Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jul 26, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #5,416 of 9,829
HI all I'm thinking of getting the JVC spiral dots, I'm currently using the final e tips as it provides me with the best comfort, but I think I want a little more treble and maybe mids too!

I'm using the second largest one which is the L on the final e tips, which sizes should I get on the JVC spiral dots?

Thx

Jul 26, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #5,418 of 9,829
I was looking around at the same thing and seems the Atlas is close but still some people said the Andro still had some benefits to them over it.

Atlas is nowhere close. It does have the punch in the sub-bass, but it does not have the same mid-range or treble. Andro's mid-range as much more full and the treble is more extended + present. They're literally like yin & yang of each other. Not saying one is better than the other.

Jul 26, 2018 at 10:40 AM Post #5,419 of 9,829
I was looking around at the same thing and seems the Atlas is close but still some people said the Andro still had some benefits to them over it.

I've heard similar things.
At the moment I'm wondering if I can just use the JetEffect 7 settings on my Cowon Plenue R DAP to get the desired bass.
I also like the idea of not have to wear something over-ear, so I like the Atlas because of that.
One thing I appreciate about the Andromeda is how forward the mids are, but the Atlas is said to be a more of a V-shaped sound signature.

Jul 26, 2018 at 10:43 AM Post #5,420 of 9,829
Atlas is nowhere close. It does have the punch in the sub-bass, but it does not have the same mid-range or treble. Andro's mid-range as much more full and the treble is more extended + present. They're literally like yin & yang of each other. Not saying one is better than the other.

What do you think is like a more sub-bass Andro? Probably nothing huh

Jul 26, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #5,421 of 9,829
What do you think is like a more sub-bass Andro? Probably nothing huh

If you can tell me one, I'll buy it. I've been looking for one myself. I miss the sub-bass on my Roxanne II and Atlas. Luckily I have the Bravado.

Closest thing I've heard is the Earsonic ES5 but it lacks the fluidity (sounds corny I know) of the Andromedas.

Jul 26, 2018 at 10:48 AM Post #5,422 of 9,829
If you can tell me one, I'll buy it. I've been looking for one myself. I miss the sub-bass on my Roxanne II and Atlas. Luckily I have the Bravado.

Closest thing I've heard is the Earsonic ES5 but it lacks the fluidity (sounds corny I know) of the Andromedas.

Ever heard the Legend X? Seems that is posted as #1 a lot in the "rate the IEMs you heard" thread. I haven't heard it.

Jul 26, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #5,423 of 9,829
Ever heard the Legend X? Seems that is posted as #1 a lot in the "rate the IEMs you heard" thread. I haven't heard it.

Yes, I have. I like it better than the Andromeda, but it does not have the same full midrange. Imo, it definitely sounds better though in terms of resolution and energy (it's a slight V-shape). The Andromeda sounds very good but it's a little too balanced and sounds a little too polite at times for me...Legend X is like 2-2.5x the price though =P. Actually, if you mention it, I'd think the Legend X is a good compromise between the Andromeda and Atlas. The Andromeda is just so fussy about the source, cable, tips, insertion, etc.

Jul 26, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #5,424 of 9,829
Yes, I have. I like it better than the Andromeda, but it does not have the same full midrange. Imo, it definitely sounds better though in terms of resolution and energy (it's a slight V-shape). The Andromeda sounds very good but it's a little too balanced and sounds a little too polite at times for me...Legend X is like 2-2.5x the price though =P. Actually, if you mention it, I'd think the Legend X is a good compromise between the Andromeda and Atlas. The Andromeda is just so fussy about the source, cable, tips, insertion, etc.

Would you describe the Atlas as a V-shape signature?

Jul 26, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #5,425 of 9,829

2.5K is just too rich for my blood. The rest of my life isn't up to 2.5K IEM standards lol.

Jul 26, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #5,426 of 9,829
Would you describe the Atlas as a V-shape signature?

IeSZyRh.jpg

Source: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/crinacles-iem-fr-measurement-database-29-06-update.830062/

It is. But surprisingly, the vocals were not drowned out for me. Very clear still, just further back. So it felt like a live performance :) It was very nice. I prefer it over the Andro actually and would have kept it if it were not for the fit (I have small ears). They were heavy on my ears after awhile. I might buy it again one day :)

2.5K is just too rich for my blood. The rest of my life isn't up to 2.5K IEM standards lol.

You and me both!

Jul 26, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #5,427 of 9,829

I absolutely agree with this, I was ABing them extensively and came out the shop with The Andromeda.

Legend X is great but it is so expensive, and is v shaped.
I think what you want is probably the 64 audio Tia fourte, which is even more expensive than the legend x.
I would never spend this kind of money on an IEM as sound stage will always be compromised and inferior to full-size, but that is your call of course.

Jul 26, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #5,428 of 9,829

Source: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/crinacles-iem-fr-measurement-database-29-06-update.830062/

It is. But surprisingly, the vocals were not drowned out for me. Very clear still, just further back. So it felt like a live performance :) It was very nice. I prefer it over the Andro actually and would have kept it if it were not for the fit (I have small ears). They were heavy on my ears after awhile. I might buy it again one day :)

You and me both!

I actually have small ears as well!
This is one of my gripes with the Andromeda -- the housings stick out quite a bit from my ear canal and I find myself adjusting them every now and then.
I was hoping that the shape of the Atlas would prove to be a better fit for small ears.

Jul 26, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #5,429 of 9,829
I actually have small ears as well!
This is one of my gripes with the Andromeda -- the housings stick out quite a bit from my ear canal and I find myself adjusting them every now and then.
I was hoping that the shape of the Atlas would prove to be a better fit for small ears.

You and me seem to have the same problem! Get the MandrinES Symbio W or Spinfit CP100. Both allow closer insertion and better isolation. I prefer the Symbio though because of better isolation, but imo, the Spinfits have better bass.

Jul 26, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #5,430 of 9,829
You and me seem to have the same problem! Get the MandrinES Symbio W or Spinfit CP100. Both allow closer insertion and better isolation. I prefer the Symbio though because of better isolation, but imo, the Spinfits have better bass.

I like that I'm not alone! So the Andromeda is a better fit for smaller ears than the Atlas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back