Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jul 29, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #5,461 of 9,829
Not with it to my sound preference. The sweet spot to me is 1.5-2.5 ohms where the 6G is 1.7 OI while the Sony DAPs are about 1 ohm or less while AK DAPs are around 3 ohms or more
It might be a lot about sound preferences. Especially highly sensitive IEMs like Andromeda might differ even more soundwise depending on actual OI. Anyway, thank you for the comparison :)

Jul 29, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #5,462 of 9,829
I recall reading something about a second Andromeda version, but couldn't find out what the differences are.
Is there an Andromeda v1 and v2? What changed?

Seems mine finally shipped today, so perhaps I'll get the mid next week.

Just in case somebody else is wondering about Anromeda's versions I've tried to make a simple picture example from info I've found on the internet, hope it helps :)
And_v.png

Jul 29, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #5,464 of 9,829
After two months of removing the stock silicone tips periodically to wipe off condensation, the inner tube on one of them has become too loose to create a proper vacuum seal, making that side louder than the other. Now, the center sounds as if it's shifted 15 degrees to the left. Hot water hasn't helped shrink it, although I haven't tried boiling water yet.

Would not recommend.

Jul 30, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #5,465 of 9,829
After two months of removing the stock silicone tips periodically to wipe off condensation, the inner tube on one of them has become too loose to create a proper vacuum seal, making that side louder than the other. Now, the center sounds as if it's shifted 15 degrees to the left. Hot water hasn't helped shrink it, although I haven't tried boiling water yet.

Would not recommend.

Do you mean the silicone tip? That's an easy fix, get new tips.

Jul 30, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #5,470 of 9,829
I bought it.
I figured that it has a good re-selling price point, and so does my Andromeda, so I won't be losing too much.

Looking forward to it then. A lot of the reviews on here you see " soandso provided me X for my unbiased review". I know they say unbiased but if they ever want to get any more donated gear, I think they have to be more than favorable.

Also I am thinking about getting that myself next. Or the Vegas.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2018 at 12:36 PM Post #5,471 of 9,829
Looking forward to it then. A lot of the reviews on here you see " soandso provided me X for my unbiased review". I know they say unbiased but if they ever want to get any more donated gear, I think they have to be more than favorable.

Also I am thinking about getting that myself next. Or the Vegas.

It’s refreshing to see the occasional person who bought the product themselves and give it a 2/5 because of some deal breakers.

Jul 30, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #5,472 of 9,829
Are these really bad through iPhone X lightning adapter as folk seem to suggest? I always thought a low output impedance was the ideal, sub 1 ohm. Debating these or the MD K10ua. Don't really want to have a piggyback solution again. Thanks.

Jul 30, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #5,473 of 9,829
Are these really bad through iPhone X lightning adapter as folk seem to suggest? I always thought a low output impedance was the ideal, sub 1 ohm. Debating these or the MD K10ua. Don't really want to have a piggyback solution again. Thanks.

I use mine through just the iphone X and they sound amazing. I have also tried them through a pioneer elite receiver, and 2017 macbook pro 15" and older ipod nano. I don't hear much difference between any of the sources. Maybe slight differences but nothing some people on here seem to notice between portable DAPs and phones. The biggest difference is with the tips. I actually prefer the bloated bass sound I get with the gel tips. Apple has always made quality audio gear. I haven't read anything to the contrary about the dongle quality.

The one really cool thing I found is you can adjust the volume scale. You can limit the max volume so you can actually use the entire slider with the Andros. Without doing that trick, you can only get to half volume without it getting ear splitting loud due to the sensitivity.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #5,474 of 9,829

It’s pretty bad. Imo, Andro sound better with higher impedance. I think I have 2.5 Ohms with IEMatch.

Jul 30, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #5,475 of 9,829

Check this post right here. Someone did a ton of tests on the dongle. Note they said the dongle is great with multi driver BA IEMs especially.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/wha...-ipad-ipod-touch.627111/page-20#post-12872457

Users who are viewing this thread

Back