May 28, 2020 at 4:57 PM Post #482 of 1,221
🤦🏻‍♂️

Attachments

• d'oh.jpg
    d'oh.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 0
May 28, 2020 at 9:48 PM Post #485 of 1,221
Yea me too but I’m down for the count... Have to replace my A/C unit 😢
I know your pain, I just had to replace my upstairs AC unit and got AC back this afternoon.

But this was before I ordered my Solaris 2020.

May 28, 2020 at 9:49 PM Post #486 of 1,221
May 28, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #488 of 1,221
May 28, 2020 at 10:19 PM Post #489 of 1,221
Yea, it had to happen right when summer starts. Had to drop over $5k, fun times.
I feel your pain. Bought a house near the end of 2018. A month or so into our first winter in the house, the furnace broke. The option was to spend probably over $1k to fix a 20+ year old furnace that likely would need to be replaced anyways, or get a replacement... which also meant it needed a new ac too. $14k+ later... It was a very very cold wait for the replacement. Between that, a new roof, some other repairs and fixes, it was a very very expensive first year in this house.

Now I just waste money on headphones when everything is in working order.

May 28, 2020 at 11:08 PM Post #490 of 1,221
I feel your pain. Bought a house near the end of 2018. A month or so into our first winter in the house, the furnace broke. The option was to spend probably over $1k to fix a 20+ year old furnace that likely would need to be replaced anyways, or get a replacement... which also meant it needed a new ac too. $14k+ later... It was a very very cold wait for the replacement. Between that, a new roof, some other repairs and fixes, it was a very very expensive first year in this house.

Now I just waste money on headphones when everything is in working order.
Sheesh, that’s terrible. I’m also on the verge of buying A new home so I had to do my wild spending before getting into contract. Otherwise as you all know they grill you for spending money like that before closing.

Last edited:
May 28, 2020 at 11:32 PM Post #491 of 1,221
Sheesh, that’s terrible. I’m also on the verge of buying A new home so I had to do my wild spending before getting into contract. Otherwise as you all know they grill you for spending money like that before closing.
Indeed. Anyways, best of luck with the new house!

May 29, 2020 at 3:29 PM Post #493 of 1,221
Excellent commercial! I wonder if CA has to pay for stuff like this.

May 29, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #495 of 1,221
Headpie,

This is Psych 101, manifested in multiple ways:
  • It's fairly common for companies to give people free products if they agree to provide a review. Why? Because people who are given something feel obligated to give something in return, a positive review. It's the basic transactional nature of human psychology.
  • In the case where that same person will be given additional products in the future, that tendency is amplified as they don't want to hurt the chance of not receiving those future products.
I've been in the situation myself, and have told a little white lie or two in the process. And for anyone claiming their impervious to this, I'd be curious to see their negative reviews of products they were given.

With all that said, it's still interesting to hear reviews in such situation; it's just others need to consider it with a grain of salt.

Kind regards,

Mark

Well its hard to know exactly what you (and some others) want at times...?

Edit: Many of the so called ‘reviewers’ are just enthusiasts like myself that for years wrote impressions in threads of gear we bought ourselves (before there was an actual review section on head-fi). Companies of course will logically send samples to people who have a track record of writing.
- 99% are unpaid (bUt SaMplEs!).
- most companies welcome honest feedback -
- Readers do not bother with enthusiasts/reviewers whose impressions do not match their experience, either first or secondhand - whether accurate or especially seemingly erroneous.
- not many who purchase will write impressions - just the keen enthusiasts ( buyers, shop/show listeners, ‘reviewers’ etc) contributing to the community their findings and time.

- So read and enjoy many impressions and take a general summary of their matching and differing points. The truth lies somewhere in between.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back