Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Aug 15, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #5,611 of 9,829
I asked @malvinviriya to measure the Andromeda demo at Zeppelin and Co., as well as my Andromeda S. When we were wrapping up, we ran into a dude with an Andromeda (plus a Double Helix cable and red Telos Audio stickers). The dude swore the Telos Audio stickers made his Andromeda sound better.

Anyway, here we are:

Campfire Audio Andromeda (Zeppelin and Co. demo)

Campfire Audio Andromeda S

Campfire Audio Andromeda (with Double Helix cable and red Telos Audio stickers)

Not sure how to feel about those stickers, really.

So the sticker turned the green Andro into a Andro S? :thinking:

Assuming the measurements are accurate, it just proves that 100% consistency in manufacturing is not possible in this scenario . His Andro, your Andro, my Andro will always have that marginal difference. Likewise for our ears.

Aug 15, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #5,612 of 9,829
I think i'll add a few stickers to my DAPs so I can get more power out of them...

Aug 15, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #5,613 of 9,829
Wow, those Andro S look nice. I see on the website it says "back order" but I can add to cart and pay. Is that basically pre-ordering?

Also, what cables have folks found good synergy with Andro in the <$500 range?

Aug 15, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #5,614 of 9,829
Wow, those Andro S look nice. I see on the website it says "back order" but I can add to cart and pay. Is that basically pre-ordering?

Also, what cables have folks found good synergy with Andro in the <$500 range?
I like the Campfire SXC 8. The only downside is that it is a bit stiff and heavy. But it really improves the bass and smooths out the highs.

Aug 15, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #5,615 of 9,829
I asked @malvinviriya to measure the Andromeda demo at Zeppelin and Co., as well as my Andromeda S. When we were wrapping up, we ran into a dude with an Andromeda (plus a Double Helix cable and red Telos Audio stickers). The dude swore the Telos Audio stickers made his Andromeda sound better.

Anyway, here we are:

Campfire Audio Andromeda (Zeppelin and Co. demo)

Campfire Audio Andromeda S

Campfire Audio Andromeda (with Double Helix cable and red Telos Audio stickers)

Not sure how to feel about those stickers, really.

So what do these charts say? Sorry I am a noob to all these. Thanks :)

Aug 15, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #5,616 of 9,829
For lazy guys
sT9B543.gif

Aug 15, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #5,617 of 9,829
I like the Campfire SXC 8. The only downside is that it is a bit stiff and heavy. But it really improves the bass and smooths out the highs.

Thanks! I'm not a fan of 8 wire for the reasons you mentioned. Probably will go with HeadphoneLounge which I've found to have best price/performance if I get the Andro S. Only hesitation is my reasons are more visual with the new SS design LOL.

Aug 15, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #5,619 of 9,829
I may be in the minority here but I think Andro looks kind of tacky in chrome / SS.. perhaps the pics don't do justice though.. I still like the original green best, it is elegantly understated to me.

I don't know, I like it. Matches my smile:

Teeth-Grillz---Silver-7412753_1.jpg

Aug 15, 2018 at 3:00 PM Post #5,620 of 9,829
LOL

Aug 16, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #5,623 of 9,829
How are the Andros with the final audio e tips

I just got a set of Final Audio E eartips yesterday and they were good, but not any better than the other options I've used (SpinFit, Spiral Dots, Symbios, etc).

I came to the conclusion that I'm done experimenting with new eartips since as long as I can get a good seal and the bore is reasonable wide, the difference in sound isn't that great to my ears.

I ended up switching back to the Spiral Dots for now.

Aug 16, 2018 at 7:32 PM Post #5,624 of 9,829
I just got a set of Final Audio E eartips yesterday and they were good, but not any better than the other options I've used (SpinFit, Spiral Dots, Symbios, etc).

I came to the conclusion that I'm done experimenting with new eartips since as long as I can get a good seal and the bore is reasonable wide, the difference in sound isn't that great to my ears.

I ended up switching back to the Spiral Dots for now.

I agree! After trying all the Spin Fits (single and dual flange), Sony Hybrids, Comply, RHA dual flange, Penon, CA foam, CA silicon, various off brand from Amazon for Powerbeats, Symbio W, and Spiral Dot, I found that wide bore was the most pleasing sounding for me and the Spiral Dor was the most comfortable!

Aug 16, 2018 at 8:58 PM Post #5,625 of 9,829
For me I like the CA foams. Don't get enough bass, but the perfect details. Feels like 2 twitters without any subwoofer, but I can EQ when I am in 'bass' mood.

BTW, is it safe for the Andro to play straight from laptops, specially with high impedance devices? Not all time I carry the cable and DAC but Andro is the only earphone in my pocket...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back