Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Dec 19, 2018 at 7:00 AM Post #6,436 of 9,829
Which comply tips ? type ?
have to admit, the tip I am using daily is from my Silicon TFZ IEM.. Big Bore, not making my ear canal itchy...

Foam tips sound good but irritate my ears to (am always pushing and twisting them to stay in), so thought I'd try the T8iE tips. They feel more secure and the sound is snappier and brighter, time will tell if I stick with them.

20181219_114357.jpg 20181219_114441.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2018 at 8:41 AM Post #6,437 of 9,829
Which comply tips ? type ?
have to admit, the tip I am using daily is from my Silicon TFZ IEM.. Big Bore, not making my ear canal itchy... no coloring in SQ, IMO...
Hi. The Comfort Ts-400. Perfectly comfortable, get the multi pack and experiment and try a smaller size.

Dec 21, 2018 at 8:23 AM Post #6,438 of 9,829
I noticed most people don't like memory wires on Andromeda and any IEMs , me either.

But from my observation , memory wires may serve as cable protection from over bending or sharp bending which damage the strand of copper conductors in the long run ? Just some thought …

Dec 21, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #6,439 of 9,829
I noticed most people don't like memory wires on Andromeda and any IEMs , me either.

But from my observation , memory wires may serve as cable protection from over bending or sharp bending which damage the strand of copper conductors in the long run ? Just some thought …
Memory wire is not just for wrapping around ear; you can shape it 3D to change angle comfort and fit. That's how I use it anyway.

Dec 22, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #6,440 of 9,829
Does anyone else have a problem with the screws on the Andromeda digging into their tragus? I currently have wrapped them with duct tape, but i'm thinking of dropping a drop of clear epoxy onto the screws to cover the sharp edges. Why would they design them like that?
tape.jpg

Dec 22, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #6,441 of 9,829
Does anyone else have a problem with the screws on the Andromeda digging into their tragus? I currently have wrapped them with duct tape, but i'm thinking of dropping a drop of clear epoxy onto the screws to cover the sharp edges. Why would they design them like that?

Damn, that's one quick way to de-beautify the Andros. I have no problem with the case design, in fact it fits my ears best out of everything I've tried out there. Would you mind posting a picture of how they sit in your ears?

As a fix I would go with wax (as in candle wax), should be smoother than other materials and easy to remove if needed. Could also be a really dumb idea for reasons I haven't considered/

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #6,442 of 9,829
Damn, that's one quick way to de-beautify the Andros. I have no problem with the case design, in fact it fits my ears best out of everything I've tried out there. Would you mind posting a picture of how they sit in your ears?

As a fix I would go with wax (as in candle wax), should be smoother than other materials and easy to remove if needed. Could also be a really dumb idea for reasons I haven't considered/
Yeah, I agree about the dumb idea part, I just don't think wax is resilient. Ill post pic in a few

Dec 22, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #6,444 of 9,829
Dang, that sucks. I've actually never worn anything more comfortable than the Andromedas. When I first purchased them, I thought the sharp edges would cut into my ear, but they are unbelievably comfortable. They're the only pair of headphones I've been able to wear for longer than a couple of hours without causing significant discomfort.

Dec 22, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #6,445 of 9,829

Can't say I've had that problem either, Andros fit pretty comfortably for me. Sounds like a shallower fit (maybe with larger tips) might help you.

Dec 22, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #6,446 of 9,829

@szore , I have a lot of trouble with the Andromeda's fit as well, especially the sharp edges digging into my ear as I am very sensitive. The fix for that I have found was to use bigger eartips so I got a good seal with an extreme shallow fit. The shell is no longer pressing against my ear and comfort is much improved.

This may not be the best place to mention it, but the Andromeda does a few design 'quirks' that can be very problematic depending on usage case which are not mentioned enough.

1) Fit with large shell design and sharp edges. They may be wearable without discomfort once you get the right fit, but comfort can definitely be an issue for many people. There are tons of more ergonomic options on the market.
2) Extremely sensitive so will hiss and pick up the noise floor on the majority of gear.
3) Sound signature varies drastically depending on source impedenance, and many people prefer the sound signature on a higher impedenance source, but typically, a lower impedance source is ideal for the rest of your gear. So may need dedicated source for the Andromeda vs rest of your gear.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #6,447 of 9,829

So this is the problem:.....
2.JPG
1.JPG

Dec 22, 2018 at 4:21 PM Post #6,450 of 9,829
Wierd earshape for you definitely. Mine has no pinch points at all and fits like a CIEM
I know the CA symbol is supposed to be vertical, let me play around with it. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back