Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jan 28, 2020 at 1:40 AM Post #8,656 of 9,829
Here're my experiences with the Andromeda Gold re: hiss:

I get quite a bit of hiss from them when I plugged them into my Chord Mojo (not unlike people's experiences in the standard, green Andro thread) – granted, Mojo's hiss is fairly faint and largely (if not completely) inaudible when music is playing.
- Cozoy Rei = ZERO hiss, AMAZING PAIRING
- HA-2SE = very minimal hiss, maybe at 1/5 of the level of the Mojo's hiss
- EarStudio ES100 MK2 = extremely minimal hiss, maybe at 1/10 of the level of the Mojo's hiss (note: my family hates me for my extremely sensitive ears, can literally hear like a hawk, would bet most of you couldn't even hear this).
- MacBook Pro 2018 15" headphone port = ZERO hiss, color me impressed
- Lightning-to-3.5mm dongle = extremely minimal hiss, maybe at 1/10 of the level of the Mojo's hiss

Just really weird because the Chord Mojo has an output impedance of 75 ohms, 0.075 ohms... whereas the Cozoy Rei I'm not sure about as all I can find is "Output voltage: 1 Vrms@32 OHM" on their website, head-fi, or anywhere else...

Thank you so much for sharing!

Jan 28, 2020 at 7:00 AM Post #8,657 of 9,829
Great battery life...but it hisses with Solaris so will probably hiss more with Andro.

Have you tried the zx300 on high gain? Output volume increases while the background hiss appears to stay the same, making the hiss relatively quieter, to the point where it didn't bother me.

Best cheap option for the Andro for me was the Galaxy S8 via UAPP. Couldn't hear a SQ difference going to the zx300 or some other DAPs, so for me the S8 was great!

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #8,658 of 9,829
Here're my experiences with the Andromeda Gold re: hiss:

I get quite a bit of hiss from them when I plugged them into my Chord Mojo (not unlike people's experiences in the standard, green Andro thread) – granted, Mojo's hiss is fairly faint and largely (if not completely) inaudible when music is playing.
- Cozoy Rei = ZERO hiss, AMAZING PAIRING
- HA-2SE = very minimal hiss, maybe at 1/5 of the level of the Mojo's hiss
- EarStudio ES100 MK2 = extremely minimal hiss, maybe at 1/10 of the level of the Mojo's hiss (note: my family hates me for my extremely sensitive ears, can literally hear like a hawk, would bet most of you couldn't even hear this).
- MacBook Pro 2018 15" headphone port = ZERO hiss, color me impressed
- Lightning-to-3.5mm dongle = extremely minimal hiss, maybe at 1/10 of the level of the Mojo's hiss

Just really weird because the Chord Mojo has an output impedance of 75 ohms, 0.075 ohms... whereas the Cozoy Rei I'm not sure about as all I can find is "Output voltage: 1 Vrms@32 OHM" on their website, head-fi, or anywhere else...

I had an identical experience with Mojo and Andromeda Gold. It has a very audible
Hiss. I also found it to be too warm for the AGs, which surprised me as I love the mojo and a warm signature.

I have found that both the Dragonfly Red and Cobalt sound great with the AG, zero to extremely slight hiss and very complimentary. That is, if you don’t mind the dongle set up.

Jan 28, 2020 at 12:51 PM Post #8,659 of 9,829
Hi, how about the 3.5mm connection from the ak380 to the Golds, is it also dead silent or is there hiss?
A very faint hiss is present - but I have to really concentrate to hear it. The only reason I know its there is if I unplug the jack and then plug it back in, there is something "just there".

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #8,662 of 9,829
Hi,

I got my Andromeda Gold about 10 days ago and really like them. They fit my left ear better than the OG. I decided to use the SpinFit CP360 tips with them which provide a great seal and comfort. I was afraid the 3.6 mm of the SpinFits would be too small but they fit (I just hope I won't ruin them whenever I need to remove them!).

As it seems to be the case with almost all Campfire Audio IEMs (?), my Gold have some chipped paint on the edges. A little disappointed with that (bought them used from here) but I was wondering if it's possible to "fix" them with some black paint somehow. They don't look terrible but I want them to be flawless visually. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #8,663 of 9,829
Hi,

I got my Andromeda Gold about 10 days ago and really like them. They fit my left ear better than the OG. I decided to use the SpinFit CP360 tips with them which provide a great seal and comfort. I was afraid the 3.6 mm of the SpinFits would be too small but they fit (I just hope I won't ruin them whenever I need to remove them!).

As it seems to be the case with almost all Campfire Audio IEMs (?), my Gold have some chipped paint on the edges. A little disappointed with that (bought them used from here) but I was wondering if it's possible to "fix" them with some black paint somehow. They don't look terrible but I want them to be flawless visually. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

I have mine since they came out — no paint chipping.

When they're not in my ears, they're in their mesh pocket and in their case (which goes everywhere with me).

Although I understand the urge to have a pair of flawless IEMs, especially for that price (not to mention some of my OCD tendencies), my advice is:

• Forget about it and enjoy them as they're absolutely tremendous.

If the paint continues to chip away, contact Campfire Audio though.

I'm pretty much certain this isn't what you expected but… if it helps :relaxed:

Feb 11, 2020 at 3:10 AM Post #8,664 of 9,829
I tried the MW10 back then with the ZX507, and to me it sounded dark and heavier on the bass. It turned out that I was wrong. The MW10 was evenly sound and transparent with the right pairing. The source I used for trying it again today was the Huawei Nova phone with its default Music app. The MW10 sounded so great with it, that I bought one soon after. It's very clear in its rendering, and balanced in its midrange. It's probably one of the best universal IEM I've heard, and the most spacious and transparent that I have. Nicely done! :)

Feb 11, 2020 at 3:42 AM Post #8,665 of 9,829
I tried the MW10 back then with the ZX507, and to me it sounded dark and heavier on the bass. It turned out that I was wrong. The MW10 was evenly sound and transparent with the right pairing. The source I used for trying it again today was the Huawei Nova phone with its default Music app. The MW10 sounded so great with it, that I bought one soon after. It's very clear in its rendering, and balanced in its midrange. It's probably one of the best universal IEM I've heard, and the most spacious and transparent that I have. Nicely done! :)
Haha knew you are going to get the MW10! I tried the ZX507 recently and can't see myself upgrading from the ZX300 as ZX300 has the edge for midrange clarity.

Feb 11, 2020 at 6:29 AM Post #8,668 of 9,829
Haha knew you are going to get the MW10! I tried the ZX507 recently and can't see myself upgrading from the ZX300 as ZX300 has the edge for midrange clarity.
Lol. I caught them both, and now I have to let one go to heal my wallet. But for the money, in spite of the difference between the normal version the MW10 makes it up with its beautiful cable and sound. Compared to the green Andromeda, the MW10 was noticeably clearer and transparent. The green sounded murkier/less resolving in comparison, though they both share the same signature. A touch warmer, and less clear in its mids overall IMO.

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2020 at 8:10 AM Post #8,669 of 9,829
Campfire Andromeda Original, 2019, S. SE: Gold & the ultimate MW10! :)

photo_2020-02-11_20-48-02.jpg

Lol. I caught them both, and now I have to let one go to heal my wallet. But for the money, in spite of the difference between the normal version the MW10 makes it up with its beautiful cable and sound. Compared to the green Andromeda, the MW10 was noticeably clearer and transparent. The green sounded murkier/less resolving in comparison, though they both share the same signature. A touch warmer, and less clear in its mids overall IMO.
Agreed. The MW10 is a world class IEM!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back