Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Sep 10, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #2,776 of 9,829

Given that posts can much more easily be misunderstood than face-to-face verbal communication, I did not find that he was joking about it.  I interpreted it to be a cautionary claim about what and how one posts about products and manufacturers on this or any similar site.  While no one wants a defective product-including the sellers and builders of such products, it must also be recognized that what one "says on the internet" has consequences.  People ARE responsible for the consequences of their acts.  (For example, the post presenting the pix of the de-nozzled iems may show up in casual web searches, and, overall, paint a potentially inaccurate picture of the iem's quality, and any subsequent efforts on the part of the vendor or maker to make it right.  This can cause harm to legitimate, quality businesses.  Just sayin'.)

I really feel for the person whose Andromedas broke. While it is uselful for consumers to know of such events, it is also primarily a private matter between the customer and the seller.  The post showing the damage does not indicate whether they were purchased new from an authorized dealer, There is no mention of whether he has contacted ALO/Campfire to get them repaired or replaced......   

Oh jeeze just saw the photos.. wow.

Regarding the post of the broken Andromeda, I of course agree with you here fzman. I think we had a total 2 RMAs where the tip broke off and it was of course replaced with new ones right away.. Informative post? its certainly no where near something that has been happening or something that people should worry about. I found the post of the pictures to be excessive, and very unfortunate given that we were on it as soon as we could, this really made me upset to see this posted on head-fi all cracked open. It made me sad only because it is a poor image and representation of our products and what we stand for. Yes I feel bad for the customer and am very sorry for the trouble it has caused. A IEM is not indestructible, we here are also not perfect and can and will have small part or material failures, it is possible. We want more than anything to convey professionalism and create quality products that people will love and enjoy for a long time. We also work very hard at our customer service and take care of issues like this as soon as we can. Yes we are a small batch operation and only have a hand full of people so we can be a little slow or overwhelmed but we certainly want to do the best we can and take care of all of our valued customers. 

If anyone has a issue with your Campfire IEMs please call, email or use the chat message feature on our websites to get a hold of us and we will take care of you, posting photos of your RMAs on the forum, really not needed. 

Thanks

Ken

PS: regarding warranty period. I do plan on servicing our IEMs after the 1 year warranty. So if something goes wrong I will do my best to repair it or replace at bare parts cost and shop time as needed.

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Sep 10, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #2,777 of 9,829
I agree that would be unfortunate. Only Ken is able to confirm or deny that for certain. I can say that after several hundred hours, the Lyra's have become one of my all-time favorite IEM's. The fit is very comfortable, even more so than my Andromeda. I am currently using the Linum Bax cable and some very soft wide-bore tips. Initially, they were quite bassy, but over time, have become very nicely balanced across the audio spectrum while still delivering the sense of impact and weight one perceives in a well-designed concert hall.

The "Lyra" as we know it was discontinued only because the company that made the ceramic (Zirconium) shells for us simply stopped making them (ouch!) They had a 90% failure rate, so only 10% passed for use so they basically quit, this was very painful as tooling for such parts is very expensive. I hired another company to make the parts for me and they too gave up after they learned how difficult it was to make, so we were forced to stop making them.. 

I do have a feeling the Lyra will make a come back in another form :wink:

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Sep 11, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #2,778 of 9,829
To anyone out there who might be worried about the quality of the campire IEMs, let me just re-assure you that having spoken to KB multiple times about the production process of his IEMs, I won't go into details but the amount of effort that his team goes into to Ensure that the Products are well made, it's pretty astounding.

Sep 11, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #2,779 of 9,829
To anyone out there who might be worried about the quality of the campire IEMs, let me just re-assure you that having spoken to @KB multiple times about the production process of his IEMs, I won't go into details but the amount of effort that his team goes into to Ensure that the Products are well made, it's pretty astounding.

+1, these things are built like a tank, and this is coming from someone who's owns or has owned multiple ALO Products (CDM, Studio Six, Andromeda)

Sep 11, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #2,780 of 9,829
Are the bore of the new batch of Andromeda sticks better to the body?
I am worried as i saw people complains of the bore part dislocating. 

I am waiting for mine, i POed through a shop in my country~

Sep 11, 2016 at 7:09 AM Post #2,781 of 9,829
Are the bore of the new batch of Andromeda sticks better to the body?
I am worried as i saw people complains of the bore part dislocating. 

I am waiting for mine, i POed through a shop in my country~

As explained above, CA has received only two RMAs for this issue. It's an admittedly low failure rate, and I suspect you have nothing to worry about. If you purchased through an authorized dealer, you'll probably be covered by the warranty.

Sent from my E5803 using a highly trained, special forces carrier pigeon

Sep 11, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #2,782 of 9,829
Just reading the comments now, and I didn't mean for it to cause an issue related to the Andromeda quality. I have the Jupiter as well as the CDM and the quality of their products are always top notch. What happened to me was obviously just a very very freak occurrence. I was sharing the post because I was bummed that I wouldn't be able to listen to the amazing sound of the Andromeda while spending most of my weekend traveling.

Sep 11, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #2,783 of 9,829
i am worried of the discoloration of the andromeda, hence postponed my buy. hope the 2nd batch is better.

Sep 11, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #2,784 of 9,829
  i am worried of the discoloration of the andromeda, hence postponed my buy. hope the 2nd batch is better.

These are anodized not painted. I've paid very close attention to the shells of my Andromeda and I'm leaning toward thinking that any reports of discoloration or chipping are BS. I've read post from others reporting this, but haven't seen a single picture anywhere on the web. Those that have made post about the problem also followed up by stating that "Ken promised to take care of problems beyond the warranty period." I presumed that this meant real or or imagined cosmetic issues. Do I pay closer attention to these shells than my 846's? Yes I do, because I can hear when they tap each other when handling the cable, and I do check them every time I hear them tap together. That being the case, I am more careful when I handle these than I am with my Shure's. Honestly, I don't think it's possible that these would be damaged during normal use. Of course if somebody is whipping them around trying to swat flies or trying to use them as a set of Klick Klacks...that's different. 

Sep 11, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #2,786 of 9,829

These are anodized not painted. I've paid very close attention to the shells of my Andromeda and I'm leaning toward thinking that any reports of discoloration or chipping are BS. I've read post from others reporting this, but haven't seen a single picture anywhere on the web. Those that have made post about the problem also followed up by stating that "Ken promised to take care of problems beyond the warranty period." I presumed that this meant real or or imagined cosmetic issues. Do I pay closer attention to these shells than my 846's? Yes I do, because I can hear when they tap each other when handling the cable, and I do check them every time I hear them tap together. That being the case, I am more careful when I handle these than I am with my Shure's. Honestly, I don't think it's possible that these would be damaged during normal use. Of course if somebody is whipping them around trying to swat flies or trying to use them as a set of Klick Klacks...that's different. 

besides that am also worried the nozzle may come out anytime!

Sep 11, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #2,787 of 9,829

Since these are anodized, the color will eventually start to fade at the vertices. Happens with pretty much every premium product that has such a color process including the iPhone 5 and the Sony ZX2 (both of which I own and had the color rub off at corners/edges as well). My pair had some color coming off at various points before I'd sold it. I don't think it's a big deal since as I stated, other products are susceptible to this as well, not just CAs. 

Sep 11, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #2,788 of 9,829
Hi,

I plan on buying andromeda when the batch arrives here in a few weeks. I know the cable that comes with andromeda is of very high quality but I want to know what are some better cables out there. I know this is subjective but is there a "best" cable for andromeda? What dac/dap excels with the andromeda? Is the iphone enough to drive it?

Thanks

Sep 11, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #2,789 of 9,829
I dont mind color fading as long as it sounds good.

I dont buy it for looks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back