Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jun 7, 2016 at 7:01 AM Post #1,396 of 9,829
Lower output impedance (one or under) closer sound to what the maker intended - esp with IEMs,

2-10..... Output impedance usually some bass roll off or flabbiness, perhaps some detail loss.

Sometimes very noticeable other times not so much.

My Centrance Hifi-M8 has an impedance switch for 11, 2, 1 output impedance. Its fun to play around with and note what happens.

Jun 7, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #1,397 of 9,829
OK I've made the plunge into the deep end here and ordered the Andromeda. My far my most expensive portable audio purchase to date.  Sorry about your wallet indeed.

I think I'll need to replace my shozy Alien though with something with lower impedance.

It seems this was designed to shine even with iphone level sources removing the need for a great DAP.

Any recommendations on reasonably priced, low impedance DAPs that allow these to shine?

Lotoo PAW 5000?

Jun 7, 2016 at 7:57 AM Post #1,398 of 9,829
Lower output impedance (one or under) closer sound to what the maker intended - esp with IEMs, .

I don't think this is necessarily the case. I can see many an iem-maker tuning their iem to sound best with iPhones or Galaxies, which have Z-outs in the 2-5 range, given the fact that those are the DAPs a plurality of users will be using with most IEMs, even high-end ones. I actually suspect that that is exactly what happened with the Andromeda, given how much better they sound out of my iPhone than my Mojo.

Jun 7, 2016 at 8:01 AM Post #1,399 of 9,829
True. But for multi driver IEMs they need the lowest possible output impedance or they go bananas.

Look at the classic graphs of the triple fi 10s at different impedances.

Single drivers aren't such a problem.

Jun 7, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #1,402 of 9,829
Ken why havent you released a Dap - you have serious audio workmanship and tuning skills. I have faith! Keep me posted...

Its is not with out trying, have been trying to get that licked for 3 years now... no dice. ;-(

But hey thank you for the nod.

kb

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jun 7, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #1,403 of 9,829
  Its is not with out trying, have been trying to get that licked for 3 years now... no dice. ;-(

But hey thank you for the nod.

kb

Any word on if I place an order for the Andromeda right now on the Campfire website, how long would it take for you guys to deliver? cause right now the Andromeda is on Back Order? any estimate?

Jun 8, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #1,407 of 9,829
Hot diggity, looks like my Nova from Massdrop will be delivered tomorrow, chaps!
L3000.gif

As soon as I saw your post and realized you were in nearby Portland, I checked my tracking data haha. I got an updated delivery estimate of tomorrow as well! Now I just gotta wait for my left ear to get better. A bug bit it sometime over the weekend
frown.gif
. Was clearly a very dumb bug; first of all, it bit me and spoiled my IEM listening fun and secondly, why bite the ear??? There's barely any blood there! Lol.

Jun 8, 2016 at 3:19 AM Post #1,409 of 9,829
Sorry to hear a bug devoured half your ear over the weekend @Midgetguy
blink.gif

I wish you a swift recovery and many happy hours listening to your new Nova to make up for the inconvenience!
L3000.gif

Thanks bud! Looking forward to see how this compares to my current dual-BA IEM. Sound sig is bound to be different, but I'm incredibly curious about the comfort levels; gotta see how those CNC shells do. The Nova and Supra do both look incredibly good in their own ways; I love the beautiful custom look of the Supra even though it's a universal and the Novas just look downright sexy with that industrial design. Can't wait. And it actually has a nice accessory package too. That case looks very nice
biggrin.gif

Jun 8, 2016 at 3:43 AM Post #1,410 of 9,829
Does anyone now if ALO has a retail shop in Portland, or is it just where they make them? I'm going to be there next week and might drop by to check out their IEM line, looking for something to pair with the CDM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back