Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova
Jun 24, 2019 at 12:58 AM Post #7,141 of 9,829
Thanks for the details!!! I will eq this for certain tracks and not eq it for the other tracks.

It's true that it's impossible to get the open ness of hd800. Hd800 is also rated as the biggest soundstage in headphones territory.

I'll be doing more listening and eq ing this until i got the sweet spot. And also, the tip selection is also very crucial. The final tips give less soundstage but better bass and less fatiguing highs. Jvc give better openness and less bass.

So now im curious, what kinds of tips those are recommended for the tips rolling for andro? I just order a symbio W too.

Let me know what tips can give the best openness with andro! I would make it an instant buy for sure haha

Well, I think the general rule to get more stage with IEMs through tip rolling is: More distance from the eardrum and slightly looser fit. In other words: Tipps with long stem or foam tipps, for example. Downside is that you might loose a bit of the crispness. I personally have used spiral dots because I simply got the best fit and seal with it. Since they are very short you loose a bit of the wide stage (vocals get closer).... but very clear and crisp on the other side...

Jun 24, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #7,142 of 9,829
Was trying to understand why the Andromeda’s blew my mind so much. I think this is why (from Headfonia):

“Midrange space extends furthest along the z-axis. That space pushes out to just beyond the shoulders and both up and down by a head. You’ll find wider, and taller spatial representations out there. But you’ll be hard pressed to find as much depth. It’s a depth that pushes you into the music: guitar things, electronic piano things, and brass things clicking or strumming or hemming and hawing around and above you like you’re part of the stage. If you’re into two channel audio, you might not be prepared for this level of immersion. In fact, if you’re not typically a stage performer, you may not be prepared for this level of immersion.”

I am a stage performer. This is so right.

Jun 24, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #7,143 of 9,829
Try the Final Audio type E tips. They came with the new Andro. If not, should be able to buy from ebay or amazon. Does wonder for my andro. V good bass (not boomy but great presence) with next to zero loss of up side details......

I really like the lower and proper mids on the Andro, very detailed, very natural, with excellent timbre. I also liked the upper treble. Very extended, yet not sibilant or harsh. Nice and sweet.

What I disliked was the lack of bass (I found it roughly comparable to an SE535), but even more than that, I found the upper mids and lower treble really shouty and fatiguing... And oddly lacking in detail in this register. Like that register was so forward that it was experience “shout bloat” or something.

Also, I found this register almost sentient in it’s ability to find the most obnoxious sound-effect aspect of any given song and scream it. My nickname for the Andro is the “More Cowbell IEM”... Listening to Don’t Fear the Reaper, it will grab the cowbell and bang you over the head with it. The digital wood block effect on Hungry Like the Wolf? Hammered into your ear. How about Black Francis’ “uh-huh-huh” whisper on Tame? Yeah, that will be pushed through your skull and out the back. It’s uncanny. I kind of wanted to go down a masochistic rabbit hole of listening to well-known songs that have a strange effect under the mix, to see if the Andro would isolate the effect and abuse me with it. I bet Pet Sounds would have been a bloody nightmare. Or anything by the Strokes. But I didn’t take the time. Because I literally had an earache after like 20 minutes of listening.

Wait, you asked me what I’m looking for, not what I hate. Sorry. I guess it can be reverse-engineered from the above rant, ha ha. But to clarify:

-Lower mid impact and detail like the Andro
-Upper treble in the same vein as the Andro
-Deeper, more impactful bass than the Andro. By a lot.
-Smoother upper mids and smoother lower treble than the Andro. Nothing shouty or fatiguing.

Jun 24, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #7,144 of 9,829
Good morning guys, I have an offer for a brand new Andro S with the bill for about 550$, I mostly play some electronic music but I have everything in my dap, it’s a worth?

Jun 24, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #7,145 of 9,829
Good morning guys, I have an offer for a brand new Andro S with the bill for about 550$, I mostly play some electronic music but I have everything in my dap, it’s a worth?
Unless that's an offer from your parents it sounds too good to be true.

Jun 24, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #7,146 of 9,829
Unless that's an offer from your parents it sounds too good to be true.
Well, I have the bill, the serial number and everything and of course, they are legit and are quite new (just few months). He doesn’t use them anymore so basically he wants to sell, that’s all, but I want to know that this is a good offer for me as I’m not the best audiophile guy in the world

Jun 24, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #7,147 of 9,829
Well, I have the bill, the serial number and everything and of course, they are legit and are quite new (just few months). He doesn’t use them anymore so basically he wants to sell, that’s all, but I want to know that this is a good offer for me as I’m not the best audiophile guy in the world
The Andro S is a great, great IEM. I love mine. But my main genres are metal and rock, with the occasional vocal, jazz, classical thrown in there. No EDM for me. The Andro BA bass is excellent (fast and tight), but for EDM you might want the impact of the traditional DD bass. I'll let others who listen to electronic answer this.

Jun 24, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #7,148 of 9,829
That's an amazing price. If you decide to not take them, please let me know. I'm looking for Andro S since a long time ago

Jun 24, 2019 at 7:07 PM Post #7,149 of 9,829
So, i can confirm that iematch brings the vocals to shine. One thing to concern is it has less bass. So diminishing return is real. I do eq bass a lil bump for certain tracks.

Jun 24, 2019 at 7:59 PM Post #7,150 of 9,829
To anyone who loves details and okay with super fast lows. Also, listening at low volume. Get the iematch, andromeda will provide you millions of details without even cranking up the volume. Wow.. again wow!

Jun 24, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #7,151 of 9,829
To anyone who loves details and okay with super fast lows. Also, listening at low volume. Get the iematch, andromeda will provide you millions of details without even cranking up the volume. Wow.. again wow!

That's why when you hit the right chain synergy with Andromeda, it sounds like it's an endgame IEM, which for me it is

Jun 24, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #7,152 of 9,829
That's why when you hit the right chain synergy with Andromeda, it sounds like it's an endgame IEM, which for me it is
Just listen to IU and oh my. The most beautiful IU song ive ever heard. Just a different approach compares to hd800. The details is just crazy. The separation is perfect. With all the details and separation, all of them are their own space which brings a lively soundstage. Again, i listen to kinda low volume, it sounds better with low volume :D

Jun 24, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #7,153 of 9,829
Just listen to IU and oh my. The most beautiful IU song ive ever heard. Just a different approach compares to hd800. The details is just crazy. The separation is perfect. With all the details and separation, all of them are their own space which brings a lively soundstage. Again, i listen to kinda low volume, it sounds better with low volume :D

Glad you found the right chain synergy! IU's voice is just so mesmerizing with Andromeda. I especially love her voice from the flower bookmark album 1 & 2!

Jun 24, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #7,154 of 9,829
Glad you found the right chain synergy! IU's voice is just so mesmerizing with Andromeda. I especially love her voice from the flower bookmark album 1 & 2!
Most of IUs songs are spot on especially the vocal centric songs. Her voice alone is enough to make you close your eyes and lost into her soul

Jun 24, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #7,155 of 9,829

This has been my experience with the iematch too. Really opened up the soundstage on the Andromedas for me and took details to a whole new level, especially at lower volumes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back