Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jun 8, 2016 at 3:45 AM Post #1,411 of 9,829
  Does anyone now if ALO has a retail shop in Portland, or is it just where they make them? I'm going to be there next week and might drop by to check out their IEM line, looking for something to pair with the CDM.

I think they used to run a shop, but that closed? http://www.cnet.com/news/brick-and-mortar-store-demos-100-headphones/

Jun 8, 2016 at 4:14 AM Post #1,412 of 9,829
Got into work this morning to find a nice package on my desk courtesy of DHL - nothing like a pair of Novas to brighten up your day! Got them on burn now, so will be taking them for a walk over lunch to get some initial sonic impressions before banging them on burn in for the rest of the day. The week is looking up.

Jun 8, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #1,413 of 9,829
  Got into work this morning to find a nice package on my desk courtesy of DHL - nothing like a pair of Novas to brighten up your day! Got them on burn now, so will be taking them for a walk over lunch to get some initial sonic impressions before banging them on burn in for the rest of the day. The week is looking up.

You lucky guy! The real failure here is that a package shipping out of New Jersey got across the pond to the UK before it got to the other coast of the US
tongue.gif
. Also that for folks like @nmatheis, the Nova got built in his city, then shipped across the country only to have to get shipped back across the country to get to him haha.

Jun 8, 2016 at 4:41 AM Post #1,415 of 9,829
  You lucky guy! The real failure here is that a package shipping out of New Jersey got across the pond to the UK before it got to the other coast of the US
tongue.gif
. Also that for folks like @nmatheis, the Nova got built in his city, then shipped across the country only to have to get shipped back across the country to get to him haha.

Yea, I find that not environment conscious 
rolleyes.gif

Wasting precious petroleum shipping the item from Oregon to NJ then back to Oregon.
This cause global warming
biggrin.gif

Jun 8, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #1,416 of 9,829
So the five driver is not sold at any stores but Canpfire did lent some out to varios reviewers so they can write about the product?

Jun 8, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #1,417 of 9,829
  And I got mine today too... in NZ. Oh the wonders of shipping services. 

Nice - look forward to seeing what you think of them. If there is ever anything of mine you want to try for a couple of weeks, and are willing to swap (long enough for me to test and review the Nova) drop me a PM.  I'm in Invercargill.

Jun 8, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #1,418 of 9,829

Excellent and congrats! Mine are due today, in "flyover country, USA"...

Jun 8, 2016 at 7:48 AM Post #1,419 of 9,829
Initial impressions - smooth, nice amount of bass for a BA setup (but not mind blowing), decent imaging and separation. On the warm side with vocals but not massively forward. Gospel style layered harmonies sound excellent. Too early to make any definite statements, but think this will be an enjoyable few weeks paying these off against the FLC8s and a few other items I have acquired recently...

Jun 8, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #1,420 of 9,829

Nice - look forward to seeing what you think of them. If there is ever anything of mine you want to try for a couple of weeks, and are willing to swap (long enough for me to test and review the Nova) drop me a PM.  I'm in Invercargill.

Of course, I remember that would prove helpful for you too. Will get in touch. 

First major impression was oh shiiiiiii the jack is too big to fit with my phones case... so I have performed surgery. Second impression is they're extremely efficient - I have a mod for 50 volume steps on my HTC M9 (because the stock Android 15 is frustratingly pitiful) and I'm glad, because it would take a very quiet track just get these up to 10 steps. 

They sound very, very clean. Wicked quick decay. On the brighter side but not cold, no lack of bass with a good seal and fit and it goes very low. I know theres a rise at 5k which is a danger zone for me but this is mostly within my tolerance, nothing terribly sharp sounding. I'm not sure yet if it will bother me too much over time (obviously) but I do appreciate the clarity a great deal.

Jun 8, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #1,421 of 9,829
hello to you lucky andromeda owners, is the sound fast,balanced and with good extension on both ends?

also to get it from the US to UK it would cost $1450 everything inc, is it still worth it or too much and choose something else?

Jun 8, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #1,422 of 9,829
Not sure if I'm the only one who ordered from the middle east (I'm an expat), but my Nova from Massdrop just had a change in tracking number and I couldn't track it since. I hope I won't be the last to get them. :frowning2:

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #1,423 of 9,829
  And I got mine today too... in NZ. Oh the wonders of shipping services. 

The wonders of shipping indeed. I accepted the shipment reaching the UK a day faster just cuz it probably went straight into the air over the pond, but I would expect the shipments going down under to hit Florida before flying literally half a world away
mad.gif
. I hope you enjoy them!

Yea, I find that not environment conscious 
rolleyes.gif

Wasting precious petroleum shipping the item from Oregon to NJ then back to Oregon.
This cause global warming
biggrin.gif

So environmentally inconsiderate right?
tongue.gif

Not sure if I'm the only one who ordered from the middle east (I'm an expat), but my Nova from Massdrop just had a change in tracking number and I couldn't track it since. I hope I won't be the last to get them. :frowning2:

Did the tracking change to the local postal service? For people in the US, the tracking number stayed the same, but the first leg of the deliveries here in the US are handled by DHL, then is tendered later to USPS. DHL still tracks in this case, but USPS is then able to more accurately place where the package is. For example, when I checked DHL yesterday, it said it was still at the edges of the state, most recently tendered to USPS. Then I checked the tracking number on USPS and it said it arrived at my local post office ready for delivery the next business day. Perhaps for the middle east, the tracking number has to change when tracking changes hands from DHL to a local delivery service?

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #1,424 of 9,829
Received my Nova's Monday, so far I really like them, I'm a big fan of Campfire.  I have a lot of iem's JH Audio custom 16's, Roxanne I, Campfire, Jupiter (which I lost 
confused_face.gif
), Andromeda, Nova, Nuforce Primo 8, Dunu 2000J, various Shure, etc.  you get the picture...  I also have Hifiman HE6, Oppo PM3, Senn HD650, Audeze X, Final Pandora VI, Kingsound KS H3 with SS amp, etc..  My portable setup is A&K 320 with Mojo amp Dac.  Today sat around with both headphones plugged into Mojo, Nova and Andromeda.  I could live with either earphone indefinitely as both are well with balanced, with the Nova as less accurate in every facet, but competes well.  The Andromeda best every portable phone I've ever listened to in most areas.  Once you put them on it is difficult to go back.  The Novas seem slightly punched up in the midband, less detailed but very listenable.  I prefer the Nova's to most of my other headphones with the exception of the JH Audio 16's.  For now the Andromeda's are the King for me for portable listening, bass seems to go very deep and articulate, midband is exceptional with a soundstage that rivals my on ear phones, the Mojo and 320 combination seem to suit them well.

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #1,425 of 9,829
My Nova is already delivered in my OR Shipito address, will be a while until all my packages arrived for consolidation, including the new Rx for Massdrop at the end of the month. Happy to read all positive impression! I think the wait will worth it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back