Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
May 4, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #4,966 of 9,829
Is it worth waiting to see if they are releasing another special edition with CK finish or just jump right in now? I know they also extended the nozzle for the CK Pacific Blue so...

May 4, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #4,968 of 9,829
They extended the nozzle on the Andromeda Blue? I didn't realize that.
Yup, hence why I'm waiting for another special edition and I think it's also hand polished.

May 6, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #4,971 of 9,829
I've here the LG V30 which I compared to my iPhone X with the Campfire Audio Andromeda (+ cable Reference 8).
I must admit that I'm a bit disappointed about the sound quality of the LG V30: it sounds almost the same as – or just a (very) little bit better than the iPhone!?
I would say that maybe I prefer the iPhone because (because of the IEM?) it seems to sound with more "air". Is this… possible?!

May 6, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #4,975 of 9,829
I got mine a while ago. Really wished mine had the extended nozzle. However the nozzle from the Polaris is my favourite.
So I assume it's version 1 rather than version 2?

May 6, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #4,977 of 9,829
If anyone has both an Ear Buddy/iEMatch and a 20 ohm impedance adapter, could you try using them together?

The UE Buffer Jack narrows the soundstage and makes the audio sound dry to me when used alone, but I've noticed that when I add the 20 ohm adapter between my sources and the Buffer Jack, it restores the treble air. I'm unsure whether this is because the Buffer Jack is meant to be used with higher-impedance sources or because the adapter happens to interact with the Buffer Jack in a way that sounds pleasing to my ears, and I'd llke to know how the adapter interacts with other voltage splitters.

May 7, 2018 at 7:58 AM Post #4,978 of 9,829
I've here the LG V30 which I compared to my iPhone X with the Campfire Audio Andromeda (+ cable Reference 8).
I must admit that I'm a bit disappointed about the sound quality of the LG V30: it sounds almost the same as – or just a (very) little bit better than the iPhone!?
I would say that maybe I prefer the iPhone because (because of the IEM?) it seems to sound with more "air". Is this… possible?!
how are you connecting to the iphone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back