Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
May 22, 2020 at 6:49 AM Post #8,791 of 9,829
spiral dots ML = Spin Fits L ( at least for my ears ) :wink: both worth a try , try spin fits cp100 ( 2019 model )
I was asking in the Solaris thread about that. For me Final L are almost good, but they could be just a little larger. The SpinFit M is almost perfect, just on one side it could be larger.
What is this on SpiralDots and AZLA? I‘ve ordered Sedna yesterday in L size.

May 22, 2020 at 6:56 AM Post #8,792 of 9,829
I was asking in the Solaris thread about that. For me Final L are almost good, but they could be just a little larger. The SpinFit M is almost perfect, just on one side it could be larger.
E381C891-C908-4974-AE9F-318402368606.jpeg
608973CF-66A8-4502-BE78-30D31A53A64D.jpeg

This is final L spin fits L and spiral dots ML

I don’t have Azla here yet .. still on the way from China

May 22, 2020 at 7:40 AM Post #8,794 of 9,829
Unfortunately SpinFit L was too large. Are SpinFit L and SpiralFit ML equally in size?
more or less yes , this are spin fit cp100 , i also have cp145 somewhere , the fit was different both in L .

but its also a bit iem dependend ( nozzle thickness i guess ) how the tips fits in the end

May 22, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #8,795 of 9,829
that will be probably to big for you... i just got the Azla in the mail , ive got ML size , and its pretty much the same size as spiral dots ML if not "tad" thicker . so L would also be to large for me , where spin fits L or final L suit me great

Last edited:
May 22, 2020 at 12:34 PM Post #8,796 of 9,829
From some sources, the right earpiece of my Andromeda gives me electric shock. Is this a known issue?

edit: I believe this only happens when the laptop is on the charger as an example. If it off the charger, I do not get an electric shock.

Last edited:
May 22, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #8,798 of 9,829
lol never heard about this.. maybe you should send them in for a check up

Wil probably have to do that. I just discovered that it happens when a device is being charged. However I need to do more testing if this is really the case.

May 22, 2020 at 12:50 PM Post #8,799 of 9,829
From some sources, the right earpiece of my Andromeda gives me electric shock. Is this a known issue?

edit: I believe this only happens when the laptop is on the charger as an example. If it off the charger, I do not get an electric shock.

Never happened to me and I always plug a DAP.

May 22, 2020 at 1:35 PM Post #8,800 of 9,829

Always happens to me, also happens with the Atlas. I think CA state on their site that you shouldn’t plug it into a device that is connected the mains

May 22, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #8,801 of 9,829
Always happens to me, also happens with the Atlas. I think CA state on their site that you shouldn’t plug it into a device that is connected the mains

It does say this and it also says it in the instruction manual for each of their IEMs.

May 22, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #8,802 of 9,829
Oh I see. Guess I should have read the manual :p

May 22, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #8,803 of 9,829
At the end of the day, I have to say goodby to the Andromeda GLD. It's is too punchy in the low end. What started off as excitement results in fatigue and eventually strain. The cause is anyone's guess: longer stem length + four bass drivers, lack of cross-over, I dunno. After four days, I will be keeping my 2019 Andromeda GRNs and returning the GLD. I will miss the detail in the bass of the GLD, but I won't miss the ringing in my ears. I will keep an eye out for the Andromeda S on the secondary market or Ball's next epiphany. It's been a fun ride seeing what will come next. We're in such a period of rapid evolution in IEMs.
Well, Drew. Ken has just released the Ara, which is essentially a rework of the Andromeda GLD fabbed in titanium (yay!) with a promise of curing your "punchy" woes. Looking forward to reading the review and trying myself.

May 23, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #8,805 of 9,829
It does say this and it also says it in the instruction manual for each of their IEMs.

yes and from the Andromeda (V3 - dunno) onwards they have added a rubber ring or something around the MMCX and shell as extra protection.

I myself would not put metal things in my ears when connected to the power mains via one or several devices.

Also depends on what device you have plugged in. Older audio devices seemed to have less power surge protection. Also larger home systems are not so suited for iems perhaps. A myriad of possible reasons.

anyway...pics below.

306BC321-45B4-4214-AC2B-42ED0014F377.jpeg

Andro V3 and MW10 with insulation

DF022A01-864D-4D66-BF6C-BE12AA1BF346.jpeg

Andro v3 (with) and Andro V1 (without).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back