Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Oct 18, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #3,092 of 9,825
I have the means to purchase a true TOTL IEM and EE and ALO really stand out to me. I've liked the impressions of the Andro for so long man. I want universal and ALO provide really tough construction aswell as appear to be an awesome company to deal with! That vega has really got me interested. I'll wait for impressions and how it stacks up against Andro.

Would a single driver really be able to output exceptional sound and dynamics etc across the full spectrum? Sorry for my ignorance

IE800 does.

Oct 18, 2016 at 8:08 PM Post #3,093 of 9,825
There are enough examples where IEMs with one driver achieve more than others with 6, 8 or 10 drivers (e.g. Final Audio, Etymotic).

But I would be interested in the Dorado Hybrid. Unfortunately due to choice of colour it will be unwearable in public.

In my experience the Dorados are so small (especially compared to my K10 customs) that the gold/copper color doesn't show up all that much. They really sit inside the outer ear and don't protrude. However we all have our own aesthetic limits! Cheers

PS - If you'd like I can send a pic of wearing them.

Oct 18, 2016 at 8:13 PM Post #3,094 of 9,825
I actually dig the gold/copper color... and will really consider Dorado from the color alone. Though, I'm more interested in Vega, as single dynamic driver should have zero coherence issues and some quality from dynamic that I missed. I'm also wondering if the vents is helping with pneumatic pressure that common in IEM?

Oct 18, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #3,096 of 9,825
PS - If you'd like I can send a pic of wearing them.

Better not. Am afraid I will see that it actually works out and then I have to buy a pair which
does not comply with my budget planning until end of the year.
On the other hand what what for all these little people living in my house need Christmas presents every year...

On the actual topic: Much appreciated that the new models are not so ridiculous sensitive as the currently existing models. 

Oct 18, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #3,097 of 9,825
So will the guy on the train home. Don't walk home alone.

Ha! Well, they're more matte finish, so they're not as blingy as something like an FAD that comes off as polished real gold.

Oct 18, 2016 at 9:11 PM Post #3,099 of 9,825
  Oh... just got my Andro yesterday... 

We're in the same boat!! 
biggrin.gif

Hey Guys,

Before I go on and talk about the 3 new models I want to talk about what people consider "best" IEM and or "flagship". We at Campfire Audio really wanted to do things from a different angle than our respected competition. We want to have a healthy variety of musical perspectives to offer, not just the same old sound re hashed. In this effort we have been working hard on these dynamic driver IEMs. I have stated and still very much feel that IEM audiophiles will lean to a balanced armature camp or a dynamic driver camp and each technology will bear totally different fruits to your ear. I strongly feel this is the case with the Vega vs Andromeda vs Dorado, all 3 are in the end zone so to speak and one will be your personal "best" and or your personal "flagship". Yes the costs are all different but these reflect the cost of difficulty in making them appear
smily_headphones1.gif
. So each of these has something uniquely awesome to that particular model to offer.

Thank you all for your support.

Ken

Hi Ken, thanks for your help and communication in getting me the Andromeda. I wish you continued success in the new dynamics, they look great! I'll return to my cave with the Andros now. 
etysmile.gif

Oct 18, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #3,100 of 9,825
Dorado is interesting.
Can imagine how good it will be. With the lows and highs.

Vega 1 DD design. Thats more interesting.

I should have waited for these to release to compare.

Oct 18, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #3,101 of 9,825
The Andromedas are the most complete IEM that i've had the pleasure of ever listening to. 

Needless to say i am very intrigued with the Vega. 

Oct 18, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #3,102 of 9,825
The Andromedas are the most complete IEM that i've had the pleasure of ever listening to. 

Needless to say i am very intrigued with the Vega. 
Ditto. Think I might need to unsubscribe to this thread lest I be tempted. The Andromedas are perfect for my tastes as is and I should leave well enough alone. Plus I prefer the look to the new ones.

Oct 18, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #3,103 of 9,825
Ditto. Think I might need to unsubscribe to this thread lest I be tempted. The Andromedas are perfect for my tastes as is and I should leave well enough alone. Plus I prefer the look to the new ones.

Well.....X'mas is coming... 

*cough*cough* 

Oct 18, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #3,105 of 9,825
Well.....X'mas is coming... 

*cough*cough* 
Oh I know. I've got a pair of KEF LS50 Wireless in my sights :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back