Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Dec 14, 2016 at 6:53 PM Post #3,377 of 9,829
Just want to echo my agreement on this.

Have the Andro as well as a WM1A and Mojo, and the WM1A is far superior pairing for the Andromeda.
but no tidal integration makes it a no buy for a lot of us

Dec 14, 2016 at 7:41 PM Post #3,378 of 9,829
For me I am still buying hardcopy CDs for Japanese songs so I don't use Tidal.

Dec 14, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #3,379 of 9,829
but no tidal integration makes it a no buy for a lot of us

my question is do you use tidal on the go? I don't....and if I have enough time to get connected to wifi and listen...wouldn't rather listen to the alo cdm kkkkk don't think dap can beat it even with the onboard dac, though I prefer to use an external balanced dac.

Dec 14, 2016 at 8:03 PM Post #3,380 of 9,829
I listen to it almost exclusively on the go. So yes any device I'd consider for the Andromedas would need to have it. Still haven't found anything yet that works with them yet though.

Dec 14, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #3,382 of 9,829
Just want to echo my agreement on this.

Have the Andro as well as a WM1A and Mojo, and the WM1A is far superior pairing for the Andromeda.

Do you mean it's sonically better in all aspects or that it has better synergy. I'be heard amazing things about the Sony on balanced (not SE), and given how I find the mojo to be pretty much top of the portable game before the sony's came, I'm wondering if the Sony is really really THAT good :)

Dec 14, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #3,383 of 9,829
Well I really like the mojo, but it does not excel in its pairing with the andro. On technicalities in general the mojo is probably similar or slightly behind but the tonality and blacker background of the Sony blows it away in this particular pairing.

The Mojo perhaps inches ahead on depth of sound stage and layering is as good if not very slightly better than the Sony 1A (although I am told these are both better on the far too expensive for me 1Z).

This conclusion may not apply to any other iem. In fact I wish I had a less sensitive and less difficult to match iem that I loved as much as the Andromeda!

Dec 14, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #3,384 of 9,829
I find andros very source dependent and more than technicalities its more about getting the right pairing. The ALO CDM really sounds amazing with the andros and I don't mind the output impedance less than 1 ohm.....just wow

Dec 14, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #3,385 of 9,829
How do the Andro fans feel against the Vega if they've tried both? Have the vega and am smitten but am so curious about the Andro in comparison

Dec 14, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #3,386 of 9,829
Found a new use for my Andromeda. Plugged them into my home system just to check how they'd sound for movies. Even with movies they sound fantastic. I tried my 846's first, but they were too dark to enjoy. 

Dec 15, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #3,387 of 9,829
Hi - has anyone in the UK bought the Andromeda's and if so where did you buy them from?

Am keen to buy but haven't seen them on any UK / Euro sites for purchase.

Does one purchase them direct from Campfire?

I am in the Channel Islands so was looking to buy from the UK / Europe to take advantage of the -20% VAT exemption :)

Dec 15, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #3,388 of 9,829
  Hi - has anyone in the UK bought the Andromeda's and if so where did you buy them from?

Am keen to buy but haven't seen them on any UK / Euro sites for purchase.

Does one purchase them direct from Campfire?

I am in the Channel Islands so was looking to buy from the UK / Europe to take advantage of the -20% VAT exemption :)

You can reach out to their Austrian distributor (Audio Tuning/ www.audiotuning.com) and go to "Kontakt" and write the person in charge (see productmanager portable audio & headphone) a mail. Very responsive and nice guy.

Dec 17, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #3,390 of 9,829
please guide me

If you are wondering Andromeda My Mojo with good sound quality gives me
And hiss not
Mojo is definitely my selection.
One person suggested to me that I use with Mojo, ifi iematch
My smart phone is the Nexus 5.
But I do not know what the result of Mojo.
My next option is a music player.
And between model ak300, ak320,NW-WM1A

And according to a number of comments I think NW-WM1A
A better option.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/sony-digital-audio-player-walkman-nw-wm1a-b-black
http://avprogear.com/top-10-best-portable-music-players-for-audiophiles/

My budget is $ 1,200
Now do you think technically it's true?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back