Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Apr 29, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #4,951 of 9,829
39925F9B-D228-4928-BB16-A7414E356496.jpeg

I’m not a cable believer myself but I use the EA Lionheart with Psquare plug for my Andromeda due to ergonomics and of course the looks

Apr 29, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #4,953 of 9,829
^ Not towards me I think, but I don’t like the ergonomics of the memory wire from any Alo Audio cable with memory wire since it puts unnecessary tension to my Andromeda thus losing seal from occasional walking.

However, I am interested with the Campfire Atlas’s pure silver cable as it doesn’t have the memory wire and is just as smooth and flexible as my EA cable whereas the Litz and the other ALO cable can be a bit stiff sometimes

Apr 29, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #4,954 of 9,829
Silver cables are know to increases the top end more than copper or silver plated copper. For example for the LCD-X I use the Black Dragon which keeps the top end under control. I found that the Silver Dragon made my W50 unbearable as the top end was too bright. For that reason I wouldn't think of trying it again with the Andromeda since it's a BA like the W50.

I've purchased the Ref8 and SXC balanced and found the the SXC is great match for the Andromeda and Vega. The only downside to the SXC8 is that the cable is much thicker than the Ref8.
Yeah the ref8 is good, but I did buy a plussound cable that will be replacing it. Cant wait. I havent tried the SXC.

Apr 29, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #4,955 of 9,829
What do you think about the Reference 8 for Andromeda? It is worth over the Litz…?

Ref 8 made a noticeable SQ difference vs stock Litz for me, took Andro to next level of clarity and bass. Although the ergonomics is not great, it's a bit stiff and slightly microphonic.

Apr 30, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #4,957 of 9,829
I purchased the plussound exo 4 braid gold plated silver. It is a little confusing as I couldnt find any sound characteristics between the cables but I know I like silver the most. I am eager to hear what a little gold in the equation will sound like. Ill let you know. Another month probably until delivery.

May 1, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #4,959 of 9,829
7C2B7851-091A-4AF9-836A-98886DA02E86.jpeg
I would like to know your thoughts regarding the Lionheart with the Andromeda and how did you get the psquared plug as I couldn’t find an option for it. Thanks!

I liked the ergonomics of the EA cables that it doesn’t tangle and the wires slides perfectly to my ears. As for sound, I did a quick sighted A/B with the stock and find the bass and treble are a tiny bit more refined. Also, soundstage a tiny bit wider and imaging is a tiny bit more focused. To be honest I bought it for looks and the Psquare plug novelty by using the Bespoke option and mention in writing that you want a PSquared plug instead of the rhodium or gold plugs.

May 2, 2018 at 9:18 PM Post #4,960 of 9,829
Good day everyone,
I just purchased a used b-stock Audio Campfire Jupiter.
Impressions are good, but I was wondering how the Andromeda compares?

Specifically, is it brighter and/or harsher than the Jupiter?
Also, are the mids similar? More/less forward, aggressive?

Any impressions would be appreciated.
Thanks!

May 2, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #4,961 of 9,829
New member to Campfire club - just placed an order for Andromredas to replace my Westone W40. I wanted something closer to my LCD-X/XC. Planning on using the Andromedas with the ALO lightning cable and other times with a Mojo.

May 3, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #4,963 of 9,829
I wish I spent the money on the andromeda rather than the polaris, hearing how much of a difference it is. Don't get me wrong, I love the polaris but it is a tad too bassy imo and I want that holographic sound everyone's raving about.

May 3, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #4,964 of 9,829
Please help fellow headfiers .. I'm wondering if the Andromeda is more mid-forward than the Jupiter?

The mids on the Jupiter seem too forward for my liking.

May 3, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #4,965 of 9,829
Even though I'm not using IEMs as much as I used to do, Andromeda always outshines every opponent when I make comparisons side by side.
I was thinking of selling it because of my general lack of usage of IEMs, then my mind told me that I will regret if I do. It was polarizing XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back