1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova

First

Back
466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475
477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486
Next

Last
  1. theveterans
    Definitely weird on your part. I find that Apple Music lacks a bit of finest details and dynamics than ALAC. Sound Check and EQ are definitely OFF while Volume limit is 1/2 to allow more control. I use Foobar2000 to rip CDs to 16/44.1 ALAC or downsample hi-res 24/96 or 24/192 to 16/48 ALAC with SOX resampler + dithering. All files are sync through iTunes

Mirimar likes this.
  2. Hanesu
    I know where you are coming from! Even though it seems there are not many people complaining about it (everyone has different ears), I hear the same as you! Andromeda‘s midbass is kind of overshadowing some parts of the lower mids! Imo it has to do a lot with the not so far extending BA (not DD) bass and the try to give it more punch by increasing midbass. Me, too, I prefer a clearer separation between bass and mids. You can try to eq down midbass and increase subbass - it works to a certain point . Me, finally, I decided to sell Andromeda because of that issue. I loved the general sound signature though, the sparkly highs are just fantastic...

twiceboss likes this.
  3. twiceboss
    Oh damn, which freq to be specific? 250 or 500hz? So, no other IEM that has a CLEAR FXXKING vocal like HD800? I want an IEM that is like a dedicated driver for only vocals and let the others do the music and instruments details. Is there anything like that????

edit: not all tracks, just certain tracks have this problem

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  4. orifiel
    Andromeda S do have this “special mid frec. driver” better vocals, and a bit less sparkle...but it’s out of stock.
    Maybe you could search a second hand unit.

Gww1 likes this.
  5. cpaulik
  6. Mirimar
    I’m going to play around with the settings and rip some CDs that I know are well recorded/mastered and see how I go. The main issue I have found with the Andros is a slight issue with harshness/sibilance but I think that is due to sound check being enabled and as far as I know Apple Music raises/lowers the volume on the track and doesn’t use Replay Gain like Spotify. Also need to track down a nice cable with low OI (Reference 8?) and maybe try some of the new Spiral Dot ++ tips :p

7. Hanesu
    I lowered 250 AND 125hz while increasing 63 and 31hz.
    But if I were you, I would better not try too hard to find HD 800 in an IEM - because IMO that is simply impossible. You will never get a similar kind of openness and layering in an IEM due to the physical built of an open back headphone the HD 800 is. From my experience the ones that come closest to that experience are the iSines by Audeze, because they are open back, too. On the other hand they are still quite far away from the technical abilities and detailing of an HD800 and if you use an open back IEM without isolation you could also just right use your HD800 anyway.
    If you like the sound of the Andromedas and want it with less midbass humb and even clearer midrange I think you might love the Vision Ears VE8. They are really nice but also freaking expensive - which kept me away from buying it.
    Another recommendation would be a relatively unknown IEM: The Unique Melody Macbeth, which is only available in Asia. It sounds superduper clear and clean in the mids and treble, while in the bass department is mainly focussing on sub bass. Some people might find it peaky though, but if you are coming from an HD800 you might not. Generally you should maybe search for Hybrids with a focus on subbass. With BA drivers they are very often either bass light and super clean or have that midbass humb from my experience (because it`s quite difficult to archive physical impact due to the lack of sub bass extension). Only a few (mostly very expensive models) get it right if you also like bass.
    If you love vocals you should also definitely check out the different offers by Oriolus. I have the Mk2 and it has absolutely gorgeous voice reproduction. Though the sound is quite different than HD800, warmer and rounder. The Oriolus Mellianus is more focussing on details, but is also quite more expensive.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    twiceboss likes this.
  8. twiceboss
    Thanks for the details!!! I will eq this for certain tracks and not eq it for the other tracks.

It's true that it's impossible to get the open ness of hd800. Hd800 is also rated as the biggest soundstage in headphones territory.

I'll be doing more listening and eq ing this until i got the sweet spot. And also, the tip selection is also very crucial. The final tips give less soundstage but better bass and less fatiguing highs. Jvc give better openness and less bass.

So now im curious, what kinds of tips those are recommended for the tips rolling for andro? I just order a symbio W too.

Let me know what tips can give the best openness with andro! I would make it an instant buy for sure haha

9. theveterans
    I had Sound check disabled and volume limit only at 50%. I can't say for the cables but anything that has more core strands + rhodium/gold plugs should have very low OI as to not add to the DAP's OI. Well, I just demoed the Chord Hugo 2 + M-Scaler with the Andromeda and that is the most non-sibilant sound I've ever heard out of the Andromeda

IMG_1430.JPG

Mirimar likes this.
  10. twiceboss
    I saw you using symbio w tips, do you have spiral dot to compare? Or anything explanation on how it sounds? :D

11. theveterans
    I definitely prefer the Symbio W with the Andromeda as it offers a very wide and open soundstage compared to foam and spinfit tips. I've never tried the Spiral dots but the downside of Symbio W is that it does not tame the treble of a sibilant recording. With the Hugo 2 and M-scaler, the sound is just pure effortless, the timing, macro and micro detail retrieval is presented in the most natural and effortless way I've ever heard out of the Andromeda. Zero sibilance of the "s-sounds" nor abnormal treble response. Soundstage and imaging is spot-on but some DAPs are wider sounding than the Hugo 2 but that might be due to Hugo 2's OI which is too low. Surprisingly bass response isn't too bassy with this setup compared to DAPs with similar OI as the Hugo 2.

twiceboss likes this.
  12. twiceboss
    Thanks!! Cant wait for the tipstips rol!!! It really changes the andro sounds quite a lot!

theveterans likes this.
  13. theveterans
    I just wish the level of technicality of the Hugo 2 + M-Scaler can be had on a DAP, and we would get the ultimate nirvana portable sound. Just sucks that Hugo2 hisses with Andromeda compared to my iPod Touch 7G with zero hissing.

14. twiceboss
    Ive had hugo2 years ago for the demo. Use it like a week but i dont have andromeda yet. I tried with hd800 and not prefer it. It is quite bright for hd800. I prefer my current setup for hd800. It is the endgame for the hd800 so far ive tried.

theveterans likes this.
  15. theveterans
    Interesting. That's probably the reason why the bass isn't as bassy sounding with the Andromeda despite the <1 ohm OI. I think the bass quantity is almost equal or a tiny bit more than my iPod Touch 7G. I've been spoiled with the hiss free playback from my iPod Touch such that any amount of hiss I perceive makes me consider it as hissy. I'm pretty sure some Andromeda + Hugo 2 users would be perfectly fine with the hiss level and even say that their setup is hiss free

First

Back
466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475
477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486
Next

Last