Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Sep 22, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #9,049 of 9,829
So I’m looking into the Andromeda as many people have this on their top 5-10 IEM’s they’ve ever listened to. I’m concerned about the shape, and the comfort of these. My ears fit Westone’s best, and Shure’s next. They both use the same size tips, and I use the Comply P series for the best isolation and long lasting fit and comfort. I can have them in my ears for a 5 hour flight and it wouldn’t bother me. I previously tried Nobel’s and Audeze planar’s, which sounded good, but the nozzle is way too big for my ears and it’s painful after even 15 minutes. Fit is a top priority for me, and I’m not interested in getting a CIEM to lose it’s resale value later on.

Sep 22, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #9,050 of 9,829
Andros are one of the comfiest IEMs I’ve owned (best being CIEM companies like QDC, EE, and surprisingly, IBasso and Massdrop designs). Especially the later revisions (Andro OG v3 and up, ex: MW10 and 2020). They’re quite small and lightweight. Only issue is the edges may scrap your ears which was an issue with the earlier versions, but after v3, I never had an issue.

Sep 26, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #9,054 of 9,829
Sep 26, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #9,055 of 9,829
Thanks @Tristy and @Lookout57. Any opinions on how the OG hold up nowadays? I've somehow never demoed any of the Andro versions, but from what I understand the OG are warmish with some upper treble boost? Are the newer variants generally preferred?

Sep 26, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #9,056 of 9,829
Thanks @Tristy and @Lookout57. Any opinions on how the OG hold up nowadays? I've somehow never demoed any of the Andro versions, but from what I understand the OG are warmish with some upper treble boost? Are the newer variants generally preferred?
I haven't used mine in over a year since I bought the Andromeda Gold. And I haven't used them in awhile as I prefer the Solaris.

I am planning on selling my Andromeda White and Atlas.

Sep 26, 2020 at 3:27 PM Post #9,057 of 9,829
I have an andromeda (pre-2020) coming, anyone mind giving me an eq profile with just 1-2 bands?

This is what I'm gonna try when they arrive: 8k -2db Q1.41

What I am asking for is very straightforward, and hope it makes sense. I don't want a harman curve with 5+ bands, just 1-2. I heard these have a slightly elevated midbass, so perhaps a midbass band along with that 8k band would work. Thanks!

Sep 26, 2020 at 10:55 PM Post #9,058 of 9,829
The 2020 Andros are incredible. Most enjoyment I got from music since I put on my LCD-Xs five years ago and my 650s four years prior to that. From their new lineup I still prefer them over their other, newer and more expensive offerings

( granted I only had 30mins recently with the 2020 Solaris but it sounded somewhat siblant to me, almost bought them blindly a while ago, glad I didn't, might still grow om me but didn't have that instant click)

Sep 27, 2020 at 7:53 AM Post #9,059 of 9,829
My favourite MW10. Simply phenomenal. :)

FB_IMG_1601207544342.jpg

Sep 29, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #9,060 of 9,829
I have gotten a pair of Moondrop Blessing 2 today. At a price of USD$329, they are probably the only legitimate "Andromeda killer" out there. The sound quality is on the same level for 1/3 the price! They are too good to be true.

The ergnomics are wayyy better as they give a custom like fit. Whereas it is difficult to get a good seal with the andromedas unless you have the right eartips due to the shape.

The tonality is better and more balanced, the bass goes lower and sounds better because it is DD bass. But surprisingly, the bass quantity isn't much higher than the andros as I had expected. The soundstage is wide too like the andros. I'd say that these have a balanced, technical tuning whereas the andros are tuned for fun.

These give the andros a serious run for their money! For 1/3 the price no less

Users who are viewing this thread

Back