Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jan 11, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #8,626 of 9,829
The ISN AG8 pairs superbly with all my Campfire Andromedas. :)

Good Lord they're like Pokemons lmao. Which one is your favorite?

Jan 11, 2020 at 11:21 AM Post #8,627 of 9,829
Good Lord they're like Pokemons lmao. Which one is your favorite?
Definitely the Andromeda MW10!

tenor.gif

Jan 11, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #8,629 of 9,829
iBasso DX220 DAP with AMP8.
Unfortunately I can't try it before ordering, given many people find Androme very comfortable my odds are high for the good fit ?

IIRC from other users DX220 with AMP8 should be fine then.

Although others may find them comfortable you may not, really depends on each individual.

Jan 11, 2020 at 9:13 PM Post #8,630 of 9,829
iBasso DX220 DAP with AMP8.
Unfortunately I can't try it before ordering, given many people find Androme very comfortable my odds are high for the good fit ?
A few things to consider I think would be fit, sensitivity/synergy with your player, sound signature and your preference/taste. Andromeda has an unconventional shape. Its shell/chassis protrudes more than most IEMs. It fits/seals well enough depending on which tips you use. But for me comfort is not the best for Andromeda. The most comfortable fit I ever got from a universal IEM was from the qdc. Also, you need to consider how the Andromeda sounds with your source. IDK how it sounds with the DX220, but I'd recommend pair it with a warmer source for a more balanced sound. Unless you prefer a more energetic sound up top. I haven't heard hiss from the Andromeda before, but you need to be careful using it with a noisy source because it's quite sensitive. As for the sound, the Andromeda for me sounds less neutral for it has more bass, and brighter upper end. A lot of people seems to like it, but it's not too flat or uncoloured IMO.

Jan 12, 2020 at 3:34 PM Post #8,631 of 9,829
A few things to consider I think would be fit, sensitivity/synergy with your player, sound signature and your preference/taste. Andromeda has an unconventional shape. Its shell/chassis protrudes more than most IEMs. It fits/seals well enough depending on which tips you use. But for me comfort is not the best for Andromeda. The most comfortable fit I ever got from a universal IEM was from the qdc. Also, you need to consider how the Andromeda sounds with your source. IDK how it sounds with the DX220, but I'd recommend pair it with a warmer source for a more balanced sound. Unless you prefer a more energetic sound up top. I haven't heard hiss from the Andromeda before, but you need to be careful using it with a noisy source because it's quite sensitive. As for the sound, the Andromeda for me sounds less neutral for it has more bass, and brighter upper end. A lot of people seems to like it, but it's not too flat or uncoloured IMO.

How "forgiving" is the Andromeda ? Does it sound horrible with dynamically compressed music like most of the high-end head/earphones ?

Jan 16, 2020 at 12:34 AM Post #8,632 of 9,829
Has anyone tried the latest Andromeda OG version with a Shure RMCE-BT2 Bluetooth MMCX adapter/cable? As a strictly wired headphone user, I can't believe my ears with this pairing. It seems like Shure got the BT/BLE performance and amplification right in the BT2, especially for the Andromeda.

Jan 16, 2020 at 12:44 AM Post #8,633 of 9,829
How "forgiving" is the Andromeda ? Does it sound horrible with dynamically compressed music like most of the high-end head/earphones ?
They expose many flaws in the compression and psycho-acoustic algorithms in the CODEC. FLAC/ALAC recordings sound best of course, but high bitrate AAC or OGG are equally impressive. As posted many times, source amplification and impedance have a severe impact on sound signature, I'd say this is a bigger factor then CODEC compression. I find that both the Andromeda Gold and latest OG version do very well through a Questyle QP1R an iPad Pro and a Shure RMCE-BT2 cable, but I find them to be too bassy with an Apple or Moshi Lightning to 3.5mm DAC/Adapter. They are too thin on bass to my ears with older iPhones like the SE or 6s.

Jan 20, 2020 at 1:50 AM Post #8,634 of 9,829
Here a new holder of a pair second-hand Andromeda... They really were for my father, although he says they don't have enough bass, for me it's quite the opposite, a lot of presence and high quality. We are both using it with a Sony WM1A. I have been reading pages and pages of this thread looking for information about the condensation that is generated, if it is really harmful and I do not know if today there is any definitive solution apart from using Comply tips. I've been testing them with Spiral Dots and Sony Hybrids and sometimes the sound seems a bit veiled, with the treble quite cut. I was thinking getting a SCX 8 4,4 mm cable.

Thank you all!

Jan 20, 2020 at 9:29 AM Post #8,635 of 9,829
What is the difference between the gold 16 and ref 8 cable? And is the gold 16 alot better or just marginally?

Jan 20, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #8,636 of 9,829
What is the difference between the gold 16 and ref 8 cable? And is the gold 16 alot better or just marginally?
The differences I found with the Gold were better details and a wider soundstage with slightly less bass impact.

Jan 21, 2020 at 8:34 AM Post #8,638 of 9,829
Hi guys,

Quick question for the Andromeda Gold owners: the best tips for me for the OG are the Spinfits CP100. What about with the Gold? Do they also fit the same way?

Thanks!
Check out Spirals Dots with the Golds :) i´ve read the fit of the gold is way better than the OG cause of a longer nozzle. i never had the OG so cant say for sure.
But for me Spiral Dots sound the best with them

Jan 21, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #8,639 of 9,829
@cr3ativ3
Sweet, I already own 3 pairs of Spiral Dots (been using them with my Vega).

I bought the Gold because the fit seems to be better than the OG: I have them, love them but if I move too much, the left one always moves a little and I lose a proper seal :frowning2: (probably due to my ear canal).

Thanks!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back