Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Sep 11, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #2,791 of 9,829
  Hi,

I plan on buying andromeda when the batch arrives here in a few weeks. I know the cable that comes with andromeda is of very high quality but I want to know what are some better cables out there. I know this is subjective but is there a "best" cable for andromeda? What dac/dap excels with the andromeda? Is the iphone enough to drive it?

Thanks

dhc prion 4, toxic silver widow, effect audio leonidas, plussound tri metal, beat audio billow, wagnus diamond dust, pw audio 1960

Sep 11, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #2,792 of 9,829
  Hi,

I plan on buying andromeda when the batch arrives here in a few weeks. I know the cable that comes with andromeda is of very high quality but I want to know what are some better cables out there. I know this is subjective but is there a "best" cable for andromeda? What dac/dap excels with the andromeda? Is the iphone enough to drive it?

Thanks

I've found the soon-to-be-launched Dita Truth cable to sound remarkably good with the Andromedas!

Sep 11, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #2,793 of 9,829

I've found the soon-to-be-launched Dita Truth cable to sound remarkably good with the Andromedas!

have not tried the combo yet but have used a truth cable b4.
wont it make the andromeda sparkly and very resolving?
cheers

Sep 11, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #2,794 of 9,829

have not tried the combo yet but have used a truth cable b4.
wont it make the andromeda sparkly and very resolving?
cheers

Yes it will. The truth is probably my favourite cable on the market now to be honest :wink: extremely resolving and airy with a nice open stage. Tonally I find that it compliments the Andromedas very well!

Sep 11, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #2,795 of 9,829

Yes it will. The truth is probably my favourite cable on the market now to be honest :wink: extremely resolving and airy with a nice open stage. Tonally I find that it compliments the Andromedas very well!

ah i see. btw mate you should head down to music sanctuary try the 1960s cable by pw audio. it will blow your mind!
biggrin.gif

Sep 11, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #2,796 of 9,829
besides that am also worried the nozzle may come out anytime!

Seriously?! You are worried about a 0.2% failure rate? If that was actually the case, then you wouldn't purchase anything...furniture, food, places to live...anything.

I have used my Nova on a daily basis, with absolutely zero problems. Yes one data point, but that equates to hundreds of ingress/egress from my ears. This also includes tip Rolling. Hence, hundreds of personal data points. If we were to expand that, then we are looking at a failure rate even lower, based upon current ownership and the thousands of ingress/egress of the IEM.

Please stop the hype about the failure. It was closed, then you opened it again. Ken himself came on and stated that the problem had been solved with the customer. Stop adding to the perceived hype of failure. It is unwarranted, and not needed.

Sep 11, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #2,797 of 9,829
Seriously?! You are worried about a 0.2% failure rate? If that was actually the case, then you wouldn't purchase anything...furniture, food, places to live...anything.

Please stop the hype about the failure. It was closed, then you opened it again. Ken himself came on and stated that the problem had been solved with the customer. Stop adding to the perceived hype of failure. It is unwarranted, and not needed.

of course as i am paying a premium for an iem.
if this is a <=100 usd iem, i probably let it pass.
i wanted to get the andromeda intially but because of the posts, i got myself a fidue sirius first.
the sound of andromeda is good but as a TOTL iem, i dont think such things should happen in the first place.
i understand you are a fan of campfire audio and so am I, but for me personally, a totl iem should be close to perfection and such QC issues should not happen.
cheers.
looking forward to the next batch, hopefully the qc is better so i can get 1 myself.

i understand your point but this is a TOTL iem.

Sep 11, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #2,798 of 9,829
  Hi,

Thanks

Wasn't going to comment on a cable but since there have already been a plethora of suggestions...
Pictures below are for size comparison. Norne Audio 8 Wire Therium with my 846's on the left and I promised not to say 21awg x 4 Pure OCC Silver Litz with my Andro's on the right. I love my Therium, but the large gauge OCC Silver Litz absolutely turns the Andromeda into a Beast! The Bass hits harder than any other combination I've tried without compromising or over extending the high’s. I have recently discovered that better Bass comes through more silver…not by adding copper. 

Final size comparison pic with the stock ALO Andromeda cable minus the memory wire. I really like the sound of the stock cable that comes with the Andro's. 

Sep 11, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #2,799 of 9,829
  Wasn't going to comment on a cable but since there have already been a plethora of suggestions...
Pictures below are for size comparison. Norne Audio 8 Wire Therium with my 846's on the left and I promised not to say 21awg x 4 Pure OCC Silver Litz with my Andro's on the right. I love my Therium, but the large gauge OCC Silver Litz absolutely turns the Andromeda into a Beast! The Bass hits harder than any other combination I've tried without compromising or over extending the high’s. I have recently discovered that better Bass comes through more silver…not by adding copper. 

Final size comparison pic with the stock ALO Andromeda cable minus the memory wire. I really like the sound of the stock cable that comes with the Andro's. 

Kino Lau,

Wow man great shots, thanks for sharing.

ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Sep 11, 2016 at 5:43 PM Post #2,801 of 9,829
Sorry if this has been asked before, but was it mentioned that the Andromeda's shell will be modified to a smoother or rounder corners?  If so, when will this update be available? I haven't been able to audition the Andromeda, only the Nova and its sharp corners was a deal killer for my ears.

Sep 11, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #2,802 of 9,829

of course as i am paying a premium for an iem.
if this is a <=100 usd iem, i probably let it pass.
i wanted to get the andromeda intially but because of the posts, i got myself a fidue sirius first.
the sound of andromeda is good but as a TOTL iem, i dont think such things should happen in the first place.
i understand you are a fan of campfire audio and so am I, but for me personally, a totl iem should be close to perfection and such QC issues should not happen.
cheers.
looking forward to the next batch, hopefully the qc is better so i can get 1 myself.

i understand your point but this is a TOTL iem.

I just want to share my experience with the Campfire line-up. We have the review tour going for a few months now. It started in February and still going.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/797685/campfire-audio-australia-new-zealand-tour-reviews-and-impressions-orion-lyra-jupiter-andromeda
The review units have been reviewed and sent from one reviewer to another with a minimum of two weeks usage per reviewer. There has been no report of damage so far. If there's an evident point of failure in any of these models, it would've been discovered by now. I hope this will help shed some of your concerns on the build quality of these IEMs.

Sep 11, 2016 at 7:31 PM Post #2,803 of 9,829
Sorry if this has been asked before, but was it mentioned that the Andromeda's shell will be modified to a smoother or rounder corners?  If so, when will this update be available? I haven't been able to audition the Andromeda, only the Nova and its sharp corners was a deal killer for my ears.

If I am not mistaken, the current batches have had more smoothly tapered edges for a while :)

Sep 11, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #2,805 of 9,829
If I am not mistaken, the current batches have had more smoothly tapered edges for a while
smily_headphones1.gif

When did this happen, and anyone got any pics?  I haven't seen any examples with smoother edges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back