Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jul 28, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #5,449 of 9,829
Are you saying we need more BAs to get the full detailed and the wow bass?

Fourte only has 3 BAs and 1 DD BTW. IMO, Andromeda's bass output is perfect for me. If I want more bass, I just swap my Vegas and jam.

Jul 29, 2018 at 1:28 AM Post #5,450 of 9,829
Testing my pure copper cable today (custom UPOCC cable with Furutech connector):

Love the bass response. Clearer vocals too. My setup is TIDAL + Cayin N5ii (high gain) + IEMatch (2.5 ohms) + UPOCC cable + Andromeda + stock marshmallow tips.

7BBA2A2D-2EC4-43DE-9F8A-68AA56130F3C.jpeg

Tried pure silver with the Andromeda although it sounded very resolving with a wide soundstage, but it sounded a bit thin and lacking bass quantity. I’m still getting the stock cable’s memory wire removed so I can’t comment on it yet atm. Pure copper is the way to go if you want to increase the bass/lower midrange of the Andromeda.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2018 at 3:27 AM Post #5,451 of 9,829
Are you saying we need more BAs to get the full detailed and the wow bass?

Nope, BA usually has more apparent details for me compared to DD, however it is not as natural sounding, normally BA bass has short decay that can sound a little thin.

Andromeda does not sound thin to me but DD bass is just more meaty albeit losing a little speed.

In general bass is affected like this due to the driver.

BA: short decay, very fast, apparent detail.
DD: fuller sounding, more natural decay, less speed.

Implementation is key, but driver itself needs to interact with housing, etc. This is where it gets complicated. At one point there will be some limitations.

As Others pointed out, Legend X and Tia Fourte are hybrids.
Sometimes rather than spending too much time tuning the BA, just use DD for the meaty part and BA for the details in other frequencies.
Trade off on this is the price, LOL

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #5,453 of 9,829
Testing my pure copper cable today (custom UPOCC cable with Furutech connector):

Love the bass response. Clearer vocals too. My setup is TIDAL + Cayin N5ii (high gain) + IEMatch (2.5 ohms) + UPOCC cable + Andromeda + stock marshmallow tips.

Tried pure silver with the Andromeda although it sounded very resolving with a wide soundstage, but it sounded a bit thin and lacking bass quantity. I’m still getting the stock cable’s memory wire removed so I can’t comment on it yet atm. Pure copper is the way to go if you want to increase the bass/lower midrange of the Andromeda.

Can you give a store link of the UPOCC cable you used?

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #5,454 of 9,829
Jul 29, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #5,455 of 9,829
Change your source. On my WM1Z, I literally had to drop the lower frequencies in the equaliser. But on my AK70MK2, I had to use Comply tips to get the bass up.

This is the main reason I prefer my iPod Touch 6G over "audiophile" grade source when used with Andromeda only. iPod Touch 6G hits the sweet spot to my ears where Andromeda's bass is the most dynamic, i.e. will show very deep, full grunt and long decay on heavy bass songs while also showing that super fast bass decay with excellent texture on rock songs, etc.

Jul 29, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #5,456 of 9,829
This is the main reason I prefer my iPod Touch 6G over "audiophile" grade source when used with Andromeda only. iPod Touch 6G hits the sweet spot to my ears where Andromeda's bass is the most dynamic, i.e. will show very deep, full grunt and long decay on heavy bass songs while also showing that super fast bass decay with excellent texture on rock songs, etc.
iPod Touch 6G is a step up in sound comparing to iPhone 8/X?

Jul 29, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #5,457 of 9,829
Andromedas are probably like the most sensitive IEMs in regards to source, cables and tips. Once you get it right though, it’s sweet, sweet music :)

Jul 29, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #5,458 of 9,829
iPod Touch 6G is a step up in sound comparing to iPhone 8/X?

When used with Andromeda only, it’s a huge step up over the lighting to 3.5mm adapter that the 8/X come. But the difference is less when used with DD driver such as Vega.

Jul 29, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #5,460 of 9,829
I was wondering mainly about Andromeda. I though the dongle low OI could be somehow beneficial when paired with Andromeda, but maybe it isn't.

Not with it to my sound preference. The sweet spot to me is 1.5-2.5 ohms where the 6G is 1.7 OI while the Sony DAPs are about 1 ohm or less while AK DAPs are around 3 ohms or more

Users who are viewing this thread

Back