Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Mar 27, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #8,716 of 9,825
I'm sorry to Quote old post for you to ask, but I really want to know how does the Andromeda and M11 combination in terms of sound quality and hissing.

thank you and sorry again.
Hi, I can give you some of my impressions on an M11/Andro combo. Bear in mind that this is the only dap that I currently own and I can't make comparisons against other models.

Comparing unbalanced vs balanced using the Andros, there is a different sound signature due to the different output impedance. Singled ended having a more heavier, bassier sound whereas balanced has a more neutral, airier sound.

In general, the Andros pair well with my M11. The treble is detailed but smooth and airy without sibilance. Detail retrieval, imaging and soundstage is amazing for an IEM and it improves a bit when going balanced.
Mids are for me excellent. It does well with male or female vocals.
Bass and low end is elevated but doesn't bleed into the mids even with a near zero output impedance. It sounds very tight with lots of texture and detail.

In terms of hiss, on the single ended output, the hiss is very low almost to the point of being inaudible.
On the balanced output, the hiss doubles in volume and you can hear it if you pause the music.
It's a total non issue for me since the music drowns the hiss. Even in classical music.
If you are really worried with hiss, you can always get an IEMatch to reduce it even further.

Mar 27, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #8,717 of 9,825
If you experience hiss, consider using IEMatch, thaf resolves all hiss for me

Mar 28, 2020 at 12:38 AM Post #8,718 of 9,825
Hi, I can give you some of my impressions on an M11/Andro combo. Bear in mind that this is the only dap that I currently own and I can't make comparisons against other models.

Comparing unbalanced vs balanced using the Andros, there is a different sound signature due to the different output impedance. Singled ended having a more heavier, bassier sound whereas balanced has a more neutral, airier sound.

In general, the Andros pair well with my M11. The treble is detailed but smooth and airy without sibilance. Detail retrieval, imaging and soundstage is amazing for an IEM and it improves a bit when going balanced.
Mids are for me excellent. It does well with male or female vocals.
Bass and low end is elevated but doesn't bleed into the mids even with a near zero output impedance. It sounds very tight with lots of texture and detail.

In terms of hiss, on the single ended output, the hiss is very low almost to the point of being inaudible.
On the balanced output, the hiss doubles in volume and you can hear it if you pause the music.
It's a total non issue for me since the music drowns the hiss. Even in classical music.
If you are really worried with hiss, you can always get an IEMatch to reduce it even further.

thank you so much I really appreciate your opinion, and about the hiss I can hear it with apple dongle connected to my iPhone every time when the music stops so I really hate it and I think M11 pro will be a better option so I'll take every word you said and not worry about the hiss, also I already have IEMatch and I think it's bad because it changes the sound and makes it thin.

Mar 28, 2020 at 5:38 AM Post #8,720 of 9,825
I'm sorry I don't understand what you mean when you said you don't find the housing particularly noticeable.
Probably spellchecker decided that hissing is housing.

Mar 28, 2020 at 5:40 AM Post #8,721 of 9,825
I'm sorry I don't understand what you mean when you said you don't find the housing particularly noticeable.

Sorry, that was meant to say hiss, not housing!

Apr 2, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #8,722 of 9,825
Hey Guys anyone have experience with FINAL AUDIO FI-BA-SS vs Andromeda, how they compare, differ?
thx
I know this is super late but hey there! So I noticed that nobody really chimed in on your query, I used to own the AKR02 a limited collab of both final audio and Astell and Kern from way back so my impressions wont be as accurate and should be taken with a bucket of salt. From what I can recall, the akr02 had a peakier treble compared to andro, but akr02 had a much more forward midrange compared to andro. Both units had a rather weak bass presentation but i would give andro the edge here since it had better definition (akr02 was a bit loose). Soundstage wise andro hands down. Andro also had better timbre since akr02 at times sounded a bit metallic.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2020 at 10:33 PM Post #8,723 of 9,825
I just paired my Andro SEG’s up with a balanced ALO Gold 16 (from ALO Audio Deals) - and I am simply in awe. The soundstage has grown, there is a noticeable increase in sub-bass, and no discernible degradation in the mids or highs. My Andro's sound like a more complete IEM now - what a difference a wider soundstage and some low end rumble can make. Not sure what a pair of $3K IEM sound like, but I wonder if these get close?

Anybody else out there with this pairing? I'm curious what you're hearing as well? My source is an AK380 btw.

Apr 4, 2020 at 12:12 AM Post #8,724 of 9,825
I just paired my Andro SEG’s up with a balanced ALO Gold 16 (from ALO Audio Deals) - and I am simply in awe. The soundstage has grown, there is a noticeable increase in sub-bass, and no discernible degradation in the mids or highs. My Andro's sound like a more complete IEM now - what a difference a wider soundstage and some low end rumble can make. Not sure what a pair of $3K IEM sound like, but I wonder if these get close?

Anybody else out there with this pairing? I'm curious what you're hearing as well? My source is an AK380 btw.

Impatiently waiting for my gold cable to arrive and pair with my Andro S & Sony WM1Z. Will report back my findings :)

Apr 4, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #8,725 of 9,825

I pair mine (the CK blue edition) with EA Cleopatra Octa and never had an itch for IEMs at the stratospheric prices. My source is the AK SP2000

IMG_1790.JPG

Apr 4, 2020 at 2:28 PM Post #8,726 of 9,825
I pair mine (the CK blue edition) with EA Cleopatra Octa and never had an itch for IEMs at the stratospheric prices. My source is the AK SP2000

IMG_1790.JPG
I guess the cable is more important than the headphone. :)

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #8,727 of 9,825

IMG_1790.JPG
I looked up the specs on your cable - quite impressive! I’d really like to take that cable for a test drive on my Atlas’s - they seem to thrive on pure silver cables...tames the bass a little and brings the highs forward a little bit. I’m not a basshead, but I really like the low end with the Altas’s and what it does for classic rock. I found myself listen to them more then I expected - but now I can’t put the Andros down thanks to that new low end!

How would you describe the sound signature with the Cleopatra and Andros?

Apr 4, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #8,728 of 9,825
Impatiently waiting for my gold cable to arrive and pair with my Andro S & Sony WM1Z. Will report back my findings :)
I’m looking forward to your experience! I wasn’t able to find much feedback from folks on the net with this pairing outside of this REVIEW.

Apr 4, 2020 at 10:26 PM Post #8,729 of 9,825
I looked up the specs on your cable - quite impressive! I’d really like to take that cable for a test drive on my Atlas’s - they seem to thrive on pure silver cables...tames the bass a little and brings the highs forward a little bit. I’m not a basshead, but I really like the low end with the Altas’s and what it does for classic rock. I found myself listen to them more then I expected - but now I can’t put the Andros down thanks to that new low end!

How would you describe the sound signature with the Cleopatra and Andros?

From your thoughts with the Gold 16, I'd say Cleopatra Octa has that bass, sound stage you perceive with the Gold 16, but with more mid presence on vocals and even silkier treble (i.e. you can hear more nuanced treble timbre on every timpani, cymbals and other hi-hats yet there's no hint of roll-off happening). Cleopatra Octa isn't a typical silver cable though where the tonality tends to be drier and more clinical in perception. Though this all descriptions just fall into "fine tuning" category and they do not alter the original sound signature of Andromeda (or in your words, "more complete")

Apr 6, 2020 at 3:10 AM Post #8,730 of 9,825
thank you so much I really appreciate your opinion, and about the hiss I can hear it with apple dongle connected to my iPhone every time when the music stops so I really hate it and I think M11 pro will be a better option so I'll take every word you said and not worry about the hiss, also I already have IEMatch and I think it's bad because it changes the sound and makes it thin.
I'm currently running the Andro off the M11 pro, and you are right that the single-ended output doesn't have a hiss. The balanced output does have a low hiss though, and it may be the reason (or one of) as to why I prefer running the Andro through unbalanced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back