Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Oct 18, 2016 at 10:24 PM Post #3,107 of 9,829
I'd definitely be interested in seeing a fit pic, since I'm on the fence regarding the colour ...

Here you go. Good thing I happened to get a haircut today!

Oct 19, 2016 at 2:00 AM Post #3,109 of 9,829

We're in the same boat!! 
biggrin.gif

Hi Ken, thanks for your help and communication in getting me the Andromeda. I wish you continued success in the new dynamics, they look great! I'll return to my cave with the Andros now. 
etysmile.gif

Haha, but honestly I'm happy with my Andro.. But still eager to try the Vega once available, hopefully it sound in different sound signature then I have "reason" to own both. 
beerchug.gif

Oct 19, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #3,111 of 9,829

Thanks! The size and fit look great
ksc75smile.gif

But that gold colour is killing me. CF models I'm not interested come in colours that appeal to me, and vice-versa
frown.gif

I do love all the near neutral colours from Campfire Audio (except for the champagne gold of Dorado) and beautifully distinct green of Andromeda.  But, surely, the most universal all-black colour would make the most sense for universal IEMs in terms of acceptability and give minimum hesitation for buyers at the buying time. 64Audio universals and Unique Melody universals and InEar StageDrivers did adapt the idea and successfully enough.

Oct 19, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #3,112 of 9,829
I really would like it if there's anyone that can give some initial impressions for the Lyra II, Dorado and especially the Vega...

They might be the turning keypoint of DD IEMs being innovative again in a world filled with BA drivers now.

There's just something special about dynamic drivers that BA drivers couldn't replicate.

Oct 19, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #3,113 of 9,829
  I really would like it if there's anyone that can give some initial impressions for the Lyra II, Dorado and especially the Vega...

They might be the turning keypoint of DD IEMs being innovative again in a world filled with BA drivers now.

There's just something special about dynamic drivers that BA drivers couldn't replicate.

Interesting. I feel the opposite... I'm waiting for the next BA from CA before I consider buying new IEMs.

Oct 19, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #3,114 of 9,829

Greetings! Jude's video gives impressions on the Vega (and they'll be more impressions soon as some Vega's are in transit for delivery tomorrow for the very first customers in line. Also I've posted my impressions of the Dorado's in the second post in this thread. Cheers

http://www.head-fi.org/t/823337/campfire-audio-vega-and-dorado-and-lyra-ii-head-fi-tv

Oct 19, 2016 at 7:01 PM Post #3,115 of 9,829
Here you go. Good thing I happened to get a haircut today!

Woah, they are small! Seems to fit really good on the ear too, looks almost invisible from the front.

Oct 19, 2016 at 7:03 PM Post #3,116 of 9,829
Greetings! Jude's video gives impressions on the Vega (and they'll be more impressions soon as some Vega's are in transit for delivery tomorrow for the very first customers in line. Also I've posted my impressions of the Dorado's in the second post in this thread. Cheers

http://www.head-fi.org/t/823337/campfire-audio-vega-and-dorado-and-lyra-ii-head-fi-tv

Thanks a lot for the impressions.

Now to only wait for someone to do Lyra II. Hopefully someonencan do an A/B with the older Lyra and see how different they sound.

Oct 21, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #3,117 of 9,829
My mind is freaking blown away by how good the Andromeda's treble sounds. I have tried plenty of high end stuffs but none has sounded so deliciously smooth and realistic as the Andromeda.

CA knows what they are doing. This TAEC stuff definitely works.

Oct 21, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #3,120 of 9,829
Sorry, shameful plug here.

We just finalized and released our IEM upgrade cable. I had been working on consolidating our IEM cable line up for a while and with the new Reference 8 cable it comes in MMCX as well as 2 pin, balanced and unbalanced. Its supple, light, feels and sounds wonderful. All of these we cryo treate, the full finished cable for that extra effort. Its a blend of OCC copper and SP copper, our in house BE copper MMCX parts. 

Thank you!

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back