Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jan 31, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #6,677 of 9,829
I agree on the convenience of foams. Too much setup time. But if you're not going to remove them for a longer period (this is what exacerbates the condensation issue) then maybe it's not a big deal to spend an extra minute to put them on.

However, condensation will be a problem with any metal IEM. Aluminium housing IEMs should have an even bigger problem because Al is about twice as thermally conductive as steel. For a while I had both the green Andromeda (now with a friend) and the S, and the Green would build up water on the nozzle even faster. The Solaris has an aluminium outer shell with a steel spout (similar to the original Andromeda). Maybe the brown coating they put on the shell reduces the heat conductivity, but if it doesn't, condensation should still be forming somewhere. One advantage I see with the Andro is that at least the condensation forms at the entrance and not inside the shell.
Literally killing my dreams, man. I read through a lot of pages in here and didn't notice anything about condensation. Sigh. Guess we'll see how it goes. At least I'll have condensation with a bigger soundstage.

Oh had.. and also, my Dunu IEMs are made of metal and have never had condensation. Any idea why?

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #6,680 of 9,829
Literally killing my dreams, man. I read through a lot of pages in here and didn't notice anything about condensation. Sigh. Guess we'll see how it goes. At least I'll have condensation with a bigger soundstage.

Oh had.. and also, my Dunu IEMs are made of metal and have never had condensation. Any idea why?
Lol, that's funny!

No need to get bummed out. My scientific theories have been proved wrong before.

More importantly, there have been no reports of Solaris blowing up, so I'm sure you'll be fine. Even if the condensation occurs inside the case, it obviously doesn't hurt all that much. Of course, Dry Caddy will tell you otherwise.

About your Dunus, my guess is that the case makes contact with your skin, which keeps the temperature more even. (even though the Andromeda sits pretty flush to my head, it makes almost no physical contact with my ear, it's just the silicon tip holding it in place.. and the memory wire)

Jan 31, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #6,681 of 9,829
Jan 31, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #6,682 of 9,829
Lol, that's funny!

No need to get bummed out. My scientific theories have been proved wrong before.

More importantly, there have been no reports of Solaris blowing up, so I'm sure you'll be fine. Even if the condensation occurs inside the case, it obviously doesn't hurt all that much. Of course, Dry Caddy will tell you otherwise.

About your Dunus, my guess is that the case makes contact with your skin, which keeps the temperature more even. (even though the Andromeda sits pretty flush to my head, it makes almost no physical contact with my ear, it's just the silicon tip holding it in place.. and the memory wire)
Thanks! I feel like the Andromeda did touch my ear, though. It probably doesn't make a huge difference with one massive side being exposed to the elements though. Perhaps someone should develop a heated IEM sleeve lol.

Either way I'm sure I'll be happy.

Feb 1, 2019 at 4:07 AM Post #6,684 of 9,829
does anyone know where to get a colored pair? trying to find the blue one or even white, but can't find them anywhere :/
Those were limited runs, so you can only get them preowned now. I guess you can check the marketplace subforum here.

Feb 1, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #6,687 of 9,829
I read somewhere that Andro S apart from improved vocals is also more clear and bright than the original.Anyone who heard both to chime in?

Only difference is the mids driver. Makes the mids a bit more prominent. Some found the mids a bit recessed in the original Andro, though was never a dealbreaker for me. Subjectively, the more prominent mids make the S seem to have less treble. Even though the driver for the highs remains the same.

Feb 1, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #6,688 of 9,829
Only difference is the mids driver. Makes the mids a bit more prominent. Some found the mids a bit recessed in the original Andro, though was never a dealbreaker for me. Subjectively, the more prominent mids make the S seem to have less treble. Even though the driver for the highs remains the same.

Thanks for reply,i know about the reworked mid driver but wondering if maybe different housing material played a role also.I would assume the green one to be a bit warmer/musical side from impressions,since the S version is more neutral and analytical and based from what i read on the tonal difference the material makes on the AK daps,specifically SP1000SS vs SP1000cu vsSP1000M.Btw here is the review https://unwire.hk/2019/02/01/campfire-audio-andromeda-s/mobile-music/

Feb 1, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #6,689 of 9,829
Thanks for reply,i know about the reworked mid driver but wondering if maybe different housing material played a role also.I would assume the green one to be a bit warmer/musical side from impressions,since the S version is more neutral and analytical and based from what i read on the tonal difference the material makes on the AK daps,specifically SP1000SS vs SP1000cu vsSP1000M.Btw here is the review https://unwire.hk/2019/02/01/campfire-audio-andromeda-s/mobile-music/
This is a 400+ page thread. So you'll find the answers you are looking for by using the search function. Both are ecxcellent. There is no wrong choice here. If slightly recessed mids bother you, get the S. If you like a smidge more treble emphasis get the original. Both are great.

Feb 2, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #6,690 of 9,829
Listened to the Solaris again today (only my second time) and I was not impressed. Even with the SP1000 on Bal, it was too dark for my taste (sounded somewhat noisy and congested). This is of course a very personal thing.

It might also be that my brain has calibrated itself to the sound of the Andromeda S and that is what it recognizes as correct.

I'm just posting to let my Androbrothers (there are no sisters, let's be honest) know that they are not crazy if the prefer the Andromeda. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back