Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jan 15, 2022 at 4:49 AM Post #9,676 of 9,829
Hi everyone, I'm considering to buy an iem to have my "end game". Currently my options are: New/used Moondrop Variation and a 2nd hand Campfire Andromeda Special Gold (Black with gold screws). Any opinion between these two ?. I'm a treble head and tinkered alot with AutoEQ before. I do have the budget for the 2nd-hand Andromeda SE and prefer it's form factor alot (true universal-ly-es, i find the Variation is too bulky for me).

Jan 15, 2022 at 9:28 AM Post #9,677 of 9,829
Well, speaking of treble, the Andromeda 2020 is beat by the Craft Ears Aurum. To me it's the best treble I've heard to date.

Jan 15, 2022 at 5:17 PM Post #9,678 of 9,829
Well, speaking of treble, the Andromeda 2020 is beat by the Craft Ears Aurum. To me it's the best treble I've heard to date.

It could be that Aurum has that Oriolus Traillii's treble airiness that Andromeda doesn't have. Though IMHO, Andromeda's treble would definitely suit more listeners than other IEMs since it's far more relaxed sounding than other TOTL IEMs that I've demoed

Jan 15, 2022 at 5:18 PM Post #9,679 of 9,829
Hi everyone, I'm considering to buy an iem to have my "end game". Currently my options are: New/used Moondrop Variation and a 2nd hand Campfire Andromeda Special Gold (Black with gold screws). Any opinion between these two ?. I'm a treble head and tinkered alot with AutoEQ before. I do have the budget for the 2nd-hand Andromeda SE and prefer it's form factor alot (true universal-ly-es, i find the Variation is too bulky for me).

For treble-head, definitely the get the Traillii or Elysian X or IEM's with EST drivers for treble, though IMHO, only the Traillii gets the right EST treble timbre to my ears.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #9,680 of 9,829
I'm using Andromeda Gold with ibasso DX300. Just an amazing pair of monitors, great bass and sub bass, clear and front mid and rich perfectly detailed in resolution and separation highs (just love them), and regarding space you already know how they are I suppose. So I sold other pure armature iems as soon as I listened to Golds (going to sell Andromeda S too). If the price is not a deal killer I would buy Gold 99 times out of 100. Also the value that Campfire keep in time is much better than mid tier chi-fi gears with all the due respect.
And yep, variations are pretty big.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2022 at 9:21 AM Post #9,681 of 9,829
I recently got a pair of Andromedas and while I like their foam tips they are a tinny bit too large for my ear canals (the smallest one). Can anyone recommand me some good foam tips which dont alter the sound too much and have smaller diameter (maybe 1-2mm). A set with different sizes would be perfect. Much appreciated!

Feb 9, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #9,682 of 9,829
Welp, it’s with heavy heart that these mint Stainless andros must go :frowning2:

EA83889B-5141-4B10-8428-9FA744CA571F.jpeg
DD5DC671-C530-469F-9247-14F2F8DF2EE3.jpeg

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Feb 9, 2022 at 11:32 AM Post #9,684 of 9,829
Most beautiful piece of audio I’ve ever owned along with MC225 and MEST Indigo

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Feb 19, 2022 at 12:04 PM Post #9,686 of 9,829
Andro S was pretty heavy when I auditioned it back then. Cool thing about its tuning is that it's the one that influenced the current 2020 tuning the most

Mar 8, 2022 at 8:11 AM Post #9,687 of 9,829
I have been using my 2020 Andromeda with my now ageing IBasso DX160. I am looking for a new DAP that pairs well at least as well as the DX160 with my Andros which is primarily why the DX160 is with my for over 2 years now. Thanks in advance.

Mar 8, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #9,688 of 9,829
I have been using my 2020 Andromeda with my now ageing IBasso DX160. I am looking for a new DAP that pairs well at least as well as the DX160 with my Andros which is primarily why the DX160 is with my for over 2 years now. Thanks in advance.
I don’t know the DX160 so I can’t give you a comparison, but the A&K SR25 is outstanding with the Andro2020. Definitely one of my go-to pairings.

Mar 8, 2022 at 1:26 PM Post #9,689 of 9,829
I don’t know the DX160 so I can’t give you a comparison, but the A&K SR25 is outstanding with the Andro2020. Definitely one of my go-to pairings.

+1 can confirm the SR25ii is excellent as well.

Mar 24, 2022 at 12:21 PM Post #9,690 of 9,829
I just bought the Andro2020 and feel greatly impressed and disappointed at the same time. Its sounds great, but turn out my unit (right ear piece) is faulty.

After a brief period of listening session, I noticed that the sound coming from the right ear piece (especially in the mid, low regions) are having this weird buzzing noise. Through a very thorough testing with different equipment. I have concluded (with the help of the guys at my local audio shop) that one of the driver(s) in the right earpiece is literally loose and are shaking, somehow. The buzzing/rumbling would stop if i put a bit of pressure to the backplate, first kilobuck iem and my luck already go to S**t. Luckily this also surprised the guy at the local audio shop and they are already contacting CA for warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back