and the potential synergy with your setup. You won’t be able to alter the sound with tip rolling, but I consider this a huge plus because that’s an endless rabbit hole.

If you get an opportunity, you should try the Atlas as that model uses the 10mm ADLC dynamic driver as well. In comparison, the Equinox offers increased resolution, forward mids, less bass, and refined treble. Please keep in mind that this comparison is relative and subtle, but definitely noticeable over time. I feel like I can listen to the Equinox at a lower volume because the mids are more forward and can steal the show when the music calls for it.

The price of IEMs is being called into contention more often than not these days, but I feel it is commensurate with the level of happiness it delivers. I made the decision to live with the Equinox forever based on my experiences with the Vega and Atlas. I made the right decision for me and have no regrets, despite the fact that I know there will be more CFA customs in the future.
How would you compare the Equinox to the Atlas?

I answered that comparison for another member in the Equinox thread, so I just quoted myself above. I listen to the Equinox almost every day and I'm still loving it a year later. The custom Campfire fit makes this the most comfortable IEM I have ever worn hands down! Obviously, the audiophile fit of the Solstice will offer the same level of comfort described above.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #41 of 149

ok, thanks for your help :ksc75smile:

Dec 17, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #42 of 149

I answered that comparison for another member in the Equinox thread, so I just quoted myself above. I listen to the Equinox almost every day and I'm still loving it a year later. The custom Campfire fit makes this the most comfortable IEM I have ever worn hands down! Obviously, the audiophile fit of the Solstice will offer the same level of comfort described above.
I'm assuming the fit of the solstice will offer slightly better isolation that the equinox due to the fact that it's not vented?

Dec 17, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #44 of 149
Not to mention the availability of a deeper (artist) fit.
That option is now available on Equinox as well. Main reason I'm interested in the audiophile option is the comfort factor. Even being custom I do find the longer nozzle slightly uncomfortable at times.

Dec 17, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #45 of 149
I never even considered jumping on the CIEM band wagon until Campfire released the Equinox. I knew that it wouldn't even be a gamble considering how enamored I am with the Vega and Atlas and the specs of the Equinox boasted even further technology improvements. I sincerely hope the next CFA custom retains the current build quality and shape because mine were a perfect fit the first time around. There is simply no reason to have a longer nozzle for deeper insertion after having lived with the Equinox these past 5 months. In fact, that would be quite uncomfortable so please keep the nozzle the same!

I couldn't agree more! The short nozzle makes the comfort unparalleled in my opinion. The Equinox is my first custom, but I have since tried one other reputable custom manufacturer and I was in pain after 20 minutes due to a longer nozzle reaching the second bend in my ear. What is the point in having a custom IEM if you can't enjoy the sound due to comfort issues? In addition, this other manufacturer's custom monitor did not have the flawless fit and finish I was expecting. This is all to say, CFA has impeccable build quality on both their universal and custom line and I found that out through buying and comparing. Lesson learned.

I will have to quote myself again from the Equinox thread, but the shorter nozzle (audiophile fit) is a CIEM game changer in my opinion for the reasons mentioned above. I highly recommend selecting the audiophile fit for all day comfort to anyone in this thread who just listens to music!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back