Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Feb 11, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #8,672 of 9,829
Thanks for suggesting. Really good pairing! Holographic stage & very clean midrange.
Thanks for the reply. No hiss? Also, is it going to be better than/on par with the ibasso dx160?

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2020 at 9:10 PM Post #8,676 of 9,829
Has anyone ever had ear fatigue from the 2019 Andromeda where the ear canal pulsates slightly with or without any volume? I seem to get this from larger tips, but have since been able to correct it using smaller.

Feb 11, 2020 at 9:18 PM Post #8,678 of 9,829
Has anyone ever had ear fatigue from the 2019 Andromeda where the ear canal pulsates slightly with or without any volume? I seem to get this from larger tips, but have since been able to correct it using smaller.
Never experienced it with all my Andromedas.

Has anyone tried the ALO Pure Silver Litz cable with the Andromeda SE Gold's? I bought this cables on the holiday sale and swear the high frequencies are more pronounced.
Yes, that's the sonic character of Alo Silver Litz. What tips are you using?

Feb 11, 2020 at 9:20 PM Post #8,679 of 9,829
Never experienced it with all my Andromedas.

Yes, that's the sonic character of Alo Silver Litz. What tips are you using?
I'm was using the Final Audio large silicone tips that came with them, then moved to the smaller (medium I believe) and it is better. The weird part is I don't get the same issue with the Gold or a set of Lyra II's I have.

Feb 11, 2020 at 9:41 PM Post #8,680 of 9,829
The ALO super is not only beautiful but very easy and flexible to wear. I really like it because of those. I can't really tell much sonic difference between cables, but just for pure aesthetic and comfort the ALO cable is my favourite. And especially paired with MW10, they're inseparable. :)

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2020 at 10:01 PM Post #8,681 of 9,829
I'm was using the Final Audio large silicone tips that came with them, then moved to the smaller (medium I believe) and it is better. The weird part is I don't get the same issue with the Gold or a set of Lyra II's I have.
Interesting.

The ALO silver is not only beautiful but very easy and flexible to wear. I really like it because of those. I can't really tell much sonic difference between cables, but just for pure aesthetic and comfort the ALO cable is my favourite. And especially paired with MW10, they're inseparable. :)
The ALO silver is so flexible. Love it!

Feb 12, 2020 at 6:34 AM Post #8,682 of 9,829
0 Main.jpeg
Campfire Audio Andromeda S review

Of course, this limited model is already sold out, but we've decided to dedicate a retrospective review to it anyway. Andromeda S is still worth attention even bought used

English: https://porta.fi/campfire-audio-antromeda-s-glitter-of-steel/
Russian: https://porta.fi/ru/obzor-campfire-audio-andromeda-s-zerkalnyj-blesk-stali/

Feb 13, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #8,683 of 9,829
Its probably been answered elsewhere, but would be grateful for opinions on whether one should go for the standard 2019 Andros or the S version for my case usage: orchestral classical and chamber mostly. Driven by iBasso Dx220 with amp1 MKII and amp4S. I already have the IE800S and Xelento and am therefore looking for something different: a non-warm IEM with largest soundstage, and highest clarity and transparency possible. Have the opportunity of being either at same price, so cost not a factor. Would be grateful for opinions on S vs Greens in this scenario. Many thanks!

Feb 13, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #8,684 of 9,829
Its probably been answered elsewhere, but would be grateful for opinions on whether one should go for the standard 2019 Andros or the S version for my case usage: orchestral classical and chamber mostly. Driven by iBasso Dx220 with amp1 MKII and amp4S. I already have the IE800S and Xelento and am therefore looking for something different: a non-warm IEM with largest soundstage, and highest clarity and transparency possible. Have the opportunity of being either at same price, so cost not a factor. Would be grateful for opinions on S vs Greens in this scenario. Many thanks!
The OG has a larger apparent soundstage than the S, so I think it would be better suited for orchestral music.

Feb 14, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #8,685 of 9,829
Go for the Green!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back